Lions Fans Create Embarrassing Billboard

Cowboys22

Reaction score
My recollection is the WR to 58's right is technically lined up on the line of scrimmage and is the end of the line, so 58 would still be correctly ineligible even in the slot position.

Too bad they got too cute with reporting and will never know if that could have had an effect.
Yes, so why was an OL lined up on the LOS with his hand on the ground allowed to go in motion? Isnt that a false start or did he not have his hand on the ground?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why doesn't it feel like we won because the refs made the wrong call against us in the tripping call and then the correct call in the two point conversion?
If they don’t make that call the Lions win. They were left with only 1:41 and easily moved down the field uncontested for a TD, then easily converted a 2-point conversion that was negated. We were handed that game and aren’t likely to go far in the playoffs. We’re leaking oil and it’s pretty obvious.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So i watched it again. 58 lined up in the slot but didn't have his hand on the ground. He then went in motion along with the TE who covered him up. So it wasn't a false start but he did initially line up in an eligible position without being declared eligible. I thought that was against the rules.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This is their "Dez Caught It" mantra, which BTW did absolutely nothing for us. It's just an excuse for falling short on your inflated expectations.
And if Dez did catch it, that didn't end the game.

The reason we lost was because we couldn't get the ball back away from Rodgers and a young up and coming receiver named Davante Adams.

Wonder what happened to that guy

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like how they assume Decker still is wide open if he’s announced as eligible.

The Lions apparently have the only fool proof TD play in NFL history.
I agree with you that I would like to play them again in the playoffs. Divisional round would be amazing. Bet ya 100 bucks they dont try a 2 pointer the whole game.

pentatwirl

Reaction score
So i watched it again. 58 lined up in the slot but didn't have his hand on the ground. He then went in motion along with the TE who covered him up. So it wasn't a false start but he did initially line up in an eligible position without being declared eligible. I thought that was against the rules.
I was thinking of Kurt Warner's breakdown of the play. Not sure he addressed this because he mentions 58 is in an eligible position, and 58 and 68 both appeared to talk to Allen as if reporting. Kurt later says the WR to 58's right is on the line and covering up 58 giving 7 on the line... he then says everything looked good assuming "the right guys are reported eligible." Not sure if he meant 58 needed to report too.

Edit: tried to link to video at 8:34 mins but doing it on my phone.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If they don’t make that call the Lions win. They were left with only 1:41 and easily moved down the field uncontested for a TD, then easily converted a 2-point conversion that was negated. We were handed that game and aren’t likely to go far in the playoffs. We’re leaking oil and it’s pretty obvious.
Still has a point about there being a tripping call against Hendershot with turned a 2nd and short into a 1st and 25. Cowboys would have been more likely to try and run the ball to pick up the first or at least run more time off of the clock.. Can be said that the Refs handed the Lions an extra possession they would not have gotten if the Hendershot call was made correctly.

Can be said that the Lions are "leaking oil" due to Lamb fumbling the ball at the goal line or the Cowboys leaving points on the field and that the Lions can't count on other teams in the playoffs committing mistakes like that?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Illegal because the refs announced 70, not 68 like they wanted. Had they announced 68, it was a perfectly legal formation.
This is where I get confused.
From what I could see, Decker (#68) was clearly covered up by a TE or WR and was therefore ineligible even if he reported, wasn't he?

Or, is there a loophole in that rule, if you report? Meaning, if for some reason the center decided to report could he go out and catch a pass even though he's covered by at least a guard and tackle on either side of him?

You are more into the details of rules like this and I'm honestly not sure but I always thought if you were covered by another man on the LOS you were ineligible no matter what. I thought reporting was only from the standpoint of you have a jersey # that is not a number authorized to be a legal receiver and that's why you have to report, but you still have to be the end man on the LOS to be eligible to catch the ball even if you properly report.

Does that make sense?

HanD

Reaction score
But it was the correct call. So why are we talking like the lions were cheated instead of trying to cheat. It was a legit victory.

I'm not happy about throwing when we should have milked the clock but it was a win against a division champ

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how was he cheating. Trying to confuse the defense is not cheating. He was so good at it he confused the refs. That was the problem.
The refs were not confused. The confusion came from Detroit trying to circumvent the rules of reporting.
I believe they tried to get 3 OL in the mix. Goff throws it to the open OL. The blame the officials if the outcome was not what they got.

70 runs out to brush his jersey, to get everyones attention. 68 stood 3 feet from the official, made no real attempt to report other to claim he verbally said he was reporting.
He probably said it in a normal to lower voice.

Has anyone ever been in any loud venue, and try to understand someone 3 feet away without shouting at the top of your lungs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Still has a point about there being a tripping call against Hendershot with turned a 2nd and short into a 1st and 25. Cowboys would have been more likely to try and run the ball to pick up the first or at least run more time off of the clock.. Can be said that the Refs handed the Lions an extra possession they would not have gotten if the Hendershot call was made correctly.

Can be said that the Lions are "leaking oil" due to Lamb fumbling the ball at the goal line or the Cowboys leaving points on the field and that the Lions can't count on other teams in the playoffs committing mistakes like that?
The Cowboys have been leaving points on the field the past 2 games because they can’t get out of their own way. For a second straight week our defense couldn’t protect a lead with time running down and we were at home. It will catch up with us in the playoffs.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
The refs were not confused. The confusion came from Detroit trying to circumvent the rules of reporting.
I believe they tried to get 3 OL in the mix. Goff throws it to the open OL. The blame the officials if the outcome was not what they got.

70 runs out to brush his jersey, to get everyones attention. 68 stood 3 feet from the official, made no real attempt to report other to claim he verbally said he was reporting.
He probably said it in a normal to lower voice.

Has anyone ever been in any loud venue, and try to understand someone 3 feet away without shouting at the top of your lungs.
The op stated the lions cheated. I intend they did not. The ref who made the call was confused. Anybody not bias can see that the way it played out. 70 never brushedus his jersey.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The op stated the lions cheated. I intend they did not. The ref who made the call was confused. Anybody not bias can see that the way it played out. 70 never brushedus his jersey.
Go take a look as he was running to the ref, he did, as the ref was looking right at him, from about 20 feet away.
It was an attempt to fool the refs and Dallas. It did not work.
And some of our fans can't or do not want to see that.

But hey we won so we all should be mad and angry. :facepalm: