Linebacker positions named

shabazz

Reaction score
Damone Clark starting really speaks to the depth of this LB corps

tm1119

Reaction score
We will still be in Nickle the majority of the time with only 2 LB’s. No idea why people are buying into this 3 LB’s on the field non-sense, it’s not possible with how the modern offenses are run.

Havic

Reaction score
they have to figure something out because come playoffs hes worn down. I realize he gets doubled and tripled and held but they do need to figure out a way to utilize where hes effective yet not wear him down for the stretch run

Tbh it’s best to sit him in meaningless games

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Personally, I'd have Parsons a LB to start out the season and see if Sam Williams can play full-time DE.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
All this weak side strong side stuff what the hell does this mean!!??
Essentially the strongside linebacker lines up on the tight end side of the ball, so he's going to take on a blocker in the run game. The weakside linebacker doesn't have a tight end or offensive lineman lined up against him, so if the DTs do a good job of absorbing the inside double team, the weakside linebacker is free to flow to to the ball. That's just a basic description of the positions, though. In a base formation with one tight end, the terms simply mean that the SLB is on the tight end side (the strong side) of the formation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not sure we played much last year with 3 LB's on the field at the same time. Should be a big difference in the run game this year.
Yeah, Zimmer is not running Quinn’s defense. I would look at his defenses with the Vikings to see how we will play.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We will still be in Nickle the majority of the time with only 2 LB’s. No idea why people are buying into this 3 LB’s on the field non-sense, it’s not possible with how the modern offenses are run.
Well when the modern offense is rushing for 175+ yards, we better put a 3rd LB in the game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have faith in these guys but watch out for that defensive line. Won’t be doing you any favors on the run.
I would not be surprised with more LB injuries this year. DT's are supposed to clean things up for your LB's and they will have a lot of congestion to work through, which also negates your speed.