Reaction score
I guess they didn't go with my design.

lincoln38.JPG

Aikbach

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1229777 said:
I guess they didn't go with my design.

lincoln38.JPG
I think a blind man would have brailed that one into the rejection pile.

Hoods

Reaction score
Cogan;1229253 said:
I'll have to admit, I'm pretty tough to please when it comes to my Cowboys. I guess I've been spoiled through the years. When I saw videos of the new stadium concept, however, I was amazed! If you haven't checked it out yet, go to the DC.com site ASAP. This thing is one of the greatest stadiums, arenas, what have you, I've ever seen. Among its assets:
Three levels of club seating, totaling 15,000 seats, something Texas Stadium does not have.
Five decks of suites, totaling 200 basically private living rooms.
Exterior end-zone plazas, creating not only gathering space at the ends of the stadium, but also multi-use room for entertainment, sponsorship platforms and corporate tents.
The Ring of Honor ringing the seating facades, with each name back-lit for added distinction, especially during night games.
A 17,000-square foot Hall of Fame.
A 10,000-square foot Pro Shop.
Significantly-increased number of concession stands and restroom fixtures over Texas Stadium.
Ramps, stairs, escalators and elevators to transport fans to the stadium's various levels.
A number of large, wall-mounted plasma screens located on the terrace level for a continuous viewing opportunity.
An ability to continue watching the game from the main concourse level while accessing concession stands and restrooms.
Two structural steel arches spanning the entire 1,290-foot length of the stadium - the longest single-span arches in the world - frame the end-zone entry plazas.
*Info from DC.com.

Among all of the amenities, I would say the retractable roof, and the overhead scoreboard were the most impressive.
The center hung videoboard of 180 feet wide & 50 feet high will be the largest of its kind in the world. Hanging 110 feet from the field, it will span from one 20 yard line to the other, and will weigh 600 tons.....wow!

I was a little worried when I heard they were going to keep the hole in the roof. After all, if you're going to build a new stadium, why not make it muti-purpose. Of course, JJ & Co. were way ahead of me. It will have two 63,000 square foot panels that open or close in 12 minutes on a rack-and-pinion drive system that is the first of its kind.

I can't wait to travel to Dallas once the new stadium is built. Once again, the Dallas Cowboys will be in a league of their own. This stadium is truly one of a kind. :bow:

Jerry, is that you? ;)

Aikbach

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1229808 said:
I'm surprised that you didn't go with yawn.

That is your usual comeback.
I don't wish to demean you, life just isn't that serious, I just think you are boring and out of place.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;1229813 said:
I don't wish to demean you, life just isn't that serious, I just think you are boring and out of place.

Yet you reply to all my posts.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1229817 said:
Yet you reply to all my posts.
Because it riles you up and I think it is funny, you only come here to needle so i give it to you back tongue in cheek like.

Death Star

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1229636 said:
I dont feel like reading the whole article, but is there going to be a statue of Landry outside?

If not, it would be cool to name it after him.

- Mike G.

I just saw a story about the new stadium on local news, they confirmed the Landry statue will be moved to the new stadium.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;1229824 said:
Because it riles you up and I think it is funny, you only come here to needle so i give it to you back tongue in cheek like.

Rile me up?

Not at all.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Timbo2st;1229838 said:
Yea, it starts right after our Superbowl victory.
-Party, in our honor? You shouldn't have, I might have to change my mind about you after all, such a thoughtful soul.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Fans love, hate new stadium design
By SALLY CLAUNCH and ANDREA AHLES
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITERS

ARLINGTON — A computer mouse? A Space Age football? A Bose Wave radio?

Those comparisons and more have been among the reactions of fans and experts today as final designs for the new Dallas Cowboys stadium were made public.

Roger DeFrang, a Cowboys season ticket holder from Arlington, was most pleased to see the hole in the $1 billion stadium’s retractable roof, echoing the trademark of Texas Stadium in Irving.

“So many times tradition is eliminated,” he said. “But the fact that they left the hole in the roof, that’s beyond tradition.”

DeFrang called the design fan-friendly with its numerous video screens and plaza area where patrons can gather to watch the game while standing at bar tables. Those features will offer fans a suite-like experience without the suite-level price.

Though the stadium will have 80,000 permanent seats, DeFrang said he was surprised that the venue isn’t bigger. Texas Stadium seats almost 58,000; the new stadium will be expandable to 100,000 seats for other events.

Critics called the stadium design a monstrosity and decried the projected average ticket price of $98.88 that the Cowboys have cited in financing documents. They also complained about the $325 million contribution that Arlington voters committed toward the project through various taxes.

But Bruce Deramus, Chairman of Concerned Taxpayers of Arlington, a watchdog group opposed to the stadium, said the building looks like a cross between a whaling ship and a Bose Wave radio.

“A big problem with this kind of design is it becomes dated really quick,” he said.

Deramus said team owner Jerry Jones should have been more conscious of the traditional architecture that’s already in Arlington, such as Ameriquest Field.

“With the ballpark, this is a style that Arlington has committed to, and the new stadium is not that,” he said. “But of course, this isn’t about Arlington.”

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Fans love, hate new stadium design

That's a misleading headline for that article. The only "fan" quoted liked the stadium. And the only person it quoted who hated the design was the chairman of the group that didn't want the stadium.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Man I wish JJ was building it here NJ.

Might ruin the "Dallas" Cowboys but it would allow me to get season tickets and actually go to all the games.

Damnit.

superpunk

Reaction score
That thing looks awesome. It's a little space age, so it COULD look dated eventually, but I like the personality better than the box built in FedEx. Those screens are amazing.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1229838 said:
Yea, it starts right after our Superbowl victory.

Wow...you just lost right there. And your stadium is ugly. I know the Eagles fans are idiots, but I didn't think the architects would be too. You just made a fool out of yourself by showing that ugly thing. Congrats.

I feel bad though. You must be so jealous. We're a superior franchise and we will have a stadium that you could not even dream to have. Plus, our QB has a knee that works.

...I know, it's just not fair. :(

But to end on a positive note: I really can't wait for this thing to be built. It's just beautiful.