List a position we've upgrade so far

DanA

Reaction score
  • We’ll be better at corner with Joseph and Wright developing
  • We’ll be better at safety with Hooker healthy, Mukuamu developing (assuming we re-sign Kearse)
  • We’ll be better at LB if we replace Neale with a 1st or 2nd round pick. LVE was also improving the further the season went on and we could get more out of Cox. Interesting to see what Parsons is as a 2nd year player.
  • We’ll be better at DT with Odigi and Bohanna developing and Hill/Gallimore healthy
  • LDE should be better if Lawrence plays 70% of snaps rather than the 25% he played last year. Parsons could play more at RDE to cover the 38% of snaps Gregory played. If Quinn can get Fowler to be something close to the double digit sack guy that he has been, or Armstrong continues to develop then we aren’t weaker than 5 sack Gregory who again missed time with injury and only had 1 sack in the back half of the season.
  • We’ll be better at TE with any addition as Jarwin missed 3/4 of the season. I’m expecting a early day 3 pick making it a push IMo.
  • Biadasz and Steele should develop into better players and I’d back an early draft pick to be better than CW and his penalties.

It’s really wide reciever that I expect us to be significantly worse. Even then, Ceedee is improving and we can and have gotten more out of Gallop in past seasons than 2021.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
waiting-impatient.gif
oh, that's an easy question, we upgraded the. ah, uhm, hmmm, eh, the you know the position of, ahhh, hmmm, eh,, you know that position, the what's the name of it...ahhh

oh, nevermind

OhReally

Reaction score
I am not sure most of the teams that have been active in FA have actually upgraded.

FA seems to be a fan watch thing that they celebrate or commiserate prematurely. I remember when the Eagles were going to win it all with the Dream Team.

If I am a Broncos fan, am I jazzed about the Gregory signing or giving up all those picks and players for Wilson? Dolphins giddy about Williams? Browns fans lose Beckham, then Landry and get Cooper. Think they haven't looked at his disappearing act in OAK and DAL?

Real upgrades come from within the team. If this team is to do anything, some 2nd and 3rd years players are going to have to step up and step in.

I watched Amari in both places and both systems seem to absolutely limit his targets. I'm glad Amari's with a guy that can read defenses now and won't hold the ball till he finally dumps it off to his rb or TE.

Sydla

Reaction score
Treading water appears to be the theme of our off-season.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
oh, that's an easy question, we upgraded the. ah, uhm, hmmm, eh, the you know the position of, ahhh, hmmm, eh,, you know that position, the what's the name of it...ahhh

oh, nevermind

We upgraded cap space for future years.

There are simply too many holes they will need to fill on their roster and they only had $3 million and a single top-50 draft pick to do so with.

A combination of restructuring those deals could have created some of the room releases or trades do, but not without significantly hampering Dallas’ ability to have cap space in 2023 as Trevon Diggs, CeeDee Lamb are eligible for extensions. Or 2024 when they’ll have to make Micah Parsons the highest paid non-QB in the league.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We upgraded cap space for future years.

There are simply too many holes they will need to fill on their roster and they only had $3 million and a single top-50 draft pick to do so with.

A combination of restructuring those deals could have created some of the room releases or trades do, but not without significantly hampering Dallas’ ability to have cap space in 2023 as Trevon Diggs, CeeDee Lamb are eligible for extensions. Or 2024 when they’ll have to make Micah Parsons the highest paid non-QB in the league.
ok, assuming we sign those players, what's the big plan? is it the same as when we opened cap space to sign Lawrence? or Collins? or Zeke? I see no plan to make us better.

and in 2023 there is a expected huge jump in cap with new TV contracts, some say as much as 25%......

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let’s ask @blueblood70 since you know. The cowboys can do no wrong right? What position have we upgraded? Right now. Myself, every single analyst, and almost all fans know we are currently a worse team than we were last season. So. Where have we upgraded?
no one said that tool, you like twisting things i said let them, played the season out we can judge these moves then, only an ignorant egomaniac would judge moves and roster before the games are player. Ironic you claim they are bad moves with zero proof I say the possibility's they are better than advertised and lets go watch and revisit in 2/2023 AFTER the season. these idiotic statements of failure are moronic and negative miserable fans just lie to hear themselves whine until they cry themselves to sleep in a miserable ball of sadness, its 6months before game 1 and your little miserable fan club thinks its over before it starts..

that's the issue they've made many mistakes but mistakes cant be judged until POST SEASON not 6months before game 1..so go fly kite and hit power line. might do you some good shock therapy is used for depressed people. Might work for you..

Im very concerned and feel bad for you all miserable fans..ones who cant find any positive in say a 12-5 season 6-0 division destroyers, and yes a playoff appearance with very disappointing ending, no ones happy but we also are not living mired in negativity and despair like you...its all bad it might as well be 1-16 because that how you all see it and that truly sad, miserable existence to live. please seek help, the therapist will show you how to be disappointed but also see the positive side of things and instead of everything falling apart a view there's hope things can be better..

phildadon86

Reaction score
no one said that tool, you like twisting things i said let them, played the season out we can judge these moves then, only an ignorant egomaniac would judge moves and roster before the games are player. Ironic you claim they are bad moves with zero proof I say the possibility's they are better than advertised and lets go watch and revisit in 2/2023 AFTER the season. these idiotic statements of failure are moronic and negative miserable fans just lie to hear themselves whine until they cry themselves to sleep in a miserable ball of sadness, its 6months before game 1 and your little miserable fan club thinks its over before it starts..

that's the issue they've made many mistakes but mistakes cant be judged until POST SEASON not 6months before game 1..so go fly kite and hit power line. might do you some good shock therapy is used for depressed people. Might work for you..

Im very concerned and feel bad for you all miserable fans..ones who cant find any positive in say a 12-5 season 6-0 division destroyers, and yes a playoff appearance with very disappointing ending, no ones happy but we also are not living mired in negativity and despair like you...its all bad it might as well be 1-16 because that how you all see it and that truly sad, miserable existence to live. please seek help, the therapist will show you how to be disappointed but also see the positive side of things and instead of everything falling apart a view there's hope things can be better..
If you’re content beating up on a bad division only to fold like a cheap suit in the playoffs time and time again that’s your prerogative. Like I said you can’t tell me how to feel and I can’t tell you how to feel. I’m just sick of following a team that is literally the laughing stock of the sports world. I apologize if I’ve called you out it’s just been a bad time for me. You need to understand I also follow the maple leafs who are choke artists come the playoffs lol.
I’m making my judgements based on last seasons disgusting exit from the playoffs. You seem to be content making the playoffs. I want to win the whole thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If hes healthy and stays that way, we bettered the DE position voided by Randy. Fowler has the same numbers and is younger. I like the upside low risk there. But we badly need a bigger DE as well..Im tired of seeing our ends get washed out on run plays.

Mannix

Reaction score
I'd say its the position Cowboy fans have been in for 26 years...."bent over"

TheCritic

Reaction score
Actually, I think our WR group will end up being more productive. Obviously not an upgrade in overall talent, but let's face it, Cooper's talent was largely wasted, for whatever reason. I'm intrigued by the James Washington acquisition and look forward to the potential chemistry. Hated to lose Cedric, but there are tons of receivers out there that can fill that void.