Longhorns Recruiting

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
UT was smart and hired the best recruiter they could.
Charlie was a great guy and good recruiter but few Texas ties.
Herman recruited the crap outta Texas and it shows.

Lincoln will have OU humming along as a top 10 team yearly until he decides to try the NFL.
That’ll be after next season when Jerry fires Garrett. :muttley:

DFWJC

Reaction score

uvaballa

Reaction score
Should lift up the Big 12 overall as well.
Maybe the Big 12 soon gets it's first national title since 2005.
With both power programs possibly getting back to consistent prominence, they're going to break through again eventually.
Man you guys say this all the time. Big 12 isn’t relevant until they win something meaningful.:lmao:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man you guys say this all the time. Big 12 isn’t relevant until they win something meaningful.:lmao:
Lighten up.
"You guys"? I'm an ACC fan.
UNC grad, wife is FSU grad, niece is Clemson grad, parents are pals with Va Tech Beamers. ACC ties everywhere.

Although, imo, that quote did have some truth, it was a bit of playful dig....reminding that it's been a whopping 14 years since a Big 12 Nat title.
But also trying to be nice and give these guys some hope. I do live in Texas afterall.

Don't become the ACC's version of Big12 homer jterrell….who has disrespected the ACC for as long as he's posted here. :muttley:
It's ok to say something nice every once in awhile

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Lighten up.
UNC grad, wife is FSU grad, niece is Clemson grad, parents are pals with Va Tech Beamers. ACC ties everywhere.

Although, imo, that quote did have some truth, it was a bit of playful dig....reminding that it's been a whopping 14 years since a Big 12 Nat title.
But also trying to be nice and give these guys some hope. I do live in Texas afterall.

Don't become the ACC's version of Big12 homer jterrell….who has disrespected the ACC for as long as he's posted here. :muttley:
I don’t disrespect the Big12. These guys say the conference is one of the best in football and basketball despite it not winning much in either of those sports recently. I get the Texas guys being homers but us on the east coast just laugh.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don’t disrespect the Big12. These guys say the conference is one of the best in football and basketball despite it not winning much in either of those sports recently. I get the Texas guys being homers but us on the east coast just laugh.

There are no bigger homers then what you will find in the the North Atlantic or Mid Atlantic, when it comes to Sports. For all of the talk, you guys pretty much suck in Football and in Basketball, if you aren't UNC or Duke, you pretty much fill out the schedule in Basketball. I mean, lots of people can tell it like it is.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I will NEVER understand this wierd talk coming form a fan whose team hasn't won a national title.
Ole Miss fans crowing about what? Bama being good? LOLOLOL.
That makes zero sense and essentially saying "hey my team has never even played a meaningful game".

If only championships matter than only teams that won championships can talk.
Being an also-ran in a CONFERENCE that won a title literally means jack squat and is the worst type of piggy-backing nonsense I've ever seen.

If you want to champion a conference's overall stength so be it. At least other teams contribute to that.

All that being said UT has been overrated for about 18 years in a row.
The only teams that gets more overrated yearly are TAMU and Notre Dame.

But yes UT is getting better because they hired the right guy at the right time. And they kept him away from Ohio State which was the only real threat to steal him away.

Clemson is the best college football program in the country right now but it doesnt change that the ACC largely sucks at the sport. In a 14 team conference 2 teams made the final top 25 and only Clemson won a Bowl game plus finished top 25. Syracuse lost to West Virginia in dominating fashion. That's embarassingly bad football.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lighten up.

All I do is try to teach dummies about sports....
I mean I told you halfway through the season I thought the best two teams in NCAA basketball were Tech and UVA and I actually favored UVA's experience.
And I told you top to bottom the ten team Big 12 was the best conference.
The 7th and 8th place teams played for the NIT title out of 10 teams....

UNC was overrated badly and never should have been top 5.
Duke was the most talented team but was insanely raw and the draft showed that.
The bottom half of the ACC was just bad at basketball period by any standard.
In a 14 team league only a few games mattered because you only had a few top teams that played each other infrequently and then with Zion out in some of those few match ups.
20 point blow outs home and away aren't a sign of a great basletball conference.
I know it is what Kansas and the Big 12 looked like until a few years ago.
And zero people were calling the Big 12 a basketball conference then nor was anyone outside Kansas crowing about their title....

DFWJC

Reaction score
All I do is try to teach dummies about sports....
I mean I told you halfway through the season I thought the best two teams in NCAA basketball were Tech and UVA and I actually favored UVA's experience.
Well, I never argued with you about Tech or UVa, so leave me out of that rant.
I even gave you credit for spotting Tech early on

uvaballa

Reaction score
There are no bigger homers then what you will find in the the North Atlantic or Mid Atlantic, when it comes to Sports. For all of the talk, you guys pretty much suck in Football and in Basketball, if you aren't UNC or Duke, you pretty much fill out the schedule in Basketball. I mean, lots of people can tell it like it is.
LOL ACC actually wins championships in all sports. Big 12 not so much. Since the last Big12 football championship the SEC has 9 rings, ACC has 3 rings, and Big 10 has 1 ring. Since the last Big 12 basketball championship (basically one team league) the ACC has 5 rings (3 different teams), Big East has 4, SEC has 1, and AAC has 1.

I have nothing against the conference but they need to put up or shut up.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I will NEVER understand this wierd talk coming form a fan whose team hasn't won a national title.
Ole Miss fans crowing about what? Bama being good? LOLOLOL.
That makes zero sense and essentially saying "hey my team has never even played a meaningful game".

If only championships matter than only teams that won championships can talk.
Being an also-ran in a CONFERENCE that won a title literally means jack squat and is the worst type of piggy-backing nonsense I've ever seen.

If you want to champion a conference's overall stength so be it. At least other teams contribute to that.

All that being said UT has been overrated for about 18 years in a row.
The only teams that gets more overrated yearly are TAMU and Notre Dame.

But yes UT is getting better because they hired the right guy at the right time. And they kept him away from Ohio State which was the only real threat to steal him away.

Clemson is the best college football program in the country right now but it doesnt change that the ACC largely sucks at the sport. In a 14 team conference 2 teams made the final top 25 and only Clemson won a Bowl game plus finished top 25. Syracuse lost to West Virginia in dominating fashion. That's embarassingly bad football.

I mentioned football and basketball because you guys were talking how great you were based on one decent season. It's been a one team league for years. Not sure if you noticed but we just won the title so i'm talking.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I mentioned football and basketball because you guys were talking how great you were based on one decent season. It's been a one team league for years. Not sure if you noticed but we just won the title so i'm talking.
The Big 12 was a terrible basketball league for a long time.
Even with Kansas winning titles.
Big East historically was the best followed by the ACC.
Combining those 2 of course built a powerhouse.
But Syracuse, Notre Dame, Pitt, NC State have fallen way down in basketball.

Last 2 seasons the Big12 has been arguably the best, deepest, most competitive basketball conference.
That's the point I made and people got butthurt.

The ACC has been pretty awful at football for a long time even with Clemson being the best team in the country recently.
They have 1 team out of 14 in the top 20. O.N.E.
FSU and Miami have been at decades low performance levels for a while.
UNC, VaTech and Virginia haven't been good in forever.
Syracuse, a basketball school, is the 2nd most consistent football program in the league.

The Big 12 has 2 teams in the top 10 and this is likely going to be a down year as a conference. --tho the media will overrate it.
1 or 2 good teams beating up on teams outside the top 40 is not a good year for a conference unless the conference is trash.

No matter how many facts and stats are shown people revert to nonsense.
Dummies on this board patting each other on the back then looking around helplessly when results occur then right back to patting each on the back is super hilarious.

Group of 5 conferences often have 1 team in the top 20. That's where the ACC is in football and yet folks pretend that it is a good football conference....

Virginia has built a basketball powerhouse. They should be good yearly as long as they keep the coach.
Duke and UNC will be good yearly but also will be overrated yearly much like UT and TAMU in football.
Occasionally they will step up and meet the ranking but mostly, nope.
But in a 14 team conference carrying around 7+ teams who are not compeititive at all makes a lot of games unwatchable.

I just want people to be smarter fans and get past nonsensical dogma.
These regional broadcasts to mouth breathers are the worst.
You can lose 5 IQ points watching a football game in the deep south.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I’m not comparing the Big12 to the ACC. I’m saying you guys sound like total homers every year when you say they’re the best conference in football or basketball yet they don’t win anything.

I would say the same thing to guys in the PAC10 or the Big10.

With so much “talent” in Texas you’d think universities there would luck up every now and then.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL ACC actually wins championships in all sports. Big 12 not so much. Since the last Big12 football championship the SEC has 9 rings, ACC has 3 rings, and Big 10 has 1 ring. Since the last Big 12 basketball championship (basically one team league) the ACC has 5 rings (3 different teams), Big East has 4, SEC has 1, and AAC has 1.

I have nothing against the conference but they need to put up or shut up.

Really? Don't BS me, I follow the ACC. I'm a Heel's fan, which is why you can't BS me, I've watched Virginia for over 40 years in all the major college sports. Yeah, you guys play Tennis, yeah you guys play LaCross, you guys play Soccer, Rowing, things like that but in terms of major sports, you got what, one Basketball Title and one Baseball Title and that's it? You are not part of the SEC so don't claim them. Big 10 is better but when's the last time they one a Football Title or even a Basketball Title? Let me help you here, I think it was OSU in 2014 and Texas won it in 2005 (and those are the only two schools outside of the SEC who have won a football title in the NCAA since 2005), In Basketball I'm gonna say Michigan St. in like 2000 (Kansas won it in 2008)? Like I said, the ACC is Carolina, Duke and the rest and that's it. Well, I guess I would have to include Nova in there as well, since they do have some recent Basketball success but Virginia is filler in that league so don't try and tell anybody that the Big 12 sucks while you guys are worse. You had one good year, don't let it go to your head.

In my opinion, you calling out anybody is a joke. I think you need to put up or shut up.

And for the the record, the SEC is not part of the Northern or Mid Atlantic. Don't them because you aint part of them.