Let's Talk About The Eagles

cern

Reaction score
Keep in mind last year the Giants were abysmal. The year before they were like 12 and 4. So good teams can fall off the face of the earth.

I don't think the Eagles will have the good fortune this year that they had last year. They won a lot of close games last year that they could easily have lost.
they lost their best o-lineman, best linebacker and starting qb to injuries. perhaps we define good fortune differently.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Nope, I couldn't even watch the super bowl. I would've been rooting for the Eagles if I did, so much do I hate the cheatriots and seeing them win another title. There is no way I'm going to be rooting for the Eagles, so no super bowl for me.

The Super Bowl could be ISIS vs Al-Qaeda and not only would I watch it, but I'd be rooting like hell for one of them.

I'd probably skip the halftime show though. I'm guessing it would suck.

Verdict

Reaction score
Owner stays out of the way.

Quarterback in place.

Great defense.

Good coach.

None of which Dallas has.

We're screwed.

Don't you think you should lighten up on the optimism? Someone may think you are a cheerleader.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
They have a foundation, GM and coach that is going to keep them contenders for at least a decade.

I'd wager they'll win 2 more SBs before any other team wins 2 more SBs.

Doubtful on keeping players past this year.

They are way over the CAP next year already without their rookie signings from the draft next year.
They need to trade Foles to help them a little. Wentz is coming up soon for a contract.
You can't keep pushing money forward.
We did it with bad results.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't like the Eagles, but I disagree that the Eagles are the worst Super Bowl team this decade. On the contrary, I think they're probably the most complete team to win a title in recent years.
Likely excellent QB play, elite in the OL (comparable to Dallas) & DL, good back 7, good weapons on offense.
The thing about thier QB play is good teams can get after Wentz and he is able to still be effective with his high completion rate on 3rd downs. And on the flip side the Eagles defense can pressure good QBs and affect their play! Good coaching also helps and it will be interesting to see how the offense does losing their coordinator!

The Natural

Reaction score
The thing that pissed me off watching the Eagles last year is it seemed like opposing teams just did not get up to play them. But maybe it was their supreme coaching, maybe the gods just had it in the cards for them to do what they did.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Sorry I just hate the Eagles. Their coaching was able to win with Foles. I think they will fall off, but I think they'll be good for a few more years.

Just remember that as of today, the Eagles are $56 million over the cap for 2019. 56 million! And guess what? They haven’t paid Wentz yet.

They’re going to be a very competitive team this season. They’re going for it all. But most Eagles fans that I know recognize the train wreck that is waiting for them in 2019. They’re going to have to blow up the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Carson Wentz
Yl80fOR.jpg

mcmvp

Reaction score
Just remember that as of today, the Eagles are $56 million over the cap for 2019. 56 million! And guess what? They haven’t paid Wentz yet.

They’re going to be a very competitive team this season. They’re going for it all. But most Eagles fans that I know recognize the train wreck that is waiting for them in 2019. They’re going to have to blow up the team.

Hyperbole much?

It’s not $56 mil...it’s about $30.4 mil. Jason Peters and Nick Foles alone account for that. I think everyone pretty much knows 2018 is the last season for Peters. Nick Foles will likely be moved before then as well.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

mcmvp

Reaction score
Keep in mind last year the Giants were abysmal. The year before they were like 12 and 4. So good teams can fall off the face of the earth.

I don't think the Eagles will have the good fortune this year that they had last year. They won a lot of close games last year that they could easily have lost.

Not really...it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary for a team that has a successful season. Both the Eagles last year and the Cowboys in 2016 had 13-3 seasons.

Last year the Eagles had a point differential of 162 points (tied for best in the league w/ NE). 4 of their 13 wins were by 7 points or less.

The 2016 Cowboys had a point differential of 115 points (3 less per game than the Eagles). They were 3rd in the league behind NE (191) and Atlanta (134). 7 of their 13 wins were by 7 points or less.

Last edited:

CPanther95

Reaction score
Doubtful on keeping players past this year.

They are way over the CAP next year already without their rookie signings from the draft next year.
They need to trade Foles to help them a little. Wentz is coming up soon for a contract.
You can't keep pushing money forward.
We did it with bad results.

We saw what happened last year when they lost their LT, QB, best LB, best special teams player and most versatile RB during the season.

I have little doubt they will fill the holes that are created with a couple of offseasons to prepare.

Batman1980

Reaction score
We saw what happened last year when they lost their LT, QB, best LB, best special teams player and most versatile RB during the season.

I have little doubt they will fill the holes that are created with a couple of offseasons to prepare.

Doug Pederson is the coach so many seem to think Jason Garrett is. I have 11 years of evidence on my side, though. Also the Lurie family run the Iggles far better than the Jones run this franchise.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doug Pederson is the coach so many seem to think Jason Garrett is. I have 11 years of evidence on my side, though. Also the Lurie family run the Iggles far better than the Jones run this franchise.
The Eagirls have ran their organization terribly. They had a solid off-season last year. Doesn't make up for the years of bad.management.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The fact that they won a Super Bowl with a journeyman back-up at QB tells you how well that roster is constructed and coached.
Or they just got lucky lol. I see it on defense....they have a very good defense with youth. I see it with Wentz......outside of that? I just don't see it. Even the Peterson hiring.....Eagirls fans wanted hi! Fired and never hired now he's Lombardi.

Batman1980

Reaction score
They probably have the second best defense in the conference behind only Minnesota. Somehow they beat the Vikings or we'd be talking about how Minnesota won their first Super Bowl. I also criticized the Luries for years but they brought in Pederson and made all the necessary moves to bring their franchise their first ever Super Bowl championship.