Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of the 20 million cameras and angles they have now. Amazing no video from the opposite side of the field has surfaced yet.

The media is burying that video, to keep up their agenda against the refs. No it is not the NFL doing it. Once they get all the angles, they may release it.

:laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
i think the lions will struggle to beat the rams
Since the Rams got healthy and pulled it together, their only loss in the last 7 weeks was in OT at the Ravens....so yes, they will be a tough out.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I'm saying is that just like with the "Dez Caught It" miss call, it doesn't mean they would've beaten us had the refs anounced 68 was eligible. We would've covered him with Kearse or somebody and it's not an automatic two point conversion. The same with the GB game we lost, other factors contributed such as the Murray fumble or our failing to stop Rodgers to run out the clock after the miss call. The only difference is they can do something about it in the playoffs whereas we had to wait two years to get back there (only to lose to Rodgers again).
Okay...I agree. There is nothing guaranteed .

Fact is Detroit probably should have kicked the PAT after the failed trickery. Make Dallas beat them not the refs.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The refs were not confused. The confusion came from Detroit trying to circumvent the rules of reporting.
I believe they tried to get 3 OL in the mix. Goff throws it to the open OL. The blame the officials if the outcome was not what they got.

70 runs out to brush his jersey, to get everyones attention. 68 stood 3 feet from the official, made no real attempt to report other to claim he verbally said he was reporting.
He probably said it in a normal to lower voice.

Has anyone ever been in any loud venue, and try to understand someone 3 feet away without shouting at the top of your lungs.
They expected that the ref could hear it, but Campbell also said he didn't hear the ref announcement, over an amplified system to the whole stadium, because the crowd was too loud.......... :lmao:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is where I get confused.
From what I could see, Decker (#68) was clearly covered up by a TE or WR and was therefore ineligible even if he reported, wasn't he?

Or, is there a loophole in that rule, if you report? Meaning, if for some reason the center decided to report could he go out and catch a pass even though he's covered by at least a guard and tackle on either side of him?

You are more into the details of rules like this and I'm honestly not sure but I always thought if you were covered by another man on the LOS you were ineligible no matter what. I thought reporting was only from the standpoint of you have a jersey # that is not a number authorized to be a legal receiver and that's why you have to report, but you still have to be the end man on the LOS to be eligible to catch the ball even if you properly report.

Does that make sense?
I honestly don't know all the intracacies of formation but I know you need to have at least 7 guys "on the line." The 2 guys at either end of those 7 guys are eligible receivers. Whoever is in between the guys on the end of those 7 guys on the line are ineligible. If 68 had been declared eligible like Detroit wanted, he was one guy "on the line" on the left end, so he's eligible. The L TE on 68's end was "off the line," moved back by a yard. He is also eligible because he's outside of the 7 that have to be on the line.

So after the shift, from left to right your 7 guys were (in bold): LTackle (68) LGuard, Center, RGuard, RTackle (70), Sewell (58), the R TE lined up off the line (he's ineligible because he's in between the 7), then the Right WR who was on the right end to complete the 7th guy "on the line." If 68 was declared eligible, this is a legal formation from what I know. But with 68 not being declared, he's not eligible because he wears #68 (hence needing to report). Because #70 was declared eligible, in this formation he is now the RGuard and covered up by Sewell (now the RTackle) and the outside R WR as one of the 7, but he's an interior guy who is ineligible. The NFL says you can't report as eligible and then go and occupy an ineligible position on the line at the snap so that's what makes it an illegal formation. Wish I could be more concise, lol.

HanD

Reaction score
The op stated the lions cheated. I intend they did not. The ref who made the call was confused. Anybody not bias can see that the way it played out. 70 never brushedus his jersey.
The ref was not confused. The lions were confused about several rules they violated and were flagged for including not making sure eligible players were identified and an ineligible player in the slit then motioning in to confuse the def.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Their billboard should said.....

"Kick The XP!"
I was listening to Bill Simmons Podcast and was cracking me up because he watched the game with one of those analytics guys for the gambling sites, and his pal was freaking out with each 2 pt attempt because their odds of winning we’re going down 10-20% each time. :laugh:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The op stated the lions cheated. I intend they did not. The ref who made the call was confused. Anybody not bias can see that the way it played out. 70 never brushedus his jersey.
70 did make a chest gesture but I also think the ref was confused. 68 also made a gesture that was less demonstrative and was actually talking to the ref. 70 contends he never said anything which is what he was yelling when Campbell was talking to the refs after the play. The video that the NFL released after says that a player has to make a physical AND a verbal sign to the ref to report. 68 appeared to do both. We can't see if 70 said anything but he contends he didn't and it would make sense that the ruse was to make a physical but not verbal report and think they could get away with it. I think the ref was confused because it's usually 70 that reports and he made the more demonstrative sign despite what 68 was trying to tell him while also doing a physical sign so the ref did a shortcut assumption.

As an aside, anyone who insists that the refs are out to get us or make "weird" mistakes when it comes to us is now adamant that the refs did nothing wrong here because they want to continue to use this 'spiracy excuse in the future when this proves that refs suck for everyone. So that's why you'll get this projected "angry about a win" message when you say we caught a break from the refs messing this up. It's hilarious because it's rich watching them now defend the very people they defame after every loss claiming they're biased. The same thing happened after the Philly game when the refs picked up 3 separate flags intended for us and double penalized a Philly player that allowed us to stack the penalty yardage. It fell under the "rare and unusual occurrences" they say only happens against us.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I honestly had no dog in the fight regarding the lions franchise but now I loathe them and their fan base no different than Philly etc. Once a nice story, I now view them as whiny LOSERS. How about make a billboard stating we failed 3 times, or afraid of OT? What about “Fantom Tripping?” I like these better! :starspin:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
70 did make a chest gesture but I also think the ref was confused. 68 also made a gesture that was less demonstrative and was actually talking to the ref. 70 contends he never said anything which is what he was yelling when Campbell was talking to the refs after the play. The video that the NFL released after says that a player has to make a physical AND a verbal sign to the ref to report. 68 appeared to do both. We can't see if 70 said anything but he contends he didn't and it would make sense that the ruse was to make a physical but not verbal report and think they could get away with it. I think the ref was confused because it's usually 70 that reports and he made the more demonstrative sign despite what 68 was trying to tell him while also doing a physical sign so the ref did a shortcut assumption.

As an aside, anyone who insists that the refs are out to get us or make "weird" mistakes when it comes to us is now adamant that the refs did nothing wrong here because they want to continue to use this 'spiracy excuse in the future when this proves that refs suck for everyone. So that's why you'll get this projected "angry about a win" message when you say we caught a break from the refs messing this up. It's hilarious because it's rich watching them now defend the very people they defame after every loss claiming they're biased. The same thing happened after the Philly game when the refs picked up 3 separate flags intended for us and double penalized a Philly player that allowed us to stack the penalty yardage. It fell under the "rare and unusual occurrences" they say only happens against us.
It still happened to us and we didn’t “catch any breaks” due to the Hendershot gaffe which could be the most egregious call if seen in my life. Detroit should have never had the opportunity to begin with!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hey Lions fans...

giphy.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It still happened to us and we didn’t “catch any breaks” due to the Hendershot gaffe which could be the most egregious call if seen in my life. Detroit should have never had the opportunity to begin with!
And the refs made up for their mistake later, did they not? Lol.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly had no dog in the fight regarding the lions franchise but now I loathe them and their fan base no different than Philly etc. Once a nice story, I now view them as whiny LOSERS. How about make a billboard stating we failed 3 times, or afraid of OT? What about “Fantom Tripping?” I like these better! :starspin:
Post of the Day.

9of11

Reaction score
The curse is lifted, Jimmy's in the ROH, we will now have calls go our way...and they did on that final play....