List of Qbs who won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them that were older than Dak

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If you don’t feel like looking DE why do you keep asking me to tell you? I know what type of household you’re a product of smh. You believe in data lol. Good one Stanley. Yeah I’m incapable of being a grown groupie of another man like you I agree with you
In other words, you're afraid of book learnin.

You don't know anything about my household lmao. The stupid thing about people like you is that you think you're right about everything.

Jayinem

Reaction score
What is your plan?
You didn't ask me this question, but I have an answer. There is no plan. You have to be unafraid of the unknown. Yes there's some risk, we may miss the playoffs but is that our goal? Dak will get you to the playoffs, nothing more nothing less. You punt on him to try to find a QB that can get you more, but may get you less. It's an easy decision for me. Teams move on from the QB all the time. Cam Newton was the #1 overall pick, MVP, and lead his team to the Super Bowl, but they moved on. Admittedly Dak has not declined like Cam and others did, but Dak has not improved in the playoffs either.

Jayinem

Reaction score
That's dumb.

It's how you end up with the Aikman-Romo gap.
The average age a QB retires is 34. Dak will be 31 next season. Even if you stick with Dak he may be gone in 3 years. What is your plan then? You see regardless with Dak it's only a matter of time. You're so worried about making the playoffs that you're unwilling to move on, you're just like Jerry Jones.

Dak is not Aikman don't ever put him in the same sentence. He is Romo, and what did we accomplish with Romo? NOTHING!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The average age a QB retires is 34. Dak will be 31 next season. Even if you stick with Dak he may be gone in 3 years. What is your plan then? You see regardless with Dak it's only a matter of time.
Ok he's only going to get like a 3 or 4 year contract.

Average QB retirement age is also irrelevant, because you're not accounting for the "are they actually starters" component.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Ok he's only going to get like a 3 or 4 year contract.

Average QB retirement age is also irrelevant, because you're not accounting for the "are they actually starters" component.
Why are you so chicken that you have to give Dak that 3 more years to do what? Do you honestly believe he's going to breakthrough and win a Super Bowl despite history screaming at you it's not going to happen? You're Jerry's perfect puppet fan. You are obsessed with the Romo/Dak's dynasties except there is no dynasty. Some of us remember actual Super Bowls not some regular season garbage stats.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Why are you so chicken that you have to give Dak that 3 more years to do what? Do you honestly believe he's going to breakthrough and win a Super Bowl despite history screaming at you it's not going to happen? You're Jerry's perfect puppet fan. You are obsessed with the Romo/Dak's dynasties except there is no dynasty. Some of us remember actual Super Bowls not some regular season garbage stats.
I think he gives you a better chance to do it than "idk we'll figure it out"

If someone would have a better plan, fine, I'd listen. Your alternative is "be terrible."

Philmonroe

Reaction score
In other words, you're afraid of book learnin.

You don't know anything about my household lmao. The stupid thing about people like you is that you think you're right about everything.
I’m afraid of book learning. That’s a new one to me but hey if that makes you feel better I guess. I don’t think I’m right about everything just about Dak not being more than a Kirk Cousins level qb.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I’m afraid of book learning. That’s a new one to me but hey if that makes you feel better I guess. I don’t think I’m right about everything just about Dak not being more than a Kirk Cousins level qb.
So in other words, you don't believe in things like...fact. I don't know what Cousins-level even is. He was a top-5 QB this year, or close to it, before he got hurt.

This is why these opinions are so pointless and why context matters. Use numbers. Use fact. Use something tangible to actually make a point.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak has the worst post season win percentage minimum of 5 games in nfl history. He’s historically bad in post season. We need to cut this clown and rip the band aid off.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
over rated QB
over rated team
over rated Parsons
over rated coaches
over rated owner

the whole thing is over rated.

but everyone has been trained to focus on one player. they miss the forest because of the trees
That’s true but none of those overrateds you mentioned are counting 50 million against the cap , crippling the team from going after free agents or keeping good players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s true but none of those overrateds you mentioned are counting 50 million against the cap , crippling the team from going after free agents or keeping good players.
so are we going by averages? or by year or what? the number keeps changing. where did the 50 come from?

and doesn't matter. its the NFL market. you want to complain about QB salaries? 15 players are making 30M. 12 players make 40M. you should write to every NFL owner and the league and say stop it.

Lawrence is over rated. do you really think he was worth the money for the DE in the DE market? how about Steele? was he worth it for the money he got for the RT market?

you have to pay to play, else you have to get lucky and find one and get there on a rookie contract. other teams are able to build a team with similar QB salaries. other teams compete. why can't we? it comes down to Jerry and the team he built.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I think he gives you a better chance to do it than "idk we'll figure it out"

If someone would have a better plan, fine, I'd listen. Your alternative is "be terrible."
Except they weren't terrible the last couple years when Dak was out. They were 5-1.

Try again Stan

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Jerry kept Romo for 14 seasons (2 playoff wins like Dak) and Carrot Top for a decade, so buckle in. We're keeping Dak and McCarthy for a lot longer.
And kept the same unsuccessful GM for 28 years. A long ride it has been.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So in other words, you don't believe in things like...fact. I don't know what Cousins-level even is. He was a top-5 QB this year, or close to it, before he got hurt.

This is why these opinions are so pointless and why context matters. Use numbers. Use fact. Use something tangible to actually make a point.
Facts? If that’s what you call carefully curated numbers I guess so. Being a Dak Stan of course you don’t know what Kirk Cousins level is. If you think Cousins is a top 5 qb this year or any year you’re on that dog food.

The only you need to know is that Dak isn’t that good and gettin rid of him and taking a step back is better than the current junk we get from him most times when it matters most. You disagree shrugs.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Facts? If that’s what you call carefully curated numbers I guess so. Being a Dak Stan of course you don’t know what Kirk Cousins level is. If you think Cousins is a top 5 qb this year or any year you’re on that dog food.

The only you need to know is that Dak isn’t that good and gettin rid of him and taking a step back is better than the current junk we get from him most times when it matters most. You disagree shrugs.
So in other words you don't have any facts, or stats, or numbers, or anything. It's just "because I said so."

Kirk was top-5 in EPA+CPOE and Adj. EPA this year. I know your brain can't handle abbreviations, but it's better than just making things up.

Dak Stan is a compliment, because it means not distilling an entire body of work down to a handful of games.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So in other words you don't have any facts, or stats, or numbers, or anything. It's just "because I said so."

Kirk was top-5 in EPA+CPOE and Adj. EPA this year. I know your brain can't handle abbreviations, but it's better than just making things up.

Dak Stan is a compliment, because it means not distilling an entire body of work down to a handful of games.
You have no facts stats yourself. Being a grown groupie using out of context texts isn’t facts. Your dad should’ve taught you this when you were younger. Pretty sure he did and you just went rogue but over Dak? Sad times stan. You’re right my brain can’t handle grown men like yourself worshiping an average qb. Start a thread and see who agrees Cousins is some top level qb Zo