Let's talk Patriots

blueblood70

Reaction score
The problem with Mac Jones is he does not have any weapons. The Patriots have the worst offensive fire power in the league and they will be down at least two offensive linemen when we play them. The Cowboys just have to not turn the ball over and we should win by at least 10 points.
NONE they spent more in FA then any team and it was record..

they have three TES 2 with big names that were coveted in the offseaosn...im sure he has some weapons'..i dont watch them so not sure who their RBs or WOs are but to say none might be a bit underrating and opponent..

Wolfpack

Reaction score
The Pats (much like the Giants) are way over matched. Their offense is limited with a rookie QB and not much of a run game. Defense, they are sound but Dallas is bringing too much to the table, they can run or pass. Best bet for the Pats is to play sound football and look to confuse the offense with coverage looks.

Carson

Reaction score
The Pats (much like the Giants) are way over matched. Their offense is limited with a rookie QB and not much of a run game. Defense, they are sound but Dallas is bringing too much to the table, they can run or pass. Best bet for the Pats is to play sound football and look to confuse the offense with coverage looks.
My big concern is their bread and butter is play action and a pass over the middle to the TE. Always seems open against us

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If Patriots load up the box to stop the run game just insert McGovern at FB and let's boogie........ they better not single cover Cooper, Lamb, Wilson and Shultz by the way

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Mac Jones is game manager, 5 TDs with 5 interceptions so far. Their offense is ranked near the bottom but the defense is top 10. It appears they relying mostly on their D and the rookie as game manager to wins games.

26th in scoring
5th in points allowed

29th offensive turnovers
11th defensive turnovers

The bottom line, we should win this game pretty easily.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2021.htm

Learned long time ago, never take a Bellichek run team lightly. Saw his defenses stop 2 of the best all time offenses on the biggest stage, the Rams greatest show on turf and the Jim Kelly no huddle Bills offense. He will have a real plan on how to slow down our offense and take advantage of our mistakes. If the Cowboys have another sloppy game, they may lose to an interior team as the Patriots rarely beat themselves. To me, this is the definition of a trap game, especially with the bye week coming. On paper the Cowboys should beat this team, but they must play clean football.

245054207_4829870097023770_7908016627236838669_n.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Just let it go as clearly it was just a miscommunication. From what I am seeing the weather is supposed to be fine so NE will have to decide if they try and shut down the run or the pass to stay in the game.

Given the Patriots lack a high powered offense, they may choose to try and shut down the Dallas passing game to try and stay in the game
as Mac Jones lacks the weapons to go toe to toe with the Dallas passing game.

Thanks for the input on the Weather at Gillette,.. all that came to my mind was that utter Monsoon- Typhoon we had to endure playing in
that so much slowed down the game a couple of years ago when we last visited there.

Ridiculous how they can invest in brand spanking new stadium, but not retractable roof domes.

Pats are some players away from being the typical Belichek force but they already have a terrific young promising QB in Mac Jones, who has a nice feel for the game for being a rookie, has poise, underrated deep touch, and he processes and gets the ball out quickly.

Aside from Jones, I'm not impressed with their overall skill position players ,.at best, they work well within a system, but no one really scares you.
but that is what makes them the type of team that can sneak upon you, and play beyond their stats and numbers. ..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pats have done a pretty good job of keeping the scoring down. vs Tampa Bay they held the Pats to 19 points. I think Belichick will try to stop the quick strike by keeping safeties back but in doing so will only open themselves up to the Cowboys run game. Only chance I see Pats having is keeping the scoring down in this game

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Sam Darnold has his moments. But after the Eagles game I can see why the Jets would never pay him market value. As much as I have criticized Dak in the past, I have never seen him have a game as bad as Darnold had against the Eagles. And Darnold racked up a lot of those type games.

Carolina fans are already considering to run him out of town. He is not a starter imo but a very good backup.

Carson

Reaction score
Pats have done a pretty good job of keeping the scoring down. vs Tampa Bay they held the Pats to 19 points. I think Belichick will try to stop the quick strike by keeping safeties back but in doing so will only open themselves up to the Cowboys run game. Only chance I see Pats having is keeping the scoring down in this game
Big part of that was no Gronk for Brady. He’s vital to their offense especially in tough weathered games

Mr_437

Reaction score
The Patriots run defense is worst than the Giants was before Sunday...this alone is room for serious concern for BB.

The Pats throw to the flats and deep in breaking routes..thank goodness DAL has fast LBs now to cover those flats and CBs have too guard Gallup in training camp who runs that square in really good.

Not gonna lie, mud stomping the Pats would be sweet. Cowboys by 17.
:flagwave:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

I think with the Bucs it had more to do with the weather. The other 3 teams they have faced are not high powered offenses.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big part of that was no Gronk for Brady. He’s vital to their offense especially in tough weathered games

Injuries always play a part but Brady was not without weapons. For the most part NE was able to slow down Tampa and in doing so were able to still be in the game late in the 4th qrt.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
NONE they spent more in FA then any team and it was record..

they have three TES 2 with big names that were coveted in the offseaosn...im sure he has some weapons'..i dont watch them so not sure who their RBs or WOs are but to say none might be a bit underrating and opponent..
I would rather have Shultz then anything they have and he is our 5th best weapon. There is a reason Brady left to go to Tampa and it was not just his issues with Belichick.

rambo2

Reaction score
Belichick is going to focus on shutting either the run game or pass game down. I believe he will focus on the run game.

So, this will be a game where we have to rely much more on Dak's arm to win.

I believe Mac Jones will dink and dunk his way to a decent game also.

Regardless, it's the Pats with the GOAT at head coach. They'll have a plan. If the Pats have the players to make that plan work we'll see.
The Cowboys will crush them and easily beat the point spread once again.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
This is a game the Cowboys should win handily. McCarthy will surely remind the Cowboys all week how Belichick and the the Patriots have had their way with them over the years.

Reaction score
Dak and these receivers are going to eat

If I were the Cowboys, I would not rely on these stats.

Belichek will throw looks the Cowboys haven't seen this year. They will change up their defense to try to confuse Dak. That's what he does.

This will be a lower scoring game. We have the horses to win this game. But the offense has to limit mistakes. Especially turnovers.

Red zone defense will be important. Patriots will dink and dunk down the field. If the defense keeps them out of the end zone, I like our chances