Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I can't help but think Decker was barely audible, mumbling "report", rather than making himself clear to Allen. Also, I didn't read anything stating that he made the physical gesture, which I understand is required when reporting.
Well, as I've stated elsewhere (or here), that was the ruse of Detroit to confuse the defense by less demonstratively reporting Decker and making 70 do what does usually minus the verbal report, according to him. The crux of what I'm finding is that according to the NFL's own video on reporting they created after this is that you have to give a physical sign AND verbal notification to report. Decker does both. 70 does the physical sign and says he didn't say anything. If true, by the NFL's own guidance they didn't properly report 70 and the ref should have clarified who was reporting, especially if he thought they were trying to run a game.

The other interesting thing is when the ref Allen was questioned by Calvin Watkins, he asked Allen a direct question, and named Decker, about what he and Sewell were saying to him before Allen went to the defense. Allen doesn't answer at all and just pivots to saying that's when 70 reported. Sorry, but when you see that, that is highly suspect. Say what you will about the Dez no catch but Steratore was crystal clear about why they called what they called and didn't avoid anything from what I remember. Would this concern you? I wonder if this is why the NFL made the "it's not us, it's you" video because this is a bad look.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
We won’t hear it if it makes the official and NFL look bad.

The league has gone to every effort to defend the call. Meanwhile they took disciplinary action on the officials.
Well the official has already made himself look bad. If you see the link I posted to Runny above, Allen avoided a direct question about what Decker said to him when Decker says he reported. This is why I wonder if the video made afterwards was a PR move because the ref certainly wasn't very forthcoming.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well the official has already made himself look bad. If you see the link I posted to Runny above, Allen avoided a direct question about what Decker said to him when Decker says he reported. This is why I wonder if the video made afterwards was a PR move because the ref certainly wasn't very forthcoming.
I don't see why Allen would ignore the two guys in front of him and say #70 reported. Looking at the video, #68 doesn't appear to me to make the necessary gesture, but rather, just momentarily places his hand on his stomach. We have no way of knowing how loudly he spoke the word "report", which also seems like less than what one would normally say when reporting.

#70 says he didn't say "a ******* word", which is probably true, but he was trotting toward Allen with his hands in a seeming position with intent to gesture, the same posture he probably used every time he did report. This, we know, was an attempt to fool the Cowboys, so it's understandable that it fooled the ref as well.

Whether the Lions players technically did the bare minimum required or not, it was their intent to deceive, and in this case, the deception was clearly outside the spirit of the rule, which is designed specifically to avoid confusing the defense and giving the offense an unfair advantage.

Lions' are 100% at fault, IMO.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good stuff on the Nate Newton podcast on this. Nate Newton has a hilarious impression of Dan Campbell. Said thank God an ex-cowboy is coaching the Detroit Lions. Someone stupid enough to make the same mistakes this team has made in recent decades when it loses. First dumb mistake was trying to get away with that to begin with, and then of course the final dumb mistakes were going for it again three times. I was also listening to Micah Parsons podcast and it cracked me up. Parsons was genuinely shocked that Campbell went for it a third time. Said: “I gave that to you when I jumped off sides bro!” and he didn’t know what to say when he went for it again. Just shaking his head. LOL

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't see why Allen would ignore the two guys in front of him and say #70 reported. Looking at the video, #68 doesn't appear to me to make the necessary gesture, but rather, just momentarily places his hand on his stomach. We have no way of knowing how loudly he spoke the word "report", which also seems like less than what one would normally say when reporting.

#70 says he didn't say "a ******* word", which is probably true, but he was trotting toward Allen with his hands in a seeming position with intent to gesture, the same posture he probably used every time he did report. This, we know, was an attempt to fool the Cowboys, so it's understandable that it fooled the ref as well.

Whether the Lions players technically did the bare minimum required or not, it was their intent to deceive, and in this case, the deception was clearly outside the spirit of the rule, which is designed specifically to avoid confusing the defense and giving the offense an unfair advantage.

Lions' are 100% at fault, IMO.
The only one with the answer to that audible question is Allen and he avoided the question about what was even said entirely. Doesn't appear protocol was followed by both the refs and Lions. The Lions were sloppy with their ruse (I would have run 70 out there late with no gesture hoping that would fool them - especially since you planned on 68 being announced anyway) and the ref didn't get both reporting requirements except from 68, albeit subdued physically, yet didn't clarify who, what, where if he was unclear, then avoided a question about it afterwards. They're both at fault from where I sit. Mostly the Lions, yes, because they created the situation, but the NFL's post-event video shows the refs probably didn't even follow their own protocol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They expected that the ref could hear it, but Campbell also said he didn't hear the ref announcement, over an amplified system to the whole stadium, because the crowd was too loud.......... :lmao:
Speaking of the crowd being loud.
Anyone notice this season, no one on here, that I seen complaining about the crowd not being loud, being a wine and cheese crowd.
No opposing fans have taken over the stadium either.

Also, I wonder how many Dallas fans will be at the Washington game. Can it be as high as 60%?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did you see the tripping call with 2:05 left? We come out of the 2 minute break, Dak is standing on the 50, 1st and 25 instead of 1st and 10 from the 15? No replay of the 15 yard tripping call?

The game was over. Without that ridiculous call and the Lamb fumble at 1 yard line, they are blown out 34-13. There is no 2 point conversion to talk about
Calls are made and missed, that’s the NFL. Detroit had a 35 yard run negated due to a penalty that ended up killing their drive. Had that run not been called back they probably take control of the game. It took some huge breaks for the Cowboys to win that game. If they don’t play well on Sunday, even if they win they’ll go one and done.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone notice this season, no one on here, that I seen complaining about the crowd not being loud, being a wine and cheese crowd.

Also, I wonder how many Dallas fans will be at the Washington game. Can it be as high as 60%?
Good question. We havent heard much about the crowd this year.

Probably a couple factors if indeed seasons ticket holders are still brokering out their tickets which I’m sure the ones who have been still are for monetary reasons . Some sell a game or two a year just to pay for PSL rights to afford season tickets .

First of all with the blow out wins for most home games any opposing fans wouldn’t have had much to cheer about. Also the teams we’ve had at home factor in as well .

NY and Wash down years so those fans prob didn’t travel nor those who have migrated here chose not to attend . Jets and Pats also down so prob same scenario. Sea and Det prob not as big of following traveling but I saw many in the stands .

Most importantly with Dallas fielding a better tan and playing at him so well more of the brokered seats are prob being bought up by Cowboy fans.

But the sound from Detroit game sounded similar to playoff crowd with noise almost deafening with fewer opposing fans .

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Imagine if they lose their first game of the playoffs....they'll go back to that one play, that one illegal play as the reason they lost because of the seeding. I honestly hope we play them again. I actually think Dallas blows them out.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

True, been great home crowds this season. There will be a lot of Cowboys fans there for sure and whatever Wash fans are there will probably be cheering for us also. While the players and coaches may want to win, the fans don't want a win to cost them draft position, they're second right now a win could drop them to 5 or 6 depending on other results.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Lions fans are embarrassing. They are very much on a similar level as eagle fans. I live in lion country and work with these pathetic fans…they still think they were cheated, even after explaining that by the ref giving Dallas the wrong number it left dallas at disadvantage, more so than Detroit…im telling you Detroit sports fans have a very low football iq…sports iq in general…

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
stoplionsfromcrying.jpg