Look for Micah to file a grievance if Cowboys designate him a DE rather than LB

SackMaster

Reaction score
The defensive end fifth-year option is $21.32 million compared to the linebacker option of $24 million.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article286320575.html#storylink=cpy
That seems completely backwards, but if that is true, then ya, I can see Micah having an issue being designated a DE instead of a LB.

Either way, Micah will be looking for the MOST money, so my point still stands. Whichever postilion pays more, he will want to be designated as, and rightfully so.

JMHO

Chasing6

Reaction score
That seems completely backwards, but if that is true, then ya, I can see Micah having an issue being designated a DE instead of a LB.

Either way, Micah will be looking for the MOST money, so my point still stands. Whichever postilion pays more, he will want to be designated as, and rightfully so.

JMHO
If you play 85%+ of your snaps at DE, what position do you think he plays???

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Surprised to see linebacker worth more than DE. The cowboys need to test his trade market, gauge the value while working on an extension. If there's enough trade value that might be the way to go.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought he wanted to be designated an end?
Don't ends get paid more
A DE/edge rusher gets paid more than an LB. Not sure why he wants to be designated an LB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Very surprised that a franchise tag LB is higher than DE. Seems strange to me. Having said that Parsons is a DE all day long. Having said that is they report to training camp without an extension both he and his agent need to have their heads examined.

JBS

Reaction score
that's not what was posted yesterday in tweets. i know there is back and fourth on that. looking it up though it does seem like lb is indeed higher than de which seems weird since DEs make way more money aav bosa34m, garrett 25m, sweat 24.5m, crosby 23.5m, hendrickson 21m vs lbers but i guess it's all how you classify "edge" players for the calculation.
Yeah very weird! Caught most of us by surprise

CWR

Reaction score

JMHO
I think he'd be paid more in the long run as a DE. This is kind of weak by him because he's gonna argue he's a LB now and then likely want a DEs contract later.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I think he'd be paid more in the long run as a DE. This is kind of weak by him because he's gonna argue he's a LB now and then likely want a DEs contract later.
Oh, I have no doubt that if every player could "switch positions" to get a better contract, they would.

I'm just waiting for the day a team has 53 Quarterbacks on the payroll, even if 2/3rds of them never take an offensive snap.
:laugh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Parsons is a headache and will never have a higher value than he does now. Could trade him no for two firsts for 24, 25
What teams are good with moving two firsts for a guy that is a headache and will have to be paid a lot of money in just 12 months?

CWR

Reaction score
What teams are good with moving two firsts for a guy that is a headache and will have to be paid a lot of money in just 12 months?
More than a dozen teams would be in the running for him. I have no doubt. He's just that talented. He changes the defense.

Unfortunately he wears down EVERY YEAR.

Maybe that changes if we get him some guys who can stop the run.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would he file a grievance and what good will that do.

I mean Pollard was tagged and got $10 million for faking being a #1 RB.

Micah will get his money regardless if the designate him a FB.
His 5th year option is 2.5 million more of they designate him a LB as opposed to a DE

fivetwos

Reaction score
The difference is negligible.

Is there really any doubt that he is going to get the largest non QB deal ever when the time comes?

He and Dak will make about 90 million between the two of them. Maybe if they only take turns disappearing the team can stay relevant and Jerry and son will be happy.

Don’t mind me as I learn to accept that the whole winning thing isn’t going to happen for some time, if ever.

They blew their window and don’t as much as recognize that mistake.

The only real shot, absent a major change in many areas is like 3-4 consecutive 2005 type drafts. Good luck.