List a position we've upgrade so far

DanA

Reaction score
That’s hanging a lot on players hopefully developing and counting on rookies.
They are more realistic opportunities for improvement than relied upon ones. I think some will happen, some won’t and then there will be other unforeseen issues. The point is that there are reasons for optimism if you want to be. The truth is we don’t know until they play the games,

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kicker. I have no idea who it's going to be but it really can't get any worse.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That’s hanging a lot on players hopefully developing and counting on rookies.

That's exactly how a well run team should be built and sustained. Some players develop and warrant a further contract whilst others are surpassed by the up and coming rookie.

jnday

Reaction score
you are the fan boy delusional poster take off the homer glasses..

most were not playing full seasons or producing compared to their contracts, it was expected, most would be gone .sorry you are blinded by the overrated homer glasses..

:facepalm::lmao2:
This is a first. I have never been accused of being a homer. In this situation the homers are the ones that approves of every move the team makes. Losing so many starters in one offseason and replacing them with garbage dumpster free agents is not progress. Keep on believing in Jerry and Stephen. They will provide another 25+ years of failures.

Ken

Reaction score
The entire team is better because we got rid of 27 penalties in Williams, Collins and Gregory.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think they are trying to not get worse. When Parsons lines up as DE then he should upgrade over Gregory. And LVE had a pretty good year. I think we signed a few other younger LB. So it’s not as important as it was. So far I think the Defense is no worse. Would be nice to get a good starter along there. Especially at DT.

Kicker should get better.

Now O-Line got worse. We lost Collins and got nothing for him. He was maybe average or slightly above. Williams being gone helped us. But now we need 2 starters. We have Steele but not sure if he is a upgrade..Looks like O-Line will be priority in draft.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We are the same team, more than less. Still have a walk-a-bout HC, a dumb OC, and obviously the clowns in the FO. We will be depending on defense to win this year, a big contrast to what we thought our bread and butter would be a couple seasons ago. We aren't done signing players to one-year deals, I'm sure. Winning the division is enough to put fans in the seats, who cares if we can't beat winning teams? To the FO, we only need to be competitive within the division, and right now, that's not hard to do. Right now...

conner01

Reaction score
I am not sure most of the teams that have been active in FA have actually upgraded.

FA seems to be a fan watch thing that they celebrate or commiserate prematurely. I remember when the Eagles were going to win it all with the Dream Team.

If I am a Broncos fan, am I jazzed about the Gregory signing or giving up all those picks and players for Wilson? Dolphins giddy about Williams? Browns fans lose Beckham, then Landry and get Cooper. Think they haven't looked at his disappearing act in OAK and DAL?

Real upgrades come from within the team. If this team is to do anything, some 2nd and 3rd years players are going to have to step up and step in.
A couple teams maybe improved
Browns have a better QB, colts also
Bengals may have improved oline
But our team had too many starter FA to really improve
It’s hard to replace several starter and improve in just FA. The draft is where we have to find improvement

Cmac

Reaction score
DE…addition by subtraction.
Lowered DLaw cap hit. Did not get stuck with Gregory. Retained Armstrong, that me be as productive at Gregory, and probably more reliable and healthy to stay on the field.

WR slightly down, as Cooper been fading the past 2 years. Wilson gone, but we get Washington.

LB, had only 2 on the roster, now at 4, and depth guys and ST’s. Need those type of player in case some do not und that.

Lost 2 OL though, but many wanted one if not both gone. But yet they want to whine the FO has done nothing.

Still a ways to go yet, give it time.
Unless the draft is good.......I can't tell if this sounds better in the fields of banking, stocks, or financing, instead of the field that is 100 yards.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless the draft is good.......I can't tell if this sounds better in the fields of banking, stocks, or financing, instead of the field that is 100 yards.

:laugh:

maybe it is an analogy. Like stock brokers, never get the real outright stocks to buy unless you pay them.
But mine service is free on off season analysis. Even if not understood.
:lmao:
Wait until my draft analysis. :muttley:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Oline. Just by the fact Connor Williams and Collins Penalties are outta here!
Now if they could just get rid of that Albatross Tyron Smith. He is a holding machine and every season he states how healthy he is and half way in he starts taking practices off because he has some ailment that he states isn't back related but we all know it is.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This reminds me of the season we got rid of TO. The receiving core was worse but Miles stepped up and replaced him for that season. Ware became the best defensive player in the game and Romo had one of his best seasons. The team was not as talented but addition by subtraction worked. I think CeeDee, Micah, and Dak are similar to Romo, Miles and Ware. So we will see. I like the fact expectations are low coming into the season. Some fool talking head picked the Commanders to win the division.

shabazz

Reaction score
That's exactly how a well run team should be built and sustained. Some players develop and warrant a further contract whilst others are surpassed by the up and coming rookie.

That used to be the conventional thinking but it seems the Rams, “buy expensive players and worry about the consequences later” way seems to be gaining ground as a model for success.

Some of the AFC teams are buying high priced players like crazy to keep up with each other

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That used to be the conventional thinking but it seems the Rams, “buy expensive players and worry about the consequences later” way seems to be gaining ground as a model for success.

Some of the AFC teams are buying high priced players like crazy to keep up with each other

But you can't go 'all-in' on a pair.

shabazz

Reaction score
But you can't go 'all-in' on a pair.

Very true ,however the Jones boys been bluffing us for the last quarter century and still rake in the pot.

I personally like the theory of team building through the draft and adding just a few big Free Agents but at this point I would settle for anything that bears fruit