Le'Veon Bell to the Jets

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So he actually missed out on 12 million for this deal?

Lol

He has his security and a year less of wear and tear. But if reports are true, still sounds like the Steelers long-term offer was better. Key here is sound coz we don't have full details.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Man, the Jets really better hope Darnold pans out. Otherwise they’ve bought themselves some very expensive deck chairs.
Dont worry! If Darnold turns out to be a dud at least he will have the supporting cast to make him look like an NFL starter.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
And whose going to move the chains if I may dare to ask?

Draft another back. RBs like Zeke usually don't have a long shelf life due to the pounding they take. How many times did we see him hobbling last year? Extending him with a lot of guaranteed money is just asking for dead money in the future.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not as much as I expected TBH
if i were arguing for the jets, i'd center on how long he's been out of the game and the fact every RB since him has enjoyed success. him or the line/system?

those are hard to counter with a simple "pay me".

John813

Reaction score
Or Bell hated the Steelers so much it was never really about $$$

Think it was more about "respect" and the lack of true guarantees in his deals.
The signing bonus too was quite low compared to the rest of the top backs at the time, even if their AAV was much lower.

their final offer was basically a team option deal after the first year. They could cut him at any time, and take little dead cap hit, unless of course they restructured the deal, a la Antonio Brown.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And whose going to move the chains if I may dare to ask?
Need to draft his replacement. 3rd or 4th rounder. Possibly a FA as well.

Im not a fan of paying RB's 15 million per year or using 4th picks on them.

J12B

Reaction score
He has his security and a year less of wear and tear. But if reports are true, still sounds like the Steelers long-term offer was better. Key here is sound coz we don't have full details.

It was actually 14.5 million he missed out on by not playing under the tag.

He played himself

John813

Reaction score
He got 35mil gtd, 10 mil less than Gurley.

But his total money amount can hit 61mil. Probably based off performance calculators and maybe playoff appearances.

I don't think he played last year correctly, ultimately rejecting to sign the FT, and I wonder if certain owners/GMs didn't want to deal with him.
He seemed to always be linked to the Jets from last year, but I think they were dealing with a little more power on their side with him.
add in his suspension history and that Gurley was sort of shutdown in the playoffs due to injury, I think that RB revolution could be short lived in terms of payday.