Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One of my good friends has season tickets on the 25 yard line4th row and heard the official announce #70. On that end of the field.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Our odds of moving into reasonable FG range with 23 seconds left was slim at best and you know it. They weren’t going to lay down like our defense did with the game on the line. It doesn’t even feel like we won the game.
Did you see the tripping call with 2:05 left? We come out of the 2 minute break, Dak is standing on the 50, 1st and 25 instead of 1st and 10 from the 15? No replay of the 15 yard tripping call?

The game was over. Without that ridiculous call and the Lamb fumble at 1 yard line, they are blown out 34-13. There is no 2 point conversion to talk about

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Why did Detroit snap the ball after #70 was announced as eligible?
What amazed me is how non chalant they were about it after it was announced. Even Brad Sham’s call had it very clearly. He heard it in his media booth. They had a full 25 second play clock to correct it because the clock didn’t start until after the announcement when the Lions were breaking the huddle.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Did you see the tripping call with 2:05 left? We come out of the 2 minute break, Dak is standing on the 50, 1st and 25 instead of 1st and 10 from the 15? No replay of the 15 yard tripping call?

The game was over. Without that ridiculous call and the Lamb fumble at 1 yard line, they are blown out 34-13. There is no 2 point conversion to talk about
EXACTLY.

Kwyn

Reaction score
These are just memes. There are a bunch of them, some using the same exact backgrounds with pro cowboys text.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Well, he claims he said, "Report". He wouldn't lie, would he?
:laugh:
Seriously though, he probably did, but like I said, it was likely very quietly.
That is the whole point. His hand motion wasn’t normal. It is supposed to be an exaggerated up and down motion over the number, and no one has proof if Decker actually even said a word. The ref points to 70 and announced him as eligible for all to hear with a full 25 second play clock. Someone could have corrected him if they really wanted to.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That is the whole point. His hand motion wasn’t normal. It is supposed to be an exaggerated up and down motion over the number, and no one has proof if Decker actually even said a word. The ref points to 70 and announced him as eligible for all to hear with a full 25 second play clock. Someone could have corrected him if they really wanted to.
Agreed except there is one guy who has that proof. He just can’t share it.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
One of my good friends has season tickets on the 25 yard line4th row and heard the official announce #70. On that end of the field.
You can hear it on the replays. Everyone can hear it, including the Lions. But not a single one of them went to the ref to say "Hey, 70 isn't eligible, it's 58 (or whatever number)." There is video of two linemen standing by the ref, but there is no audio of anything being said. We don't know what they said or if they even said anything. If someone is reporting and it isn't announced, that's on the team reporting to correct. Since it wasn't announced of course the guy is open in the end zone, you don't cover ineligible players in pass protection. The correct call was made. The Lions and their fans can cry about it, but it's on them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I read somewhere that, that officiating crew was suspended for last week?
And were barred from participating in the playoffs.

According to the league they had already been disciplined from previous errors.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can hear it on the replays. Everyone can hear it, including the Lions. But not a single one of them went to the ref to say "Hey, 70 isn't eligible, it's 58 (or whatever number)." There is video of two linemen standing by the ref, but there is no audio of anything being said. We don't know what they said or if they even said anything. If someone is reporting and it isn't announced, that's on the team reporting to correct. Since it wasn't announced of course the guy is open in the end zone, you don't cover ineligible players in pass protection. The correct call was made. The Lions and their fans can cry about it, but it's on them.
Yes, it’s the Lions and particularly on the player to ensure the official is notified and make the right call.

That doesn’t mean that the player didn’t nor that the official may have misunderstood, etc.

If I’m Lions fans after the fact I’m questioning why our HC was so persistent in almost a dumbfounded way of frustratingly continuing to attempt the 2 point conversion instead of extending the game with kick.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yes, it’s the Lions and particularly on the player to ensure the official is notified and make the right call.

That doesn’t mean that the player didn’t nor that the official may have misunderstood, etc.

If I’m Lions fans after the fact I’m questioning why our HC was so persistent in almost a dumbfounded way of frustratingly continuing to attempt the 2 point conversion instead of extending the game with kick.
or, why he didn't take the easy 3 points earlier in the game in red zone which would have nullified this whole situation anyways.

Campbell's style is go for broke, and I have no problem with that, that's their identity. But when you continually push the envelope on being aggressive, sooner or later it's going to blow up in your face and it sure did for Detroit the other night.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
or, why he didn't take the easy 3 points earlier in the game in red zone which would have nullified this whole situation anyways.

Campbell's style is go for broke, and I have no problem with that, that's their identity. But when you continually push the envelope on being aggressive, sooner or later it's going to blow up in your face and it sure did for Detroit the other night.
Yea and I’m ok with that mentality as well. But his aggression transitioned to stubborn frustration and ultimately ignorance .

And when their fans argue that call cost them the game , it’s simply not true. They had a couple opportunities to extend the game but chose not to. Perhaps the dumbest sequence I’ve seen by a HC in such a situation.

kramskoi

Reaction score

This is the same guy who went for it on fourth down behind his OWN 30 yard line against the Packers...in a ONE score game. They didn't convert and the Packers took the short field and scored a touchdown right after. Game...over.

This man is going to cost the Lions a lot of games if he continues with this type of overt recklessness. He will get away with it for awhile because Lions fans are tipsy-giddy over being relevant again. But as this bumpy road gets longer, the fan-base might eventually be looking for a place to exit.

His latest quip about defenses and deception proves he just doesn't get it. Defenses are allowed to be deceptive within the rules of the game. What he attempted is outside the rules of the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The element of surprise was commendable initially. And their planned gadget or trickery in having multiple players eligible appeared well thought out as long as official understood or properly notified.

Now regardless whether the official got it right or not and if Detroit was robbed , that doesn’t change the fact the Lions had an opportunity to move on from it extending the game.

It’s not like this controversial call was the last or deciding play in the game. It did not end the game. The Lions had a couple opportunities to rethink their odds or element of surprise by taking the kick to extend the game. Who goes for 2 after 5 yard penalty from 8 yard like when 1 will tie. Totally absurd. I’ll just call it dumb.

And this IMO becomes the bigger story. They still had an opportunity to win the game in OT. That’s on them not the officials.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the same guy who went for it on fourth down behind his OWN 30 yard line against the Packers...in a ONE score game. They didn't convert and the Packers took the short field and scored a touchdown right after. Game...over.

This man is going to cost the Lions a lot of games if he continues with this type of overt recklessness. He will get away with it for awhile because Lions fans are tipsy-giddy over being relevant again. But as this bumpy road gets longer, the fan-base might eventually be looking for a place to exit.

His latest quip about defenses and deception proves he just doesn't get it. Defenses are allowed to be deceptive within the rules of the game. What he attempted is outside the rules of the game.
Good point. Dumb Dan might get away with his ridiculous risks with a team that hadn’t won a division in 30 years but at some point if he’s costing them opportunities to win games , especially with such importance’s as seeding in this game, his popularity could wane.

I like what he’s done in Detroit but this was dumbest sequence in three failed 2 point conversions when a kick could have extended the game.

You’d think his resilience in this situation would have solely relied on 2 points extending the game. Not giving your team after the fact the opportunity to win is dumbest decision I can recall seeing in some time.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Our odds of moving into reasonable FG range with 23 seconds left was slim at best and you know it. They weren’t going to lay down like our defense did with the game on the line. It doesn’t even feel like we won the game.
Same way our odds of getting to 12 wins was slim at best according to you. You’re just looking at it through a pessimistic lens

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Agreed except there is one guy who has that proof. He just can’t share it.
I can’t speak to the audio and what Decker said if anything at all. What I can see is that his gesture over his number is lazy and abnormal for someone declaring eligibility. Hence he probably got ignored by the ref.

Edit- I forgot to add that the gesture over the jersey and verbal communication are BOTH needed for a player to be declared eligible by the ref.