Linux users list your distro

jsb357

Reaction score
Ran SME 5.0 on a backup server for years until I needed offsite cloud services.

SME is a great platform for small business but it takes some tweaking to get it setup.

Once it's running the way you want, it's just like the bunny in the commercials.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Anyone remember BeOS I used to use it

BeOS was the Mini Cooper of OSes. It had big dreams and a lot of hype that just never really blossomed. It just couldn't take the standard desktop from Windows and didn't have the clout to take the media desktop from Apple.

That said, I did like it when I would play around with it. It just couldn't replace my Windows machine and it was never going to replace my servers (Linux) since it was a desktop OS.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
BeOS was the Mini Cooper of OSes. It had big dreams and a lot of hype that just never really blossomed. It just couldn't take the standard desktop from Windows and didn't have the clout to take the media desktop from Apple.

That said, I did like it when I would play around with it. It just couldn't replace my Windows machine and it was never going to replace my servers (Linux) since it was a desktop OS.
Indeed it had a promise as a media 64-bit platform. The developer used to work for apple if i am not mistaken.
Now the project is an open source named Haiku.