List of Qbs who won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them that were older than Dak

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Actually Phil Simms was 31. Dak will also be 31 by the time the next season starts. So if he doesn't win it next season, then we're talking about 3 Qbs in the history of the NFL.
Why does it matter who drafted them? It’s a more extensive list otherwise…..Plunkett and Warner for starters

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why does it matter who drafted them? It’s a more extensive list otherwise…..Plunkett and Warner for starters
Kurt Warner was 28 when he won the Super Bowl, Plunkett played for NE and SF before playing in Oakland. The point is it's unrealistic to stay with a QB from drafting him to in his 30's who's never won anything and expect anything to change. It's practically never happened except Elway and Simms. (the other two won the NFL's championship before there was a Super Bowl) and even Elway went to 3 Super Bowls before winning one, Dak hasn't sniffed one.

Nav22

Reaction score
QBs are the highest paid players, it's not even close they usually make more than the double everyone else individually. It is the most important position in all of sports. They get the majority of credit when they win except for a rare example like the 2000 Ravens winning with defense, they should also get the majority of blame when they lose. You probably are in favor of paying Dak an extension in the 50-60 million per year range while making excuses for him, it lacks all sense.,
So you give Dak the majority of credit for his 73-41 career record and for the division title this year???

Wow! Someone's a closet Dak fan.
:starspin: :starspin: :starspin:

By the way, we'd all love to have the best QB possible for our Dallas Cowboys, right?

So what's your plan to UPGRADE from Dak? Let's hear it!

Jayinem

Reaction score
So you give Dak the majority of credit for his 73-41 career record and for the division title this year???

Wow! Someone's a closet Dak fan.
:starspin: :starspin: :starspin:

By the way, we'd all love to have the best QB possible for our Dallas Cowboys, right?

So what's your plan to UPGRADE from Dak? Let's hear it!
Yes I give Dak credit for being a great regular season QB mostly when facing bad teams. He has made himself rich beyond his wildest dreams by doing just that. He will probably steal another big contract just due to regular season wins which ultimately accomplishes nothing.

Eagles went to 3 Super Bowls with 3 different coaches and QBs since we went to 1, 49ers will also have been to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different QBs if they win next week. You can't be scared of the unknown like you you just be results driven. Dak failed so we should move on. Even if it means missing the playoffs who cares what good is losing every WC and Divisional Round? You find a real QB, and disregard the Dak only fans such as yourself. You can go root for New England or wherever they trade him to. But I know better Jerry will pay him a ridiculous amount of money just to fail over and over, definition of stupidity.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He would be telling Andy Reid to not trade up for Mahomes because we just don't know for certain if he can get us to the playoffs like Alex Smith.

Dak over Dallas fans have been proven to know nothing about football, let alone the QB position.

It's a loser mentality.
Yeah the Dak over Dallas people are crazy and use the same silly logic of what’s the exact plan from top to bottom before making a move smh. That’s how the cowardly lion moves. People act like you’re saying get rid of Dak and pick up a bum from a rec league smh.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yes I give Dak credit for being a great regular season QB mostly when facing bad teams. He has made himself rich beyond his wildest dreams by doing just that. He will probably steal another big contract just due to regular season wins which ultimately accomplishes nothing.

Eagles went to 3 Super Bowls with 3 different coaches and QBs since we went to 1, 49ers will also have been to 3 different Super Bowls with 3 different QBs if they win next week. You can't be scared of the unknown like you you just be results driven. Dak failed so we should move on. Even if it means missing the playoffs who cares what good is losing every WC and Divisional Round? You find a real QB, and disregard the Dak only fans such as yourself. You can go root for New England or wherever they trade him to. But I know better Jerry will pay him a ridiculous amount of money just to fail over and over, definition of stupidity.
You're an emotional wreck.

I've been a diehard Cowboys fan since the early '90s. Stuck with this team through thick and thin, even with complete trash at QB.

So your "Dak only fan" accusation doesn't hold up one bit. Grow up.

You also didn't answer my question. Because you don't have an answer for how we upgrade, do you?

Little babies like you only know how to whine and cry about Dak... without any kind of a realistic plan for an upgrade. It's actually hilarious.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Trey Lance shows us something this offseason, or a rookie we bring in shows us something, then we can talk about moving on from Dak.

UNTIL ONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENS... Dak is our guy. Like it or not.

This isn't me stumping for Dak, this is me stating facts. Nobody gets rid of a good QB like Dak without an upgrade available.

Kansas City's handling of Alex Smith and Mahomes is brought up a lot in regards to Dak vs an unknown.... guess what? The Chiefs held onto Smith UNTIL they knew what they had in Mahomes.

Your dream of ousting Dak with ZERO PLAN for an upgrade is complete garbage, and literally wouldn't even be discussed by any NFL front office.

Go cry yourself a river now.
:thumbup:

Flamma

Reaction score
and the defense is smoke and mirrors. can't stop the run. and pass rush is spotty. zero sacks against GB in the most important game of the year. their best player gets 1 tackle and 1 assist. pathetic
This seems to happen to us every year going back to 2016. Players forget what they did all season. In previous playoff game losses, you can say the team that beat us was either just as good, or better than us. But this meltdown was epic. We did in one day what it took Philly to do in 7 weeks. The house of cards came crashing down in one fell swoop. Green Bay was way better prepared for that game. We can say yeah, Dak looked like crap as usual in the playoffs, but what about the D? What happened there? They looked like San Diego ST. playing defense. The team wasn't prepared for this game and our coach says no one saw this coming. Now we're running it back? LOL.

Blitzen

Reaction score
So you want to scatter shoot. Maybe it happens. Or is there a plan?

Clicking your heels three times and wish you were in Kansas doesn't work Dorothy. This ain't Oz

I outlined my thoughts in another thread.
This makes me think of a quote that Jerry will always say when asked if he would ever step down and hire a general manager. “If I could be guaranteed of a Super Bowl win, I would step down and hire another GM.”

Blitzen

Reaction score
No comparisons. But TD got him a SB
If Elway had never made a conference championship game or Super Bowl prior to TD, your point might have some weight. Plus-this is an obvious parallel comparison or a dig at Elway. A QB needs a great running game to succeed at the highest level-is the point you are making? Or that Elway is overrated and only after getting TD could he actually win big games?

Blitzen

Reaction score
You're an emotional wreck.

I've been a diehard Cowboys fan since the early '90s. Stuck with this team through thick and thin, even with complete trash at QB.

So your "Dak only fan" accusation doesn't hold up one bit. Grow up.

You also didn't answer my question. Because you don't have an answer for how we upgrade, do you?

Little babies like you only know how to whine and cry about Dak... without any kind of a realistic plan for an upgrade. It's actually hilarious.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Trey Lance shows us something this offseason, or a rookie we bring in shows us something, then we can talk about moving on from Dak.

UNTIL ONE OF THOSE THINGS HAPPENS... Dak is our guy. Like it or not.

This isn't me stumping for Dak, this is me stating facts. Nobody gets rid of a good QB like Dak without an upgrade available.

Kansas City's handling of Alex Smith and Mahomes is brought up a lot in regards to Dak vs an unknown.... guess what? The Chiefs held onto Smith UNTIL they knew what they had in Mahomes.

Your dream of ousting Dak with ZERO PLAN for an upgrade is complete garbage, and literally wouldn't even be discussed by any NFL front office.

Go cry yourself a river now.
:thumbup:
Draft Nix, Pennix, or McCarthy this draft. Do not extend Dak. Make serious other contract updates to fit his cap hit. Draft Oline and linebackers, and probably a running back. Develop rookie and Lance one more season. If Dak can get you NFCCG or better (while playing great), resign him to a big contract.

If not, send the goon squad ala Samuel Jackson in “Pulp Fiction” to Dak’s place after the season.

Goon: What does Jerrah Jones look like?
Dak: What?
Goon: What country are you from?
Goon: Do they speak English in what?
Goon: Say what again, say what one more time MFer! I dare you, I double dare you GD MFer!

Also, KC still did not know how a Pat would perform when the lights went on. They still took a big risk when they traded Alex. You guys act like KC knew Pat was going to perform like he did. They thought-and turned out to be correct.

Nav22

Reaction score
Draft Nix, Pennix, or McCarthy this draft. Do not extend Dak. Make serious other contract updates to fit his cap hit. Draft Oline and linebackers, and probably a running back. Develop rookie and Lance one more season. If Dak can get you NFCCG or better (while playing great), resign him to a big contract.

If not, send the goon squad ala Samuel Jackson in “Pulp Fiction” to Dak’s place after the season.

Goon: What does Jerrah Jones look like?
Goon: What country are you from?
Goon: Do they speak English in what?
Goon: Say what again, say what one more time MFer! I dare you, I double dare you GD MFer!

Also, KC still did not know how a Pat would perform when the lights went on. They still took a big risk when they traded Alex. You guys act like KC knew Pat was going to perform like he did. They thought-and turned out to be correct.
Not bad. At least you have a plan that doesn't involve ousting Dak without any sort of succession plan in place.

That's better than 95% of the whiners here who want Dak gone today.

QB purgatory is the worst place to be for an NFL team. Half the league would kill to have a QB as productive as Dak.

The Chiefs had to have had some idea that Mahomes was special when they traded Smith.

Practice and preseason is when young players audition for those roles. That's why the 49ers picked Darnold over Lance to be their QB2 and then traded Lance, despite the huge investment in Lance. Romo and Dak both looked awesome in practice/preseason before they took over as QB1.

If we draft a QB who then looks really good in camp/preseason, I'm all for the short leash on Dak. A productive QB on a rookie deal vs a productive QB eating up a ton of cap space... that's a no-brainer.

So I'm good with your plan except for 1 caveat... that rookie QB (or Lance) better show us something in camp/preseason if we're ousting a Pro Bowl QB for him.

You want the keys to the franchise? Earn it. Ball out on the scout team and in preseason the way Romo and Dak once did.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There's a 5-year window for starting QBs with the same team. History has shown that if it doesn't happen within the first 5 years, it's usually not going to happen. Dak's window expired in 2021 (I even gave him an extra year due to the ankle injury).

No way Dak should be starting his 9th season in a row here.
You're right, the Bills should let Josh Allen go. Lamar Jackson? See ya!

What a stupid thought. I don't know what the perversion is with Cowboys fans to say such dumb things in order to try to bash Dak.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yeah the Dak over Dallas people are crazy and use the same silly logic of what’s the exact plan from top to bottom before making a move smh. That’s how the cowardly lion moves. People act like you’re saying get rid of Dak and pick up a bum from a rec league smh.
Ok who are all the upgrades?

It is cowardly to speak in hypotheticals. Name names of who you think they should go after. You won't, because when you don't want to have your name on it when inevitably, you are wrong. The irony of calling people cowards who actually have an idea for a plan when you don't is laughable. You and all the mouthbreathing chuds who think the same disappear when Dak does something well, and then speak like this. You should be embarrassed.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
You're right, the Bills should let Josh Allen go. Lamar Jackson? See ya!

What a stupid thought. I don't know what the perversion is with Cowboys fans to say such dumb things in order to try to bash Dak.
You may not like it but history supports me on this one. Out of the last 30 years, the only QBs who have won Super Bowls after their 5th year starting for the same team has been John Elway and Peyton Manning (not counting players like Mahomes and Brady who won multiple but also won within their 5 years too). So if you want to put Dak in the same category as 2 all-time greats then go ahead but I wouldn't recommend it. And at least Elway and Manning took their team to the conference championship multiple times before they finally won their Super Bowl. The clock is also ticking on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson BUT at least in their defense, they have shown to be capable of taking their teams to the conference championship within the first 5 years as full-time starters. We're 8 years in with Dak and still not there...the evidence exists that Dak just isn't good enough.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You may not like it but history supports me on this one. Out of the last 30 years, the only QBs who have won Super Bowls after their 5th year starting for the same team has been John Elway and Peyton Manning. So if you want to put Dak in the same category as 2 all-time greats then go ahead but I wouldn't recommend it. And at least Elway and Manning took their team to the conference championship multiple times before they finally won their Super Bowl. The clock is also ticking on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson BUT at least in their defense, they have shown to be capable of taking their teams to the conference championship within the first 5 years as full-time starters. We're 8 years in with Dak and still not there...the evidence exists that Dak just isn't good enough.
Shhhhh. Not reading all that.

Should the Bills release Josh Allen?
Should the Ravens release Lamar?

You don't get to move the goalposts for them.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ok who are all the upgrades?

It is cowardly to speak in hypotheticals. Name names of who you think they should go after. You won't, because when you don't want to have your name on it when inevitably, you are wrong. The irony of calling people cowards who actually have an idea for a plan when you don't is laughable. You and all the mouthbreathing chuds who think the same disappear when Dak does something well, and then speak like this. You should be embarrassed.
Like I told the other coward just admit that you’re one and keep it moving. You can stop stealing my words too groupie.