Video: Life without Dak, is that possible?

cern

Reaction score
I already told you why he wants a short term deal. Its all in the articles on "blogging the boys dot com" as stated. Either read it or go talk to someone willing to have a conversation with a clown. Enjoy!
I was having a conversation with a clown. trust me, one's enough.

blindzebra

Reaction score
and if he receives a career ending injury before the term of his short term deal expires, then what? the long term deals are more about protection from injury than about performance. see how easily I explained it to you without the puerile name calling. difference in men and boys.
The length of the deal has zip to do with injury concerns...it about how much is guaranteed.

Dallas could have locked him up last Sept if they had not asked for 6 years and had guaranteed money that was 20 million less than his fellow 2016 QBs got on 4 year deals.

It is common sense to think both sides will give a bit and Dak will sign for 34.5, 5 years with 115-120 mil guaranteed. He signs below Wilson, team gets an extra year, and the guaranteed money is #1 until Mahomes and the next wave gets theirs.

cern

Reaction score
The length of the deal has zip to do with injury concerns...it about how much is guaranteed.

Dallas could have locked him up last Sept if they had not asked for 6 years and had guaranteed money that was 20 million less than his fellow 2016 QBs got on 4 year deals.

It is common sense to think both sides will give a bit and Dak will sign for 34.5, 5 years with 115-120 mil guaranteed. He signs below Wilson, team gets an extra year, and the guaranteed money is #1 until Mahomes and the next wave gets theirs.
your point is well taken. I just googled Russell Wilson's deal and it was for 4 years 65 mil in signing bonuses and 105 mil guaranteed. dak should be just slightly below that.

blindzebra

Reaction score
your point is well taken. I just googled Russell Wilson's deal and it was for 4 years 65 mil in signing bonuses and 105 mil guaranteed. dak should be just slightly below that.
The team offered 33.5, for 6 years, with 90 guaranteed. 90 in guaranteed is bottom of top ten and having him at 33.5 for 6 years will leave him grossly under paid when all the next wave of deals happen. Dak and his agent are not the villains here, the team lowballed him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The bottom line in all of this is that Dak SEEMED like a kid who "gets it." By that I mean one who understands that asking for ALL the money dooms him to playing on mediocre teams for the duration of his contract, followed by all manner of derision for "underperforming" and "not earning his money" or "not living up to the salary." He seemed like someone who would do his best to stay out that circumstance. If he signs for $25 million a year he will be filthy rich for the rest of his life, assuming he doesn't do anything stupid with that $100 million he will make over the next 4 years.

As the face of the World's most visible franchise he will likely equal that salary in endorsements. If he gets this team to a Super Bowl he will be shopping his services as a pitchman using the name your price tool. Then when he is done playing some network will offer him $20 million a year to be an analyst.. again because he is (was) the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

So conservatively if he makes $25/year on the field over the next 10 years and $20 million a year in endorsements he will have made $450 million over the next 10 years. Hell even if he only makes $10/year in endorsements he still comes away with $350 million. Flip that and say he gets $40 million/year in Salary.. but the team sucks.. No advertiser is going to want to touch him after a couple of years. So he makes $160 million on the field and maybe 20-25 million total in endorsements before he becomes persona non grata with the ad folks. Playing the "short game" might cost him as much as $200 million dollars vs playing the long game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The team offered 33.5, for 6 years, with 90 guaranteed. 90 in guaranteed is bottom of top ten and having him at 33.5 for 6 years will leave him grossly under paid when all the next wave of deals happen. Dak and his agent are not the villains here, the team lowballed him.
BS! we all know that if in 4 years Dak outperforming that deal Jerry would tear ut up and redo it.. but back to the NOW hes being stubborn and overdemanding wanting it all short high pay etc etc Daks not in a shiny new deal because of his ego..he will have many bites at the apple for more money,,let him earn it..it befits dak to sign a deal like that maybe up it to 110 mil guaranteed 6yrs 34mil thats it but then maybe we can get AC and Jones signed, it frees up a tag for one of the other 2 so maybe all 3 are here..

Dalks hurting himself and the team IMHO and im not alone..

blueblood70

Reaction score
The bottom line in all of this is that Dak SEEMED like a kid who "gets it." By that I mean one who understands that asking for ALL the money dooms him to playing on mediocre teams for the duration of his contract, followed by all manner of derision for "underperforming" and "not earning his money" or "not living up to the salary." He seemed like someone who would do his best to stay out that circumstance. If he signs for $25 million a year he will be filthy rich for the rest of his life, assuming he doesn't do anything stupid with that $100 million he will make over the next 4 years.

As the face of the World's most visible franchise he will likely equal that salary in endorsements. If he gets this team to a Super Bowl he will be shopping his services as a pitchman using the name your price tool. Then when he is done playing some network will offer him $20 million a year to be an analyst.. again because he is (was) the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

So conservatively if he makes $25/year on the field over the next 10 years and $20 million a year in endorsements he will have made $450 million over the next 10 years. Hell even if he only makes $10/year in endorsements he still comes away with $350 million. Flip that and say he gets $40 million/year in Salary.. but the team sucks.. No advertiser is going to want to touch him after a couple of years. So he makes $160 million on the field and maybe 20-25 million total in endorsements before he becomes persona non grata with the ad folks. Playing the "short game" might cost him as much as $200 million dollars vs playing the long game.
true SEEMED but stubborn greed and short sightedness has crept in..

blindzebra

Reaction score
BS! we all know that if in 4 years Dak outperforming that deal Jerry would tear ut up and redo it.. but back to the NOW hes being stubborn and overdemanding wanting it all short high pay etc etc Daks not in a shiny new deal because of his ego..he will have many bites at the apple for more money,,let him earn it..it befits dak to sign a deal like that maybe up it to 110 mil guaranteed 6yrs 34mil thats it but then maybe we can get AC and Jones signed, it frees up a tag for one of the other 2 so maybe all 3 are here..

Dalks hurting himself and the team IMHO and im not alone..
Dude has played 4 years, won 40 games, 2 division titles while getting paid under 700K a season. He was making 200K more than the guys that were inactive every week and I did not see Jerry tearing that deal up. He has EARNED a contract above Goff and Wentz.

blindzebra

Reaction score

Dak is making less than 3 million in endorsements.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

The only thing I disagree with is off the field money. Very few nfl players are getting big money off the field. I don’t know where Dak ranks but I do know he isn’t on the top tier of athlete endorsements even in the nfl from what I could find. I remember some 50 million being talked about but couldn’t find any confirmed legit stuff on it

blindzebra

Reaction score
The only thing I disagree with is off the field money. Very few nfl players are getting big money off the field. I don’t know where Dak ranks but I do know he isn’t on the top tier of athlete endorsements even in the nfl from what I could find. I remember some 50 million being talked about but couldn’t find any confirmed legit stuff on it
2.7 million per ESPN.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I am sure you will go into work tomorrow and demand a pay cut for the good of the team.

Are you comparing an every day man's job to the NFL? Your average man can't demand a pay cut because we don't have the luxury. Sports players salaries are out of hand and players holding out for more is just pure greed at that point.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Are you comparing an every day man's job to the NFL? Your average man can't demand a pay cut because we don't have the luxury. Sports players salaries are out of hand and players holding out for more is just pure greed at that point.
Dak did not hold out, now did he? He has played 4 years for barely above league minimum, in fact the tender they are putting on Rush for 2.1 million is just a bit less than Dak made in his career.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The majority of Cowboy fans don’t like Dak, so why would a company hire Dak to endorse a product to gain the football fans business? With the exception of a few Cowboy fans, nobody likes him.
I was just saying in general to the person I quoted a few post ago that nfl players don’t really make endorsement money. As far as Dak I can’t really disagree because a lot of people not just “haters” on here think Dak isn’t that good.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak did not hold out, now did he? He has played 4 years for barely above league minimum, in fact the tender they are putting on Rush for 2.1 million is just a bit less than Dak made in his career.

Doesn't really address the point you were attempting to make, no does it? Whether Dak held out or not is not something I care about, it's greed either way you slice it. Dak has, at the very least, been OPEN to the idea of holding out. If someone came to you with a check of $25 million and you turn it down because it's not $40 million, it's greed. Any sane man can live a long and luxurious life with $25 million.

So please, spare me with trying to compare the every day man with athletes.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am sure you will go into work tomorrow and demand a pay cut for the good of the team.
LMAO going from 32mil to 34 mil is hardly a pay cut and stop the bs comparisons to normal people and millionaires. you miss the point but thats ok, lots of fans and media feel the same way and more each day coming to my side

you can FEEL how you want but getting 100mil guaranteed to play sport IS NOT PAY CUT..