Let's Talk About The Eagles

Bigdog

Reaction score
Lurie has been a pretty damn good owner and has hired some good number crunchers. I was never a huge fan of Joe Banner, but he managed the cap better than most teams do...and Roseman learned under him.
It is going to be interesting the next two years. I saw an article where the Eagles will only have $60 million to spend where the Cowboys will have over $200 million to spend. The question is will the Cowboys spend it wisely? We shall see.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They won’t win 13 games again. But they have to be the clear favorite in the NFCE.

I do not believe they will make it back to the SB. I think Minnesota, with Cousins and that defense and a healthy Cook back are the best team in the NFC.
I think their road will be tougher. usually teams that succeed start to lose coaches and then players. they already lost their OC. teams will be gunning for them. I think they are an 11-6 team.

I am not sold on cousins.... he was over rated and stat collector.

I like the rams at least on paper. they added two top cover CBs, and Suh, so their defense should be much better and this is the second yearof McVey so a good offense, will probably be better.

cml750

Reaction score
Good coach - check
Good QB - check

Yes,I am sad to say the Eagles will have success for the forseeable future while we muddle in mediocrity. Sigh, perhaps one day Jerry will value winning more than being comfortable and wanting to say he is the main reason we won because it ain't happening until he does. I mean the man said what is in my signature which is all we need to know about Jerry to realize everything is an exercise in futility until he passes on the reigns but even then I am not sure Stephen wouldn't be just as bad. Until then we are stuck with mediocre coaches so Jerry can say he is the reason we won yet we never win it all.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Good coach - check
Good QB - check

Yes,I am sad to say the Eagles will have success for the forseeable future while we muddle in mediocrity. Sigh, perhaps one day Jerry will value winning more than being comfortable and wanting to say he is the main reason we won because it ain't happening until he does. I mean the man said what is in my signature which is all we need to know about Jerry to realize everything is an exercise in futility until he passes on the reigns but even then I am not sure Stephen wouldn't be just as bad. Until then we are stuck with mediocre coaches so Jerry can say he is the reason we won yet we never win it all.

Yep. The sad reality is that he could be they reason they won if he just hired the right people and let them do their job...like he did with Jimmy. He gets credit for that hire. I just don’t think that’s enough for him to live with though.

Until he realizes it, he’ll continue be the reason they don’t get over the hump.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lurie has been a pretty damn good owner and has hired some good number crunchers. I was never a huge fan of Joe Banner, but he managed the cap better than most teams do...and Roseman learned under him.

They will not be as cap strapped as many seem to think. Sure there will be challenges, But every team has those. I think some people think they will have to part ways with good players still in their prime. I don’t think that will be the case. We’ll see.
Seems like they have a lot of older players on there team...aside from Wentz I can't imagine any young players they really need to spend money on. So they may lose some guys but I'm not sure if it will hurt their young players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good coach - check
Good QB - check

Haven't the Eagirls always had a qb and good coach lol? Mcnabb and Reid were both solid.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Haven't the Eagirls always had a qb and good coach lol? Mcnabb and Reid were both solid.

Yeah they were. But Reid was too pass-happy with McNabb. Pederson wants the run/pass ratio more balanced. It will be interesting to see how Nagy is in Chicago...another from the Reid tree.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
There is nobody here who despises the Philthy team more than me, probably a bunch who despises them as much as I do. And their fans are on an even higher level of despite due to their arrogance and and high level of hate spewed towards my team.

Having said that I will give them praise for their excellent season.

I expect them to be just good this year as last. How they maneuver through the cap in years to come will be interesting to watch.

cml750

Reaction score
Yep, McNabb was slightly overrated however he and Reid had the team in the Superbowl and near the top of the NFC for several years. They may not have won a Superbowl but they reached it. Romo was 10 times the QB McNabb was and Garrett could only manage to win a single playoff game with him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep, McNabb was slightly overrated however he and Reid had the team in the Superbowl and near the top of the NFC for several years. They may not have won a Superbowl but they reached it. Romo was 10 times the QB McNabb was and Garrett could only manage to win a single playoff game with him.
Lol McNabb overrated? Did you see his supporting cast he took to the Super Bowl?

T-RO

Reaction score
They have a foundation, GM and coach that is going to keep them contenders for at least a decade.

I'd wager they'll win 2 more SBs before any other team wins 2 more SBs.

To sustain success you need good cap situation and youth.
-Eagles cap space sucks
-They have some youth but not like us

CPanther95

Reaction score
To sustain success you need good cap situation and youth.
-Eagles cap space sucks
-They have some youth but not like us

Seems every time the cap space gets tight on everybody, the NFL squeezes another billion dollars out of somebody for some new programming package.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They have the most chance to become the next dynasty while we sit back and watch Dak throw ducks to the opposing team.

Yay.

exciter

Reaction score
I said when they drafted him they'd go on a ridiculous series of titles.

I no longer hear the laughter.

They accepted the son, they get blessed by the father. Hence Nick friggin Foles taking over late and still winning one.

They'll win at least 5 or 6 more. Maybe 7.

It could have been us. It should have been us. It was set up for us.
I'll guess 2 to 3, 6 or 7 is stretching it. They're going to have to do a major purge of their salary cap once it's time to pay Wentz. They're going to have to draft really well or be like the Packers with Rogers carrying them during the season but not having enough around him to finish in the payoffs. But yeah, when you're sitting at 4, have a geriatric qb and there is a possible franchise qb sitting there...spend the resources to get him. As much as I liked Romo it was a dumb belief thinking he had 4 or 5 years left even then!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am sure many of you, just like me, threw a temper tantrum when Brandon Graham swiped the ball out of Tom Brady's hands giving the Eagles their first title in forever and then in one moment, emboldened one of the more sad franchises to take a step forward and win a Super Bowl.

Thoughts for their upcoming season and how it relates to the Cowboys?

I am watching the replay of the Atlanta playoff game on NFLN now. Good stuff to watch.

Define good.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am watching the replay of the Atlanta playoff game on NFLN now. Good stuff to watch.
I watched the replay of that game yesterday. I completely forgot what a tough hard fought game that was last year. One of the more impressive stats was that the Eagles defense hadnt given up a TD in the last 2 min of the game all last year. Defense and running game is what won that.