Video: Life without Dak, is that possible?

cern

Reaction score
If you want Patrick Mahomes, go follow him and his team. Dak and the Cowboys are my team, and I'm sticking with them. Dak is plenty of good enough to lead and win us a Super Bowl, even our new head coach has said so several times already. The problem is if the rest of the team is? Thank goodness for this new group of proven coaches. A little confidence and support goes a long way to enjoying this upcoming season.
but if dak gets paid what he thinks he's worth, there will be less of a talented supporting cast to help him take us to the big dance. pies and slices of pies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm with you against paying Dak top overall pay, buy Jerry sure didn't set any good example when he paid top pay for Zeke and D-Law last year. The genie is out of the bottle. It's going to be hard to put it back in going forward.

He didn’t set a good example but the difference is those 2 were elite at what they do so you could validate it somewhat.

NickB

Reaction score
If you want Patrick Mahomes, go follow him and his team. Dak and the Cowboys are my team, and I'm sticking with them. Dak is plenty of good enough to lead and win us a Super Bowl, even our new head coach has said so several times already. The problem is if the rest of the team is? Thank goodness for this new group of proven coaches. A little confidence and support goes a long way to enjoying this upcoming season.
Hell yeah I want Mahomes but I'm a Cowboys fan so ain't changing allegiances now!!!!
I don't believe Dak is good enough to lead us to Super Bowl on his own...he won't put this team on his back and carry us when we need him and just needs too much around him to succeed which is why I am not in favor of paying him what he is asking for
His stats this year were hollow...beat up on the crap and trying to catch up will do that for your stats so that argument for me holds no water especially when he lead us to 8-8.
Now I will say that I am interested to see what McCarthy can do with Dak which is why the franchise tag is the way to go here.
Our FO gets paralyzed with these contracts and gets tunnel vision without a back up plan which is why they then cave to these players...the Chiefs had Smith and had the forethought to grab Mahomes...I just think our FO is bidding against themselves as I don't see Dak having any leverage here...let him go to another team that doesn't have the supporting cast we have and see how he does!!
This FO lucked into Dak so that is what scares with this FO...if I felt they had an alternate plan if they can't make the Dak contract happen I would feel more confident about this whole situation but bottom line I am souring on Dak with his demands because plain and simple he cannot carry this team without a very good supporting cast (see him without Zeke and see having to trade for Cooper).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
it does matter. you cited an incorrect myth. I added to your overall educational base.
Incorrect? I told the truth, you just don't want to accept it. That's your cross to bear not anyone else's. If you want to believe something to the contrary then fine.

quickccc

Reaction score
Our team existed before Prescott came around.

true but there were also the QB reminders between aikman and romo era ... quincy carter,.. ryan leaf,... anthony wright ..chad hutchison, clint stoerner,.. randall cunningham,....Drew bledsoe, ....vinny testaverde, ..drew henson ...etc. etc. ..

Imo, you dont ever take the starting QB role for granted ,,...,and that also even includes the backup role as well, ,,to which i strongly have my reservations dependng upon Cooper Rush..

just seems amazing how teams like seattle, philly, rams, ATL, etc. are finding ways to lock up their franchise cornerstone QB for years to come, but yet the Cowboys ...it's still a far gone storyteller at this point.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
dak is seeking more than double what zeke makes.
How much is Dak asking for? Provide a direct quote from him or his representation. You can't because it's just a rumor. A rumor which you have bought into hook, line, and sinker and love to pass on to others as if its gospel. So pathetic.

wrongway

Reaction score
Oh wait, in only 4 years since drafted, Dak took a team run by a puppet to two playoffs/winning one. An accomplishment never completed by any other Cowboys quarterback in that short period of time. You're point is?! :rolleyes:
What year was Aikman in when he won his first superbowl? You're way more easily impressed than I am and that's fine.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How much is Dak asking for? Provide a direct quote from him or his representation. You can't because it's just a rumor. A rumor which you have bought into hook, line, and sinker and love to pass on to others as if its gospel. So pathetic.

He already turned down more than double what Zeke makes. :rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
true but there were also the QB reminders between aikman and romo era ... quincy carter,.. ryan leaf,... anthony wright ..chad hutchison, clint stoerner,.. randall cunningham,....Drew bledsoe, ....vinny testaverde, ..drew henson ...etc. etc. ..

Imo, you dont ever take the starting QB role for granted ,,...,and that also even includes the backup role as well, ,,to which i strongly have my reservations dependng upon Cooper Rush..

just seems amazing how teams like seattle, philly, rams, ATL, etc. are finding ways to lock up their franchise cornerstone QB for years to come, but yet the Cowboys ...it's still a far gone storyteller at this point.

The Cowboys have a greedy QB right now that thinks his crap don't stink! I guess Dak thinks that the Cowboys will fold and shut down and quit the NFL if he is not getting his MONEY. However, I do get it. I mean, how in the hell can Dak live with, let's say, 33-34 million with 100 million guaranteed? The man trying to bring him down....poor bastid! I know I could never live on that kind of scratch. Dak should thank the hell out of that player that hurt Romo and gifted Dak the job. There is more to actually consider from his fans than Dak's QB play.

garyo1954

Reaction score
What year was Aikman in when he won his first superbowl? You're way more easily impressed than I am and that's fine.

I wasn't going to say that! But since you brought it up.

Roger Staubach was 10 - 0 after taking over for Craig Morton won the MVP in Super Bowl VI.

Fact: In Rogers first four years as a starter, (in a 14 game schedule) he was 37 - 14 (separated shoulder in 1972 kept him from starting any games). By the fifth year, he was 48-17.

But Qwak is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than any QB in Cowboys history! Where's that *eye roll* emoji?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Elite? How was Zeke or D-Law elite this past season?

Zeke did what was asked of him. D-Law, not so much. But, your boy was right in the mix, and if you think for a second that Dak did not contribute to last years mess, you have to be related to the dude, well, the greedy dude.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a greedy QB right now that thinks his crap don't stink! I guess Dak thinks that the Cowboys will fold and shut down and quit the NFL if he is not getting his MONEY. However, I do get it. I mean, how in the hell can Dak live with, let's say, 33-34 million with 100 million guaranteed? The man trying to bring him down....poor bastid! I know I could never live on that kind of scratch. Dak should thank the hell out of that player that hurt Romo and gifted Dak the job. There is more to actually consider from his fans than Dak's QB play.
LMAO!!!! Another Dak-hating, butthurt Romoholic whining?!?! :facepalm:

Oooh, let's not forget how Romo not once BUT TWICE took Jerry and the Cowboys to the cleaners when he demanded top overall pay...AND RECEIVED IT!!!!

:laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
LMAO!!!! Another Dak-hating, butthurt Romoholic whining?!?!

Oooh, let's not forget how Romo not once BUT TWICE took Jerry and the Cowboys to the cleaners when he demanded top overall pay!!!!

Laugh all you want, but Romo was 10 times the QB your boy is, he deserved to get paid for the beating he took with a terrible team. Dak was gifted a pretty damn good team, and fell on his freaking face, yet he wants to get paid for being the big boy that he is. lol-lol-lol-lol. Romo could probably beat out Dak right now.

garyo1954

Reaction score
LMAO!!!! Another Dak-hating, butthurt Romoholic whining?!?! :facepalm:

Oooh, let's not forget how Romo not once BUT TWICE took Jerry and the Cowboys to the cleaners when he demanded top overall pay...AND RECEIVED IT!!!!

I don't remember that. I remember the Cowboys extended Romo before his contract was up. I remember Romo's $108 Million deal "gives the Cowboys more salary-cap room, which was an issue earlier this week when the team tried to sign free agents. According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, Romo's previous cap number was $16,818,835. With a $1.5 million base salary for 2013, $5 million prorated off his $25 million signing bonus and $5,818,835 due in dead money prorated off the old deal. Only $40 million was fully guaranteed."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-romo-signs-108m-contract-with-dallas-cowboys

Maybe this article doesn't remember things properly?