Video: Life without Dak, is that possible?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Oh it’s possible! It’s just always been about the money. With the franchise tag we got Dak for 2 more years. 2 more years to see if he is that man that the FO is comfortable paying the money he wants. As it stands, the FO doesn’t think he is that man.
That is a huge assumption. Also a wrong one.
Pay him 36 now or 45 or more in two years after the next round of contracts happen. Why can't people grasp this very simple concept?

garyo1954

Reaction score
That is a huge assumption. Also a wrong one.
Pay him 36 now or 45 or more in two years after the next round of contracts happen. Why can't people grasp this very simple concept?

Because its a huge assumption.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It is amazing how these posts that speculate about Dak not being here go 15 pages long...BUT ACTUAL video of the Stephen or MM saying that Dak is not going anywhere and a deal is going to get done...gets maybe 8 comments total...

You people are extraordinary idiotic.
It’s because everyone is beating their biased agenda dead horse.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
the point is beyond simple. if we sign dak for what dak thinks he's worth, we will be unable to sign other valuable pieces to the puzzle. in the final analysis, which is more important. 8-8 clearly, without any doubt, shows dak cannot carry the team like mahomey does in kc. kc's last several games on the way to winning the superbowl they fell far behind, yet mahomey led them to victory. when we fell behind, dak got a lot of passing stats, yet we lost.

How did Dak Prescott, according to many here, step into one of the most talented offenses ever in 2016 if Tony Romo's massive contract was still on the books? Was the 2016 team, outside of Romo, not a complete team or did that team not have "valuable pieces to the puzzle"?

garyo1954

Reaction score
How did Dak Prescott, according to many here, step into one of the most talented offenses ever in 2016 if Tony Romo's massive contract was still on the books? Was the 2016 team, outside of Romo, not a complete team or did that team not have "valuable pieces to the puzzle"?

Are you for real? What kind of question is that?

Romo got hurt.
Moore got hurt.
Dak is the only QB on the roster at that point.

Yes, Romo's contract was still on the books.
Romo was released post June in 2017.

For the breakdown of his career earnings (in 2016 he earned $8.5 million in salary)......

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo-2447/cash-earnings/

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is too easy Rockport, thanks for throwing up a softball for me. No comparison between Dak's weapons last year and Brady's. Tell me who was Brady throwing to last season? Gronk? Oh no, he retired, never mind. How about Edelman, whose on the wrong side of 30, and has already had 2 offseason surgeries so far this off season. Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Mohamed Sanu . Didn't Brady lose 2 starting O-lineman in the beginning of the season? Let's talk about the Titan's , who Brady lost to in the playoffs. That's a tough, physical, football team that had a really nice season. I'd take their rb, and 2 wrs any day of the week over a lot of the teams in the league. First and foremost, I'm a Cowboy's fan first, and I'll roll with Dak and the Cowboys and hope for the best, but Dak has not proven to me he is an elite QB, stats be damned.
Stats be damned? What's your argument based on then?

Just another whinefest.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Are you for real? What kind of question is that?

Romo got hurt.
Moore got hurt.
Dak is the only QB on the roster at that point.

Yes, Romo's contract was still on the books.
Romo was released post June in 2017.

For the breakdown of his career earnings (in 2016 he earned $8.5 million in salary)......

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/tony-romo-2447/cash-earnings/

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? How did Dak Prescott inherit this amazing roster if Dallas was also paying Tony Romo max dollars in 2016? Partially his argument boils down to: if we pay Dak Prescott his money, we will not be able to put valuable pieces to the puzzle...okay...then how did we pay Romo max dollars yet put together, according to some, the most stacked roster in team history, with Romo's massive, record setting contract on the books.

cern

Reaction score
Huh? What does that have to do with anything? How did Dak Prescott inherit this amazing roster if Dallas was also paying Tony Romo max dollars in 2016? Partially his argument boils down to: if we pay Dak Prescott his money, we will not be able to put valuable pieces to the puzzle...okay...then how did we pay Romo max dollars yet put together, according to some, the most stacked roster in team history, with Romo's massive, record setting contract on the books.
Dak was on a rookie deal. Zeke was on a rookie deal. Anthony brown was cheap. Beasley was still cheap. Brice butler was cheap. La'el collins and Jonathon cooper were cheap. Gregory was cheap. Need I go on?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak was on a rookie deal. Zeke was on a rookie deal. Anthony brown was cheap. Beasley was still cheap. Brice butler was cheap. La'el collins and Jonathon cooper were cheap. Gregory was cheap. Need I go on?
This happens to every team. The key is hitting on your early round picks a few years prior, which the Cowboys have failed on for the past several years. This is why we are liable to hurt this year and next because of Marinelli and Garrett's dud picks. It's so important for McCarthy and Company to nail these next several drafts' picks. So important.