Adult Language Lions WR Amon-Ra St. Brown and Cowboys CB Jourdan Lewis trading barbs; Cowboys host Lions Week 6

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says, Dallas was gift wrapped that game by the refs. Words were said out there to the refs that nobody will know. It turned out for the better anyways because playing GB exposed that it wasn't all SFs defense to blame for Daks poor play. I hope Detroit comes into Dallas and gives them the beat down they deserve.

Okay, even if they blew the call that everyone complains about, it would've been irrelevant if they had not blown an OPI call on Dallas the previous drive. If I remember rightly, the Cowboys had gotten a first down or had gotten within a yard to where it'd have been 3rd and 1. Either way, they called us for I think a hold or an OPI that was botched. So, the Cowboys had to kick a field goal and left Detroit time for that drive. If not for that, the Cowboys probably run out the clock or score with so little time in the clock that the penalty that people focus on wouldn't have even taken place.

As for the Green Bay game, yes, Dak didn't play well, but neither did the defence. You can't just focus on one spot of the team with that performance. The defence (ironically, much like the 49ers game) couldn't stop the run. When you watch the game, Jordan Love didn't really have to do that much. He just had to hand it to Aaron Jones most of the game.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The referees called that Cowboys/Lions game correctly.
You're ref lover now? Now I've seen everything! Lol.

You think that tripping call on Hendershot was "correctly?" They blew both calls. On the reporting, the video of the rule they posted after contradicts what took place in the game if you believe Skipper. It's further suspicious that the ref avoided a direct question about the game's ending at the press conference following the game. Say what you will about refs blowing calls but I've never seen a ref blatantly ignore a clear question about a controversy like that.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_z90wx44g15w4wc4wccgcg0g0_640.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
You're ref lover now? Now I've seen everything! Lol.

You think that tripping call on Hendershot was "correctly?" They blew both calls. On the reporting, the video of the rule they posted after contradicts what took place in the game if you believe Skipper. It's further suspicious that the ref avoided a direct question about the game's ending at the press conference following the game. Say what you will about refs blowing calls but I've never seen a ref blatantly ignore a clear question about a controversy like that.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_z90wx44g15w4wc4wccgcg0g0_640.gif
You can report multiple Tackles Eligible. It was a trick play in an attempt to trick the Ref's and create another rule change in the off season.

The Ref clearly identified on speaker who the eligible Receiver was. If he identifies the wrong one, then the QB should have recognized it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You can report multiple Tackles Eligible. It was a trick play in an attempt to trick the Ref's and create another rule change in the off season.

The Ref clearly identified on speaker who the eligible Receiver was. If he identifies the wrong one, then the QB should have recognized it.
The NFL posted a video after the incident stating that a player is supposed to give a physical and verbal signal to report. The one who actually did both was not acknowledged by the ref and chose the guy who "usually" reports for the Lions who said he didn't say anything. By their own rule he needed to say something. The QB is getting the call from the sideline in his helmet so his concentration is on what play to run, not whether the ref did his job correctly. They blew the call, plain and simple. The Lions played a tricky game and caught the refs sleeping instead.

At least we know that when the game is on the line we can count on the refs to bail us out. Like they did here too:

Chasing6

Reaction score
You can not(typo correction) report multiple Tackles Eligible. It was a trick play in an attempt to trick the Ref's and create another rule change in the off season.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The NFL posted a video after the incident stating that a player is supposed to give a physical and verbal signal to report. The one who actually did both was not acknowledged by the ref and chose the guy who "usually" reports for the Lions who said he didn't say anything. By their own rule he needed to say something. The QB is getting the call from the sideline in his helmet so his concentration is on what play to run, not whether the ref did his job correctly. They blew the call, plain and simple. The Lions played a tricky game and caught the refs sleeping instead.

At least we know that when the game is on the line we can count on the refs to bail us out. Like they did here too:

3 different Tackles went to the Ref. Why would that be? Only the 1 reporting goes to the referee to report. What were the other 2 doing? Causing confusion. Intentionally.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
3 different Tackles went to the Ref. Why would that be? Only the 1 reporting goes to the referee to report. What were the other 2 doing? Causing confusion. Intentionally.
Yes, that was the rouse. But a ref has to know the rules and can't arbitrarily decide what's right or not in the moment when there are black and white rules on the books that govern that sort of thing. Then at least man up and answer the reporter's question that you messed up and not avoid it. That was very telling.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, that was the rouse. But a ref has to know the rules and can't arbitrarily decide what's right or not in the moment when there are black and white rules on the books that govern that sort of thing. Then at least man up and answer the reporter's question that you messed up and not avoid it. That was very telling.
The black and white rule is only the reporting tackle reports to the ref.

If they confused him by choice that is their fault.

They reported multiple times correctly before that.

The Ref announced the player reporting.

The End.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I cannot post the video because of the language

But if you look up

jomboy lions cowboys

That guy (who is not a Cowboy fan) breaks the video down and shows what really happened on that play

#70 literally announces he is eligible and the ref points at him.

Its sad that "jomboy" explained it better than any "pro" reporter.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Didn't a 3rd lineman get in the mix too, to further muddle it up?

They gave it the good old community college try

lol, it may have been 2 OL talking and then a 3rd one came onto the field and made a b line straight to that same ref. Lol, outsmarted themselves. My brother and law who is a Lions fan couldn’t believe it, even he said they tried getting to cute.