Linebacker positions named

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Healthy Overshown? He’s coming back from major knee surgery. We saw how that went with Steele and Gallup.
What does that have to do with it?

Are you saying all knee surgeries are the same and the way different people recover are the same?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Everyone is different, but Overshowns injury happened five months earlier than those of Gallup and Steele.

He should be at full strength for camp, but how would we know the difference?

It’s possible that Clark wasn’t being used to his strengths. It’s nothing to count on (although they apparently are), but it’s very possible he makes a jump in this system.

Kendricks should help in several ways.

The problem is….the LBs may be improved but we may not see it results wise because we probably have the worst DT room in the league yet they saw no real need to address it.

When asked why….the upcoming contracts of Lamb and Parsons are used as excuses and we are all supposed to just go…’oh ok Stephen, you’re great! Keep it up. Where can I buy a jersey??’

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Which LB position did he play the majority of last year?
That's not the real complaint, I think I was soft pedaling it.

He not only doesn't have the mind to know how to lead a defense, he is very limited in his COD and lateral agility. He isn't really a starter but more a special teams guy.

People think I don't watch the game I know he was at MLB but any LBer position in the modern NFL has to be not only fast in a straight line but agile and abilty to stop/start and change direction on a dime. He doesn't have it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Healthy Overshown? He’s coming back from major knee surgery. We saw how that went with Steele and Gallup.
I'm just praying that he can come back strong, been a Horns fan for many years and I spent many hours watching DO snaps, and I am telling you that
I was doing back flips when we drafted this potential stud.
Kid had bad luck and got injured, coming back strong now peeps, I'm endorsing him 110p.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We have a depleted DT group.
Have for decades, I'm talking about the current biometrics of the defensive roster that somehow suggests that we could not run a 3-4 base.
The funny thing is that Q complicated the definition of what this D was, he actually brought this defense some players that will stick in the back seven for 2nd contracts.
Qs issue was just knocking on McClays door too many times, but I'm glad he had the influence he had, and now Zim has less responsibilities to deal with.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not the real complaint, I think I was soft pedaling it.

He not only doesn't have the mind to know how to lead a defense, he is very limited in his COD and lateral agility. He isn't really a starter but more a special teams guy.

People think I don't watch the game I know he was at MLB but any LBer position in the modern NFL has to be not only fast in a straight line but agile and abilty to stop/start and change direction on a dime. He doesn't have it.
I think he will improve once he is at his natural spot. I also think it will help when he has other players around him that are better as well. The cowboys really did the LB position wrong last year and were playing with a make shift squad and a Safety playing LB. Capboy should have paid a little more to bring in Wagner.

If the LB corp is healthy this year I think they will will be improved. Now the problem will remain to see if the D line can engage and occupy in order to let the LBs do their job. And with an unproven D line and lack of depth at this part, that will be a huge question mark.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough position coming off a knee, may take a few months to gain confidence, and full reaction time. As far as Parsons, I would like to see him in various locations on passing down just keep him from getting chipped and doubled. I think he'll become frustrated at DE. I want him to have a successful season in case we need to trade him to get a QB drafted or otherwise.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So with the LBs named, we now know Zim wants Micah to be a DE to add to our pass rush. But he needs to think about stopping the run first, then make his way to the QB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All this weak side strong side stuff what the hell does this mean!!??
Typically, the strong side of the field is the side where the tight end lines up and the weak side is typically opposite of where the TE lines up.

In short, it's where the most players line up (strong side), or the least number of them line up (weak side.)

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Losing LVE and not really having a replacement on hand really hurt. Clark had to take on that role and Bell had to be more than a nickel/dime linebacker. Maybe Quinn deserves some blame for that, but I mostly blame it on the front office for not doing anything about it. It's tough to overcome season-ending injuries to two players you were counting on at a position, but it's up to the front office to do something about it and ours didn't.
Without a doubt you hit it on the head.