Video: Life without Dak, is that possible?

cern

Reaction score
Come on cern. Romo couldn't do it either. No matter whose behind center you're only going to have medicore results as long as Garrett was the HC. Reid is an excellent HC. He worked one on one with Mcnabb and thus a SB appearance in '05. And again w/Mahomes.

The franchise is only going to perform on how well it's coached. And that idiotic call by Moore on 4th & goal (in Philly) in the most important play of the season & division crown on the line, decides to sit both our WR's. What other OC does that? Cowboys coaching staff has been horrendous for over a decade.
I agree on the coaching aspect. but now that we seem to have upgraded the coaching staff, it could suddenly and seriously be handicapped due to cap issues with our qb asking for the moon. it's like those cool looking domino displays that when you knock one over, all the rest come tumbling down. dak's avarice is going to hurt the team. jmo

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
the point is beyond simple. if we sign dak for what dak thinks he's worth, we will be unable to sign other valuable pieces to the puzzle. in the final analysis, which is more important. 8-8 clearly, without any doubt, shows dak cannot carry the team like mahomey does in kc. kc's last several games on the way to winning the superbowl they fell far behind, yet mahomey led them to victory. when we fell behind, dak got a lot of passing stats, yet we lost.
Mahomes' teammates didn't quit like Dak's did. Plus, Mahomes' coaches are actually very good coaches, unlike Dak's for the past 4 seasons which is why they are all gone now, except for 2-3. I guess cognitive thinking is too much to ask for before posting?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I agree on the coaching aspect. but now that we seem to have upgraded the coaching staff, it could suddenly and seriously be handicapped due to cap issues with our qb asking for the moon. it's like those cool looking domino displays that when you knock one over, all the rest come tumbling down. dak's avarice is going to hurt the team. jmo
Lol, I hear you. And your opinion matters just as anyone elses. The quarterback market continues to reset itself at nearly every turn. Dak's agent is looking at Wentz/Goff recent contracts. Goff’s extension is no different. The numbers are out of this world. Goff gets $134 million over 4 seasons with an NFL record $110 million in total guarantees.

He’ll be paid a whopping $161 million over the next six seasons. That’s also a league record. Why should the team we love, pay our quarterback any less?! Neither Goff nor Wentz are worth what they're making.

Here's to a new era, Go Cowboys! :D

cern

Reaction score
Mahomes' teammates didn't quit like Dak's did. Plus, Mahomes' coaches are actually very good coaches, unlike Dak's for the past 4 seasons which is why they are all gone now, except for 2-3. I guess cognitive thinking is too much to ask for before posting?
did dak's teammates quit, or did dak not live up to expectations. matters not to me. point is, dak is no Patrick mahomes. as for the cognitive thinking reference, wasn't that a snarky piece.:)

cern

Reaction score
Lol, I hear you. And your opinion matters just as anyone elses. The quarterback market continues to reset itself at nearly every turn. Dak's agent is looking at Wentz/Goff recent contracts. Goff’s extension is no different. The numbers are out of this world. Goff gets $134 million over 4 seasons with an NFL record $110 million in total guarantees.

He’ll be paid a whopping $161 million over the next six seasons. That’s also a league record. Why should the team we love, pay our quarterback any less?! Neither Goff nor Wentz are worth what they're making.

Here's to a new era, Go Cowboys! :D
both the rams and the eagles are having to let a lot of players go as a result of having overpaid certain players.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Oh wait, in only 4 years since drafted, Dak took a team run by a puppet to two playoffs/winning one. An accomplishment never completed by any other Cowboys quarterback in that short period of time. You're point is?! :rolleyes:
Wait a min! Wasn't Zeke drafted at the same time. From we can review, this team wins when Zeke plays well. The one playoff win against Seattle Zeke ran wild.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
both the rams and the eagles are having to let a lot of players go as a result of having overpaid certain players.
So the business model for one or two teams applies to them all?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

With Dak.. It’s always someone else’s fault but yet we want to pay him the type of money that people that overcome obstacles should get.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
did dak's teammates quit, or did dak not live up to expectations. matters not to me. point is, dak is no Patrick mahomes. as for the cognitive thinking reference, wasn't that a snarky piece.:)
If you want Patrick Mahomes, go follow him and his team. Dak and the Cowboys are my team, and I'm sticking with them. Dak is plenty of good enough to lead and win us a Super Bowl, even our new head coach has said so several times already. The problem is if the rest of the team is? Thank goodness for this new group of proven coaches. A little confidence and support goes a long way to enjoying this upcoming season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With Dak.. It’s always someone else’s fault but yet we want to pay him the type of money that people that overcome obstacles should get.
I'm with you against paying Dak top overall pay, buy Jerry sure didn't set any good example when he paid top pay for Zeke and D-Law last year. The genie is out of the bottle. It's going to be hard to put it back in going forward.