RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

Reaction score
Exactly right. This is a cosmetic change that addresses nothing of significance. It just gives them the "Dak was learning a new scheme" excuse when he can't play next year either.
Maybe. Maybe not.

But this is a good reason why Dak should not be extended this year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He’s turned not only the team but the organization around. The shallow will just point out the wins and losses. It’s there for all to see and I’ve said some of it many times before. You either can’t see it because you’re blinded by your hate or just ignorant.
Hes also ok with being mediocre. So he hasnt changed much

aria

Reaction score
Calling it right now...Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Bowl 2020!

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Now, lets ALL hope JG's super duper all in play book gets set in the latrines to be used as arse wipe...We want a OC who designs his OWN stinking plays.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I just hope designing, game-planning, and calling plays on Sunday is as easy as most fans who hated Linehan think. He took a rookie QB and rookie RB and won 2-3 division titles. He drove me crazy at times, but so did the Parcells regime which ALWAYS ran the ball after any inc pass on first down.

I’m no Linehan fan, but I really hope his replacement finds it as easy as many on this site think it is.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He’s turned not only the team but the organization around. The shallow will just point out the wins and losses. It’s there for all to see and I’ve said some of it many times before. You either can’t see it because you’re blinded by your hate or just ignorant.

Or you are clueless and blinded by your fanboy love. He didn't turn any organization around. I'll state what I stated yesterday. In 3 years before Wade was fired he was 13-3, 9-7 and 11-5. He won a playoff game and was in 2 Divisional Games. In 9 years Garrett has 2 playoff wins. In 2007 we had 11 Pro Bowlers and 5 All Pros. His last full year we had 9 Bro Bowlers and 5 All Pros. He got fired the next year. We already were where we are now. When we started having talent/cap issues it wasn't JG, it was Stephen/McClay who changed our system and started drafting O-line and not giving massive contracts. JG was still flittering away games where Jerry called him a "coach in training." Since then we have basically done as much as we did under Wade. What "turn around" is there? We still have had off the field issues, we still only have minimal playoff success and we still have talent. We are more stable with the cap, etc but JG has ZERO to do with that. As I said his answers Monday and what transpired today show he doesn't have anything to do with it. Get your head out of the sand, this is going to be our 4th OC under him.

GenoT

Reaction score
It was pretty obvious in the offseason that Linehan would be working without a net in 2018 when he was allowed to relace all the O-assistants with “his” guys.

Be gone, Kellen Moore!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Then if that's the case, why are some so sure we are going to be running the same O...

Because that is all they know. When we fired the oline coach we pulled in Columbo...our old offense. When we had early offensive troubles in JGs regime..we pulled in guys with similar styles. Zeke almost assures we are going with a power type offense. The issue is can we find anyone not to revamp but tweak the passing game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If you watched the all 22 films you'd also see WRs getting open and the QB not throwing them the ball, like how Amari was killing Peters but Dak rarely went to him.

The two notions are not mutually exclusive. He still ran the staple route combinations and concepts just like Coryell drew up in the 1970s. It's been outlined ad nauseum since he has been here.

An athletic receiver that has a refined route tree is going to get open regardless of the system. If a DB cannot anticipate the route because of how it is run then the DB without help is going to get toasted.

The point here is that Cooper getting open speaks to Lal's aptitude as well as Cooper's own. It speaks little to nothing of Linehan.

What Linehan did not do is adequately use player's natural ability to scheme other guys open. All the attention the Beasleys, Dezs, and Coopers drew should have allowed Linehan to exploit so that others were schemed open.

Outside of lining up Jarwin on the same side of the field as Cooper and throwing him jump balls up the seam and on flags, you never saw that.

Really what strikes me about the limitations of Linehan's gameplans is his inability in 3 years to incorporate Zeke, who was coming out one of the best receiving NCAA RB to come out in the past decade, into the passing game. He tried various things like flexing him out and the odd wheel route but it met with underwhelming production.

At the end of the day, Cooper and similarly talented/skilled receivers are going to still get open. It's the rest of the offense wehre the issue comes in.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am a little late to this thread... have been shoveling snow for the past few hours.

That said, I can't help but be encourage by the comment, "...taking their offense in a different direction". My natural cynicism kicks in, though, and whispers in my ear, "about time".

The optimist in me wants to take the comment a face value and truly belief we are in for a positive change.