Let's talk Patriots

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I will be at the game on Sunday and I want a huge blowout by Dallas. Been to every Dallas NE game in Foxboro since 99 and have seen every loss. I want a good ole fashion but whipping of in Bellichick and his team. However, I fear the Pats, even though they are average at best, will have a good game plan by Bellichick drawn up and will keep this game close. If Dallas plays as sloppy as they did last week they could actually lose this game. The Patriots will be up to play Dallas. Keep the mistakes to a minimum and Dallas could win by 10 or more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mac Jones is game manager, 5 TDs with 5 interceptions so far. Their offense is ranked near the bottom but the defense is top 10. It appears they relying mostly on their D and the rookie as game manager to wins games.

26th in scoring
5th in points allowed

29th offensive turnovers
11th defensive turnovers

The bottom line, we should win this game pretty easily.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2021.htm

245054207_4829870097023770_7908016627236838669_n.jpg

should LOL when does that happen when it should? lol

most likely a yuck it up outdoor road game so low scoring grind it out for while type game..

BB is run first, heavy 2-3 TE set type offense, the TE will light up our safety's and LBs if we dont know how to cover especially the soft middles i saw against giants..

add in rookies security blanket are RB check downs and TEs..they will eat some clock but like i said i saw soft middle against the giants big gaping holes that can easily be taken advantage of in this game..

we win a close one 20-14

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The Patriots offense leaves much to be desired so the Dallas defense should be able to play well against them. However, as has been stated already the Patriots defense can play well so this game may come down to the Dallas offense avoiding mistakes by way of turnovers.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
The Patriots offense leaves much to be desired so the Dallas defense should be able to play well against them. However, as has been stated already the Patriots defense can play well so this game may come down to the Dallas offense avoiding mistakes by way of turnovers.

That’s it in a nutshell. Pats will only hang with them and have a chance to win if Dallas plays sloppy. Here’s to hoping they come out firing on all cylinders and blow them out.

Bates

Reaction score
We should win. Pats have played 3 horrible teams in the jets, Dolphins and Texans. May be skewing their defensive numbers. They also lost all 3 home games. That Tampa game is probably an outlier due to the emotions around the game. Rookie QB for them. That said, bill is a great d coordinator and has shut down plenty of teams in those Super Bowls with his game plans.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The great thing about the Cowboys this year is it doesn't matter who the opponent is, as long as they take care of bidness they can overpower opponents. Especially in the second half. And even belichek will not be able to contain this Cowboy offense.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Our run game is too strong and that includes Dak. This offense has not peaked yet...scary but true.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You believe our run game is the worst part of our team? lol
The worst part of the patriots team. Lol follow the conversation We were talking about the patriots. No wonder why you have so many problems. U2 ready to judge

Carson

Reaction score
We should win. Pats have played 3 horrible teams in the jets, Dolphins and Texans. May be skewing their defensive numbers. They also lost all 3 home games. That Tampa game is probably an outlier due to the emotions around the game. Rookie QB for them. That said, bill is a great d coordinator and has shut down plenty of teams in those Super Bowls with his game plans.
They had bad weather as well against Tampa I believe

NeathBlue

Reaction score
If the Patriots concentrate on shutting down the run game, then they’ll get horribly burned by Cooper, Lamb, Wilson, Schultz and Jarwin…
If they can’t stop the run, we’ll rush for close to 200 again and dominate the clock taking away their run game.
The only way we don’t win by at least 2 scores, is if we beat ourselves by turning the ball over and stupid penalties.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The worst part of the patriots team. Lol follow the conversation We were talking about the patriots. No wonder why you have so many problems. U2 ready to judge
"I was thinking the same thing about the RUN game . But I think that’s the worst part of the team"

That is what you said. You wasn't clear in what you said. If you would have said "But I think that's the worst part of the Pats defense" then there would be no reason to clarify. We are talking about the Cowboys and the Patriots. You didn't say which team you were talking about.

There's no need for ya to get all emotional about it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"I was thinking the same thing about the RUN game . But I think that’s the worst part of the team"

That is what you said. You wasn't clear in what you said. If you would have said "But I think that's the worst part of the Pats defense" then there would be no reason to clarify. We are talking about the Cowboys and the Patriots. You didn't say which team you were talking about.

There's no need for ya to get all emotional about it.
We were talking about the patriots. Did you fall asleep The first sentence they will try to stop the run game. And then I said is the worst part of the team. Did I have to actually say their team when we were already talking about their team. Wow

USArmyVet

Reaction score
WE wasn't talking about just the Patriots.

I was talking about both the Cowboys and Patriots.

Just let it go as clearly it was just a miscommunication. From what I am seeing the weather is supposed to be fine so NE will have to decide if they try and shut down the run or the pass to stay in the game.

Given the Patriots lack a high powered offense, they may choose to try and shut down the Dallas passing game to try and stay in the game as Mac Jones lacks the weapons to go toe to toe with the Dallas passing game.

quickccc

Reaction score
Mac Jones is game manager, 5 TDs with 5 interceptions so far. Their offense is ranked near the bottom but the defense is top 10. It appears they relying mostly on their D and the rookie as game manager to wins games.

The bottom line, we should win this game pretty easily.

26th in scoring
5th in points allowed

29th offensive turnovers
11th defensive turnovers

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2021.htm

As a football team, that's always the most dangerous way of thinking, going into a game.

That's the kind of "Cruise control " mentality that actually gets you playing down to the level of your opponent, gets you playing half-azz and
ultimately gets you upset and defeated.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Let's not assume Mac Jones won't carve us up. Sam Darnold carved us up as the Jets QB, and if not for Diggs would have had record numbers against us. He still had a good day despite Diggs. And Sam Darnold sucks.
The problem with Mac Jones is he does not have any weapons. The Patriots have the worst offensive fire power in the league and they will be down at least two offensive linemen when we play them. The Cowboys just have to not turn the ball over and we should win by at least 10 points.