Le'Veon Bell to the Jets

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
They just signed a really good offensive tackle. They just filled a need on defense and got their young QB a good pass catching RB and Darnold is best at quick release short passes.

Comparing this to a historic trade that hurt one franchise and built another into a dynasty LOL This will barely impact the Jets cap.
Not about dynasty, it's about a player that was great in one system and never panned out in another, Walker was the leading running back, was a shell of himself in Minnesota, who was expected to be the key piece to their Superbowl run....square peg, round hole assessment......and in the end these are the JETS wer're talking about, one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the last two decades!!!

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
is bell as good as he thinks, or was he a product of the steelers offensive system? mike shanahan always had a great rb at Denver. more due to his scheme than the individual. as for sitting a year and missing out on 14.5 million, it remains to be seen if he can ever recoup the money or not. I just don't get the back and forth rudeness i'm reading just because not everyone agrees on how bell handled his business. DeMarco murray 2.0???
He was a little of both.... but time waits for no man

He will never make up the 14m he passed on last year and will always be marked as a malcontent

DLaw should take notice and sign an extension

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not about dynasty, it's about a player that was great in one system and never panned out in another, Walker was the leading running back, was a shell of himself in Minnesota, who was expected to be the key piece to their Superbowl run....square peg, round hole assessment......and in the end these are the JETS wer're talking about, one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the last two decades!!!

The comparison is still bad. Again, the cap hit will not impact the Jets in the way the Walker trade impacted both the Cowboys and Vikings. It’s historic.

And as bad as Jets have been throughout history - they went to the AFC championship in both 2009 and 2010. We are an off and on mediocre team that haven’t been to a championship since 95.

uvaballa

Reaction score
He was a little of both.... but time waits for no man

He will never make up the 14m he passed on last year and will always be marked as a malcontent

DLaw should take notice and sign an extension
$35 million guaranteed is better than $14.5 million guaranteed.

cern

Reaction score
$35 million guaranteed is better than $14.5 million guaranteed.
what you seem to overlook is the fact he could have still gotten the 35 million and the 14.5 million. that would have meant a gross of 49.5 million instead of a net 20 million over the same amount of time.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30 million dollar QB. Thats how its supposed to happen right?

30 Million might be the Crazy Jerry old fool price but may I ask when did we pick up a QB that excuses those $$$$ with his passing abilities?
Did we sign a new QB?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need to draft his replacement. 3rd or 4th rounder. Possibly a FA as well.

Im not a fan of paying RB's 15 million per year or using 4th picks on them.

Do you watch our games bud and see how much our offense is dependent on Zeke? Guess not.....:omg:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you watch our games bud and see how much our offense is dependent on Zeke? Guess not.....:omg:

I do but going forward Dak and the passing game are going to begin to take shape and carrying more of the load. And with our healthy Oline we can draft and sign quality backs that will still give us one of the top running games in the NFL.

Two first rounders or a first and 2nd would go a long way filling the safety and DT gaps and that 15 million we wont be paying Zeke also fills another slot.

Heck you could go out today and sign Mark Ingram and draft a kid in the 3rd round and be done with it.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do but going forward Dak and the passing game are going to begin to take shape and carrying more of the load. And with our healthy Oline we can draft and sign quality backs that will still give us one of the top running games in the NFL.

Two first rounders or a first and 2nd would go a long way filling the safety and DT gaps and that 15 million we wont be paying Zeke also fills another slot.

Heck you could go out today and sign Mark Ingram and draft a kid in the 3rd round and be done with it.

Ok bud GL with that.......personally what you've seen of below average throwing Dak is as good as it will get.....:omg:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok bud GL with that.......personally what you've seen of below average throwing Dak is as good as it will get.....:omg:

Ive seen an incredible young QB that is getting better. Historically one of the best first 3 years for a QB in NFL history.

I guess you will just have to cry your way through more pro bowls seasons from him. LOL

Poor guy

uvaballa

Reaction score
what you seem to overlook is the fact he could have still gotten the 35 million and the 14.5 million. that would have meant a gross of 49.5 million instead of a net 20 million over the same amount of time.
Not if he got hurt. Bell did the right thing.

cern

Reaction score
Not if he got hurt. Bell did the right thing.
possibly. by not playing, he prevented injury. but had he played and had a great year, he might have made even more. either way, I wish him the best. I understand it's a business and there are different ways to conduct business.