Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we would have lost, would people in Dallas have put up the "The tripping penalty was on Hutchinson" signs??
Too long. Maybe ... Tripped Up with 10-6 crossed out and 11-5 written in

DFWJC

Reaction score
I like how they assume Decker still is wide open if he’s announced as eligible.

The Lions apparently have the only fool proof TD play in NFL history.
This is main point, imo.

I do think the refs got it wrong in declaring 70 instead of 68. But if they declared 68, then 68 would've been covered.
I mean, maybe they still get the 2 by throwing it elsewhere but we'll never know. Goff missed the throw on the last attempt.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I think they should just make a rule (maybe one exists), that only one player can report the official to report eligible... not job multiple people over by the official in hopes to trick the other team.

Lions got what they deserved.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Illegal because the refs announced 70, not 68 like they wanted. Had they announced 68, it was a perfectly legal formation.
I'm not sure that true. I know it's been said a lot but I'm not sure what 58 did is legal. He was a non-eligible player lined up in the slot. He had his hand on the ground and then went in motion to line up next to 70. I think I read in the rules that an ineligible player cannot line up in a legible position and if he lined up on the LOS with his hand on the ground, how was he allowed to go in motion? Shouldn't that be a false start? The whole thing is confusing because there are soo many things wrong with what happened and the intention behind what Detroit was trying to do.

pentatwirl

Reaction score
I'm not sure that true. I know it's been said a lot but I'm not sure what 58 did is legal. He was a non-eligible player lined up in the slot. He had his hand on the ground and then went in motion to line up next to 70. I think I read in the rules that an ineligible player cannot line up in a legible position and if he lined up on the LOS with his hand on the ground, how was he allowed to go in motion? Shouldn't that be a false start? The whole thing is confusing because there are soo many things wrong with what happened and the intention behind what Detroit was trying to do.
My recollection is the WR to 58's right is technically lined up on the line of scrimmage and is the end of the line, so 58 would still be correctly ineligible even in the slot position.

Too bad they got too cute with reporting and will never know if that could have had an effect.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I like how they just assume the win. Even if the 2 points counted. There was still 23 seconds, 1 time out and the best kicker in the NFL that says he can hit from 70 yards. I like our chances to get 25-30 yards against that secondary.
it is the same as the Cowboys won the playoff game against the Packers on the overturned Dez catch. Everyone here says the Cowboys won it. You can't have it both ways.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
All bs. Campbell has already come out and indicated he was cheating to win. Case closed.
how was he cheating. Trying to confuse the defense is not cheating. He was so good at it he confused the refs. That was the problem.

HanD

Reaction score
My recollection is the WR to 58's right is technically lined up on the line of scrimmage and is the end of the line, so 58 would still be correctly ineligible even in the slot position.

Too bad they got too cute with reporting and will never know if that could have had an effect.
58 can't start in the slot and motion

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
But he shifted before the snap and got covered up by a TE from what I remember. I don't have my video with me but I think I remember that. If so, you need to have 7 players on the line with eligible receivers on either end thus making everyone inside of them ineligible including 58 at that point (they thought 68 was eligible but he wasn't).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I like how they just assume the win. Even if the 2 points counted. There was still 23 seconds, 1 time out and the best kicker in the NFL that says he can hit from 70 yards. I like our chances to get 25-30 yards against that secondary.
Our odds of moving into reasonable FG range with 23 seconds left was slim at best and you know it. They weren’t going to lay down like our defense did with the game on the line. It doesn’t even feel like we won the game.

silver

Reaction score
The thing is...championship are made of minute details. Very rarely a blowout. With undeniable exertion of will. I mean sure you HAVE to have that to make it that far...

But you actually truly believe a ref's missed or wrong call doesn't make that happen? At SOME point in the season or playoffs or championship game?

Or several times?

You actually believe it's ONLY the will of the team?

Absolutely stunningly stupid or you are just virtue signaling. Also very stupid.
What I'm saying is that just like with the "Dez Caught It" miss call, it doesn't mean they would've beaten us had the refs anounced 68 was eligible. We would've covered him with Kearse or somebody and it's not an automatic two point conversion. The same with the GB game we lost, other factors contributed such as the Murray fumble or our failing to stop Rodgers to run out the clock after the miss call. The only difference is they can do something about it in the playoffs whereas we had to wait two years to get back there (only to lose to Rodgers again).