Lewis over Jones

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I keep thinking it’s still early and eventually Richards will realize Lewis is just better despite the 1/2 inch or whatever. But let’s say he’s just another one of those stubborn coaches that sticks to his template, how many games before they make the switch?

I’m gonna set the Over/Under to 5 Games till they make the switch. What say you?

Stupid Offseason thread...:mad:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I keep thinking it’s still early and eventually Richards will realize Lewis is just better despite the 1/2 inch or whatever. But let’s say he’s just another one of those stubborn coaches that sticks to his template, how many games before they make the switch?

I’m gonna set the Over/Under to 5 Games till they make the switch. What say you?

Brass is banking on Jones being the solution for reasons other than the obvious.
They are determined to make a fit for a former 1st rounder.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lewis should start as a slot corner. With the amount of time the team is in the nickel/dime, there will be essentially 3 starting CB’s: Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis.

I can’t see Brown winning the slot over Lewis, who has great instincts and savvy for a young guy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I cannot wait until Lewis is beating guys inside ........ like he did his girlfriend.

(sarcasm)

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just my opinion but Lewis will be better in the slot and Jones will be better outside. Not sure they are fighting for the same CB spot.

I agree. Lewis' competition is Anthony Brown.

conner01

Reaction score
Lewis should start as a slot corner. With the amount of time the team is in the nickel/dime, there will be essentially 3 starting CB’s: Jones, Awuzie, and Lewis.

I can’t see Brown winning the slot over Lewis, who has great instincts and savvy for a young guy.
My guess is that is exactly right
3 best playing and Brown the 4th guy

Techsass

Reaction score
Of course not ........ he was accused of throwing a pillow at her

I was being sarcstic because a Commander troll who is back on the forum was saying that lastyear.
Man I remember reading that from the trial transcripts. That was the actual allegation against him from her lawyer. Sheesh.

As for the thread, I think either Lewis or Jones would be good in the slot, so let them fight over who is better outside.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brown's more likely to take an outside job than Lewis is. But I don't think that'll happen, either. We'll have a healthy rotation at DB, but Byron's going to be one of the primary starters all season.

The Natural

Reaction score

I thought the consensus among the 5 posters that think Byron is a good CB was that he matches up better on the inside? Lewis and Awuzie should the two starters on the outside

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I know everyone is gonna hate me for this but I believe the reason for no ET is because of Byron Jones's flexibility to play both FS and CB. I may be wrong. I may be crazy or it just may be the lunatic....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I thought the consensus among the 5 posters that think Byron is a good CB was that he matches up better on the inside? Lewis and Awuzie should the two starters on the outside

*This*

Short memory around these here parts....