Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

Brooksey

Reaction score
Calls are made and missed, that’s the NFL. Detroit had a 35 yard run negated due to a penalty that ended up killing their drive. Had that run not been called back they probably take control of the game. It took some huge breaks for the Cowboys to win that game. If they don’t play well on Sunday, even if they win they’ll go one and done.
Calls are made and missed :rolleyes: gimme a break. The 35 yd penalty on Detroit was not disputed, they committed it. How do you call tripping on the wrong player and the wrong team with the game on the line?

The game was over.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Calls are made and missed :rolleyes: gimme a break. The 35 yd penalty on Detroit was not disputed, they committed it. How do you call tripping on the wrong player and the wrong team with the game on the line?

The game was over.
I never said they didn’t commit the penalty. :rolleyes: The point I’m making is penalties are part of the game whether they’re called correctly or not. Calling a tripping penalty on the wrong player is human error, which occurs in every NFL game. It’s very difficult to officiate NFL games with players moving as fast as they do but fans expect perfection. It’s hard to catch everything. Even with slo-mo HD it’s not always easy to catch everything. I get that some no calls and calls are inexcusable but it’s part of the game and always will be. Calls go for you and against you.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I never said they didn’t commit the penalty. :rolleyes: The point I’m making is penalties are part of the game whether they’re called correctly or not. Calling a tripping penalty on the wrong player is human error, which occurs in every NFL game. It’s very difficult to officiate NFL games with players moving as fast as they do but fans expect perfection. It’s hard to catch everything. Even with slo-mo HD it’s not always easy to catch everything. I get that some no calls and calls are inexcusable but it’s part of the game and always will be. Calls go for you and against you.
I've been watching the NFL for 40 years and never saw them call tripping on the wrong team.
Especially at home, going into the 2m warning commercial break. No replay was shown, Detroit covers.

You wonder why people complain and think things are fixed. NFL is developing a brand issue, IMO.
They opened the league up to gambling with subjective calls that are not reviewable and they're making calls with no replays going into commercial breaks.

Mistake or not it doesn't look good. That call should have been corrected!

This is not going to end good.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
I've been watching the NFL for 40 years and never saw them call tripping on the wrong team.
Especially at home, going into the 2m warning commercial break. No replay was shown, Detroit covers.

You wonder why people complain and think things are fixed. NFL is developing a brand issue, IMO.
They opened the league up to gambling with subjective calls that are not reviewable and they're making calls with no replays going into commercial breaks.

These guys have an eye on the point spread and a hand on their flag. The final 2 minutes of close games do have weird occurrences that get brushed off as incompetence or “letting both teams play” when it appears to be point spread management.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The league obviously has officiating issues. With so many cameras catching everything it’s brought more attention to missed calls. The only solution is when an obvious mistake is made like with the tripping call, NY needs to step in immediately and correct it.

Brooksey

Reaction score
These guys have an eye on the point spread and a hand on their flag. The final 2 minutes of close games do have weird occurrences that get brushed off as incompetence or “letting both teams play” when it appears to be point spread management.
I hate to think that but there's an awful lot of coincidences
They've been quick to correct plays all year...they didn't correct that call?

One of the worst calls I've ever seen

DripTooHard

Reaction score
I hate to think that but there's an awful lot of coincidences
They've been quick to correct plays all year...they didn't correct that call?

One of the worst calls I've ever seen
And give up an opportunity to screw the Cowboys by correcting the call? No way.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lions fans are embarrassing. They are very much on a similar level as eagle fans. I live in lion country and work with these pathetic fans…they still think they were cheated, even after explaining that by the ref giving Dallas the wrong number it left dallas at disadvantage, more so than Detroit…im telling you Detroit sports fans have a very low football iq…sports iq in general…
Yeah…

Except they were robbed by the refs.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The league obviously has officiating issues. With so many cameras catching everything it’s brought more attention to missed calls. The only solution is when an obvious mistake is made like with the tripping call, NY needs to step in immediately and correct it.
Yup.

Everyone saw it.

Rigged.

HanD

Reaction score
That's one hell of a wall of shame avatar ya got there. History's tyrannical despots.
I put that up when I had some mods warn me and wouldn't give any explanation except I should know better. Know what better? I'm happy to abide by rules but at least explain what I did.

I had forgotten it was there.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I put that up when I had some mods warn me and wouldn't give any explanation except I should know better. Know what better? I'm happy to abide by rules but at least explain what I did.

I had forgotten it was there.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you can work it out with them.