RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Dak catches a lot of blame now from many around here so how would that be any different? My hope is we can get an OC who can play to Dak strength but also work on areas of Dak game to help him improve as a QB.
well we also need a real QB coach as well!!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Great news, won't change much with Dak at QB.
I agree but at least now we can see for sure. Maybe Adam was being held back by this scheme. Hopefully we get an OC people like because if we don't it will be just another scapegoat for avg qb play.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Rumblings around the building suggest that cowboys will promote kellen moore to OC...........................i kid i kid. Seriously though great start to the offseason.

Pants

Reaction score
no time to read everything yet (at work) but my goodness, there is a lot of dust in here :thumbup:

NO, YOU'RE CRYING

sniff, sniff

Doomsday101

Reaction score
well we also need a real QB coach as well!!

Most QB coaches are former QB who could not cut it as QB. I don't see any stud QB coaches out there, I see guys who are getting their feet wet in coaching but much of what is assigned to them is coming directly from the OC. Moore I think is taking an unfair beating from people who have no clue as to what Moore is or is not doing and what he has been instructed to do. Dak did a lot of lobbing to the hiring of Moore

Silverstar

Reaction score
Bye Linny! :D

giphy.gif

Section446

Reaction score
I agree but at least now we can see for sure. Maybe Adam was being held back by this scheme. Hopefully we get an OC people like because if we don't it will be just another scapegoat for avg qb play.
I would love to be wrong, I like Dak a lot for all the work he does around the community. I just haven't seen anything in his 3 years to make me think he's the guy to lead us to the promise land.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Hope no one gets juvenile on me for this, but why specifically was he so hated over everything else that was happening?

Your offense over the last 3 years has been about as good as any 3 year stretch since Aikman and Smith. Maybe a lot of Dak’s success was specifically what Linehan was doing, hiding his weaknesses. One could argue you didn’t have an NFL caliber TE this year, but as soon as you got Cooper you guys went on a tear. Garrett seemed to like him, going as far as to announce he expected him back prematurely. I’m not saying I’ve evaluated him as a great OC, but the only major faults I’ve noticed is an absence of QB scrambles when theyd be opportune, and maybe some vanilla playcalling that defenders have called out. But that doesn’t necessarily mean his offense hasn’t been working to some extent.

What if you bring in a revolutionary new guy and you can’t get anything going, the run game dies out and Prescott reverts to dink and dak? Appreciate it or not, you’ve won 32 games over the last 3 years and Linehan had a ton to do with that.

CB61

Reaction score
So who replaces him? Doug nussmeier? Anybody heard anything?