Look for Micah to file a grievance if Cowboys designate him a DE rather than LB

Shannon1

Reaction score
Thats what I thought as well.
Why? That's what Micah has proven he is best playing. A DE. Not a LB. All he is good at is rushing the passer. Cowboys are correct to designate him as a DE.Again
Why? That's what Micah has proven he is best playing. A DE. Not a LB. All he is good at is rushing the passer. Cowboys are correct to designate him as a DE.
Again Cowboys don’t determine his position!

Creeper

Reaction score
It is strange to me that the LB designation would get him more than the Edge designation since the highest paid LB in the league is making $20 million per year. 12 Edge/DE players are making more than that already. And when it was announced the Cowboys picked up Parsons' 5th year didn't the tweet say it would cost Dallas $2.1 million more than the LB designation? The facts seem hard to come by.

In any case, I thought the designation was based on some CBA rules based on the number of snaps at each position.

In the end, it is not going to matter because in all likelihood Dallas is going to give Micah an extension next year and none of this will matter.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why? That's what Micah has proven he is best playing. A DE. Not a LB. All he is good at is rushing the passer. Cowboys are correct to designate him as a DE.
I agree, it's what the league designates, but like I've been saying when he really really signs a deal, it's going to be DE money anyways

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Irrelevant to our replies. They are saying he'll make less if called a DE, regardless of who designates it. Why would he when DE's are worth more.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

I would say he had a legit claim if 51% of his playing time was spent at the LBer spot, BUT I believe he's going to have a little problem with his claim because game film doesn't lie and Parson's game film over his short career shows that probably 98% of his playing time has been spent on the D-Line so this ONE TRICK PONY better upgrade his POD cast equipment because he's going to spend a whole lot of time on his POD cast whiny and cry'in about his lack of pay increase that he's about to receive........LOL!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, he'll have a new podcast theme. It's a win for him. I hope his brother chimes in too.

CWR

Reaction score
Thats what we have always known, when did this change...
I dont know but it's based on a percentage of top guys I thought. There probably a couple beast LB maybe even 3-4 outside backers who got paid. I dont think it's normal.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Dallas hasn’t designated him anything I think they are letting arbitration determine where he gets slotted. Honestly if Micah was smart he’d take the DE designation for the sake of the 5th year option. Then negotiate your extension # based on the top DE’s which are paid better than LB’s. He can easily make that 3 mil up in the next contract getting paid DE $. Dallas can’t have it both ways.

jsb357

Reaction score
Micah needs a no nonsense coach and organization.

Flamma

Reaction score
It is strange to me that the LB designation would get him more than the Edge designation since the highest paid LB in the league is making $20 million per year. 12 Edge/DE players are making more than that already. And when it was announced the Cowboys picked up Parsons' 5th year didn't the tweet say it would cost Dallas $2.1 million more than the LB designation? The facts seem hard to come by.

In any case, I thought the designation was based on some CBA rules based on the number of snaps at each position.

In the end, it is not going to matter because in all likelihood Dallas is going to give Micah an extension next year and none of this will matter.
Exactly. It isn't going to matter. Besides, next year's Edge is projected to be higher than LB. This year doesn't matter.

Sydla

Reaction score
So basically, he wants to be designated a LB right now because the 5th year option for LB pays more but will negotiate his extension claiming he's a DE which tend to get paid more than LBs.

Got it. LOL.

kskboys

Reaction score

The 5th year option doesn't pay by position. Right? I was under the understanding that it paid by draft position. Dang, I'll have to research.

kskboys

Reaction score
The 5th year option doesn't pay by position. Right? I was under the understanding that it paid by draft position. Dang, I'll have to research.
Just looked it up. It's based on position, playing time, and pro bowls. New one on me!!!

Would the NFL even let a team pay on a position that the player is not playing?

kskboys

Reaction score
So the poor little idgit is crying because he has to get by on 19.6 mil instead of 20.3. If he has any self awareness whatsever, this should embarrass him.