Lewis over Jones

DuceizBak

Reaction score
You clearly have reading comprehension challenges. This thread is about Talent over Templates, read it again..

Lewis is better than Jones but Jones got the nod because he’s half an inch taller, Brilliant!!
Byron Jones is 6'1, Lewis is 5'9, more than just an inch and a half

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is about Lewis and Jones, nobody said anything about Awuzie (Our #1 CB.) There’s no evidence that Lewis is better than Jones? Really? LOL....

Lewis is 5’11
Jones is 6’0

Unless you are going by high school measurements...

Time will tell, hopefully Jones proves me wrong but I give it 5 games if he makes through training camp and preseason as the starter which I’m sure by that point others will make threads about Jones being a liability in coverage..

One thing everyone has proven in this thread though and it’s undeniable is that Jones is only the starter due to his measurables, not his talent...

Lewis 5100
Jones 6005

You probably don know what those number mean.

I'll dumb it down for you:
5'-10"
6'-5/8"

That 2-5/8" difference.

You really must not pay attention if you didn't think I would post the numbers.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Lewis 5100
Jones 6005

You probably don know what those number mean.

I'll dumb it down for you:
5'-10"
6'-5/8"

That 2-5/8" difference.

You really must not pay attention if you didn't think I would post the numbers.

Actually Lewis is really 5’10 3/4
Jones 6’0

:omg:

And everybody that actually watches the game knows Lewis is better than Jones in pure coverage....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let's not beat around the proverbial hedge here. The coming 2018 season could be a breakout year for Byron Jones.

The Dallas Cowboys had been trying to figure out exactly what they want the uber-talented defensive back to be heading into his fourth year in the NFL (oy vey), but to no avail. That certainly isn't to say Jones has not been impactful throughout his rookie contract, because he has. The problem is he hasn't reached his full potential as of yet, and a lot of that is accountable to the fact the team has failed to fully commit him to the one position he'd truly excel at more than any other. Sure, he has the ability to play centerfielder, but his record-setting athleticism and physical build are much better suited for that of an NFL cornerback.

It took all of two seconds for Kris Richard to make this assessment after being hired by the Cowboys, giving a very real indication of how aggressive the secondary will look going forward. Already proclaiming it to be a "good move" for both himself and the team, things are beginning to slowly take shape that could prove Jones correct and Richard the brilliant football mind the league remembers him to be. Describing Jones as the "prototypical" corner, and one that eerily matches All-Pro Richard Sherman in measurables -- sans record-breaking numbers from the NFL Combine by the junior CB -- the Cowboys will depend on Jones to anchor the young secondary by shutting down some of the top wideouts in football.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ns-trick-to-Kris-Richards-coaching-119403398/

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually Lewis is really 5’10 3/4
Jones 6’0

:omg:

And everybody that actually watches the game knows Lewis is better than Jones in pure coverage....
Wrong.

The combine numbers are accurate.

The numbers I posted are from the combine.

Do you just intentionally post fiction?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Wrong.

The combine numbers are accurate.

The numbers I posted are from the combine.

Do you just intentionally post fiction?

Not hardly, I get most of my info from DC.com and The Zone buckO....

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's not beat around the proverbial hedge here. The coming 2018 season could be a breakout year for Byron Jones.

The Dallas Cowboys had been trying to figure out exactly what they want the uber-talented defensive back to be heading into his fourth year in the NFL (oy vey), but to no avail. That certainly isn't to say Jones has not been impactful throughout his rookie contract, because he has. The problem is he hasn't reached his full potential as of yet, and a lot of that is accountable to the fact the team has failed to fully commit him to the one position he'd truly excel at more than any other. Sure, he has the ability to play centerfielder, but his record-setting athleticism and physical build are much better suited for that of an NFL cornerback.

It took all of two seconds for Kris Richard to make this assessment after being hired by the Cowboys, giving a very real indication of how aggressive the secondary will look going forward. Already proclaiming it to be a "good move" for both himself and the team, things are beginning to slowly take shape that could prove Jones correct and Richard the brilliant football mind the league remembers him to be. Describing Jones as the "prototypical" corner, and one that eerily matches All-Pro Richard Sherman in measurables -- sans record-breaking numbers from the NFL Combine by the junior CB -- the Cowboys will depend on Jones to anchor the young secondary by shutting down some of the top wideouts in football.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...ns-trick-to-Kris-Richards-coaching-119403398/
Uber talented is opinion.

Uber athletic? Absolutely. However, athleticism does not always transfer. Ask Bobby Carpenter and Bruce Carter!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Uber talented is opinion.

Uber athletic? Absolutely. However, athleticism does not always transfer. Ask Bobby Carpenter and Bruce Carter!!!!

I agree which is why I am glad these guys will battle it out in camp and pre season. I like seeing guys compete for the job and while Jones has been penciled in at this stage it will still come down to how they perform. In the end I want the player who shows the most not the player some fan likes over another.