List a position we've upgrade so far

jnday

Reaction score
Addition by subtraction. T. Steele will be more consistent at RT I believe. McGovern will be better at LG (strong off season). Not as many penalties. Gallup makes our offense better, spreads the D out...Fowler will be more consistant. We still have the draft and still have more FA's to build on.
Is this Jerry or Stephen? They are the only two people that is associated with the Cowboys that can put this kind of spin on the worst offseason in recent memory.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I am not sure most of the teams that have been active in FA have actually upgraded.

FA seems to be a fan watch thing that they celebrate or commiserate prematurely. I remember when the Eagles were going to win it all with the Dream Team.

If I am a Broncos fan, am I jazzed about the Gregory signing or giving up all those picks and players for Wilson? Dolphins giddy about Williams? Browns fans lose Beckham, then Landry and get Cooper. Think they haven't looked at his disappearing act in OAK and DAL?

Real upgrades come from within the team. If this team is to do anything, some 2nd and 3rd years players are going to have to step up and step in.

The Broncos got to 3 SBs and won 1 after they signed Peyton Manning. He made them an instant and perpetual contender. I'd say they're pretty stoked about Russell Wilson coming to town.

But to your point, it's correct, most FAs do not live up to their paychecks. That doesn't mean they don't make teams better than they were without them.

cowboyec

Reaction score
DE.
it looked like we were gonna release dlaw...lose gregory and maybe armstrong.
instead...we re-upped/extended/whatever dlaw...resigned armstrong and signed dante fowler who i think is a better player than gregory.
today our DE group looks better than what it could've looked like.
plus whatever the draft tide brings us.
but yeah...not releasing dlaw and adding fowler is an upgrade from last year with 90/94.

jnday

Reaction score
no one said that tool, you like twisting things i said let them, played the season out we can judge these moves then, only an ignorant egomaniac would judge moves and roster before the games are player. Ironic you claim they are bad moves with zero proof I say the possibility's they are better than advertised and lets go watch and revisit in 2/2023 AFTER the season. these idiotic statements of failure are moronic and negative miserable fans just lie to hear themselves whine until they cry themselves to sleep in a miserable ball of sadness, its 6months before game 1 and your little miserable fan club thinks its over before it starts..

that's the issue they've made many mistakes but mistakes cant be judged until POST SEASON not 6months before game 1..so go fly kite and hit power line. might do you some good shock therapy is used for depressed people. Might work for you..

Im very concerned and feel bad for you all miserable fans..ones who cant find any positive in say a 12-5 season 6-0 division destroyers, and yes a playoff appearance with very disappointing ending, no ones happy but we also are not living mired in negativity and despair like you...its all bad it might as well be 1-16 because that how you all see it and that truly sad, miserable existence to live. please seek help, the therapist will show you how to be disappointed but also see the positive side of things and instead of everything falling apart a view there's hope things can be better..
If you was capable of grasping reality, you wouldn’t be so positively delusional . Are you so determined to be positive that you are willing to overlook the worst offseason in recent memory? These stinker moves that Jerry and son have made can absolutely be judged at this point. The only move that could be considered as being positive was releasing Greg the Leg. It is entirely possible that they will decide to go cheap on a kicker and sign one that is just as bad as Greg, so it makes the kicker position the only position that can not be labeled as a downgrade because we don’t know who they will sign. Give it time and Jerry will screw the kicker position up too.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
waiting-impatient.gif
Thank god we didn't sign the loudmouth drugie with his 6 sacks! If he would have stayed here those 6 would have turned into 2 or 3 sacks since he got paid he would have turned into the classic over paid underachieving pot smok'in dude that he really is.......................

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
too tired to read all replies, but the only improvement I see is our "draft" position

ESisback

Reaction score
IMHO….

WR—Cooper had fallen out of favor for multiple reasons. 1)Teams were scheming against him better, which was inevitable. 2)Moore’s shift in playcalling, for whatever reason, left him with less targets. Less targets affected his effort. He wasn’t a demonstrative diva, but his attitude was reflected by his nonchalant play. 3)The Covid nonsense lost him favor with the FO. Cap relief and negative karma gone—his impact in 2021 was minimal, so how much did we lose? Williams replaces Wilson quite nicely, and I suspect they’ll draft someone. A slight downturn at present (possibly), but depending on who they draft, and increased effort from Gallup—we COULD end up better off.

OL—Collins hasn’t been indispensable for a couple of years, and Williams was an undersized holding machine. Expect Steele to be fine at RT, Ball and Farniok could be factors, and they’ll likely draft OL early. I predict an improved OL.

DB—If they resign Kearse, they should be fine.

DL—I expect another step forward for Gallimore, Odighizuwa, Golston, and Armstrong, and I expect they’ll draft someone. IMO, a push at worst.

LB—Picked up Fowler, who should impact more than Neal, resigned LVE and Gifford, and Cox is back from injury. I see an improved unit. If they draft someone good, even better.

JMO

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Fowler, IF HEALTHY.

Maybe. He didn't do much under Quinn before. Gregory gets more grief here for his play than he deserves. He was very disruptive for a big part of last season, to the point defenses were having trouble keeping him from consistently putting pressure on the quarterback. We can't grade the players just on sacks. Gregory got a big deal because his ability to be disruptive was clear. Fowler didn't because he wasn't as good, whether because of health or just ability.

The one thing we do know is that Fowler has a double-digit sack season in his history, so that's at least a positive.

Gaede

Reaction score
None. No upgrades. Not a single one.

We've created several holes at WR, Lg, De, S, K, P, and still need better starters at LB, DT, C.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
DE.
it looked like we were gonna release dlaw...lose gregory and maybe armstrong.
instead...we re-upped/extended/whatever dlaw...resigned armstrong and signed dante fowler who i think is a better player than gregory.
today our DE group looks better than what it could've looked like.
plus whatever the draft tide brings us.
but yeah...not releasing dlaw and adding fowler is an upgrade from last year with 90/94.

DE, for sure, we've got a more variety with Fowler allowing Micah to move to the edge if necessary and Fowler playing OLB.

I suppose that also implies that the LB corp has improved with the addition of Fowler and return of Cox.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have lost talent no doubt but what they have done is put low salaried players in position to lead this team. Gregory’s loss on paper seems big but we have Parsons who could potentially have a 20 sack season/defensive player of the year. CeeDee now becomes the unquestionably number 1 receiver. He has a chance to be an all pro receiver with possibly over 150 targets. I think Steele is a solid right tackle. We where 6-0 with him at tackle before La’el came back and he had good games against Bosa, Burns, and the Patriots defensive end. The interior of the offensive line will be upgraded in the draft. The Cowboys will go as far as Dak and Parsons takes them.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We even lost Rick delrymple or whatever his name was…..he was like the only one in the front office that didn’t look like he was from the movie the hills have eyes

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Cowboys have lost talent no doubt but what they have done is put low salaried players in position to lead this team. Gregory’s loss on paper seems big but we have Parsons who could potentially have a 20 sack season/defensive player of the year. CeeDee now becomes the unquestionably number 1 receiver. He has a chance to be an all pro receiver with possibly over 150 targets. I think Steele is a solid right tackle. We where 6-0 with him at tackle before La’el came back and he had good games against Bosa, Burns, and the Patriots defensive end. The interior of the offensive line will be upgraded in the draft. The Cowboys will go as far as Dak and Parsons takes them.

To those fans saying this is the 'same ole Cowboys' I suppose the retort is 'same ole fans'...complaining about losing names (rather the productive numbers).
Are we going to spend on elite FA's or follow the Rams model, no, but we aren't one player off being this SB chasing team.
This year, correct the CAP and build on incremental improvements on second tier FA's rather than signing 4/5 project JAG's.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you was capable of grasping reality, you wouldn’t be so positively delusional . Are you so determined to be positive that you are willing to overlook the worst offseason in recent memory? These stinker moves that Jerry and son have made can absolutely be judged at this point. The only move that could be considered as being positive was releasing Greg the Leg. It is entirely possible that they will decide to go cheap on a kicker and sign one that is just as bad as Greg, so it makes the kicker position the only position that can not be labeled as a downgrade because we don’t know who they will sign. Give it time and Jerry will screw the kicker position up too.
worst ??100% disagree wheres the proof the labels what a joke..

thats your opinion and i say its an exaggeration especially given its 6 months until game one so we have 6 months of this word "off-Season" still in play..got that yet you are delusional expecting a team to be built the first 2+ weeks of the offseason lmao..its joke clown fans who believe that how it works..if you dont get the big ticket FA names fort 2 weeks its over..lmao

Paper champion trophies will be handed out very soon..:muttley:

move on you are embarrassing yourself buying into the hype train of wining on paper with "NAMES" and the size of contracts,:laugh::rolleyes:

jnday

Reaction score
worst ??100% disagree wheres the proof the labels what a joke..

thats your opinion and i say its an exaggeration especially given its 6 months until game one so we have 6 months of this word "off-Season" still in play..got that yet you are delusional expecting a team to be built the first 2+ weeks of the offseason lmao..its joke clown fans who believe that how it works..if you dont get the big ticket FA names fort 2 weeks its over..lmao

Paper champion trophies will be handed out very soon..:muttley:

move on you are embarrassing yourself buying into the hype train of wining on paper with "NAMES" and the size of contracts,:laugh::rolleyes:
Losing 5-6 starters is not a good thing, especially when they don’t have decent replacements . You defending this mess is a strong indication that you are delusional. You let your fan-boy emotions take over instead of accepting reality.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m all for upgrading via free agency. Until the season starts and then those bums don’t deserve the money I cheered them getting.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
DE…addition by subtraction.
Lowered DLaw cap hit. Did not get stuck with Gregory. Retained Armstrong, that me be as productive at Gregory, and probably more reliable and healthy to stay on the field.

WR slightly down, as Cooper been fading the past 2 years. Wilson gone, but we get Washington.

LB, had only 2 on the roster, now at 4, and depth guys and ST’s. Need those type of player in case some do not und that.

Lost 2 OL though, but many wanted one if not both gone. But yet they want to whine the FO has done nothing.

Still a ways to go yet, give it time.
Can Alarcon or Ball crack the starting lineup?