Looks like a bad year for Will McClay

dstew60105

Reaction score
I love me some Will McClay, but this can't happen again if we're going to pay big money to multiple players.

Trysten Hill is a B-U-S-T. They need to cut bait there fast. There's no "other" side to that dude. One tackle. He sucks.

Connor McGovern has a history of injuries, and might never see the field here. He wasn't beloved at Penn State at all.

Pollard is nice.

Michael Jackson is a Chief now.

Joe Jackson is just a guy.

Donovan Wilson is a maybe.

Jalen Jelks is bye-bye in the car-car.

After years of fantastic drafts and one Taco "oops", this draft looks dry as a bone. Not good.

Dumb thread. OP must be still drunk from the weekend....

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Hey guys, McClay sucks, we dont draft 1st round talent in ever round. dood sux because i think so.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
While I understand you can't get hits on them all, if you are going to build solely through the draft you have to hit on most of them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too early to make the call on the last two drafts and what has changed since the 3 year rule in judging draft picks? The only thing that's changed are our expectations; it still takes time for lineman to develop and we get one OL to make All Pro, for the first time in 60 years, and the exception become the rule. Larry Allen needed time and he got rag dolled by Reggie White as part of his indoctrination.

That 3 year rule came into play before FA and most didn't even see the field in real games in year 1 but I think we can apply less time now except for one position, OL, other than LT. The spread offense in college was created out of necessity because of the lack of enough quality OL to go around. The reason Yosemite and Martin came in so ready was because their HC's at WIS and ND played a pro style O featuring the run. Conner Williams had to convert from OT to OG coming from the Big 12 plus bulk up to fit the position, he's definitely a 3 year evaluation. Look at La'el Collins progress since he came in and he was a 1st rounder.

The other thing we do is take year 1 as real too often as we did with Prescott and Gallup and both struggled in their 2nd year, just as we're seeing Mayfield struggle.

Hill is different, he was available in the 2nd for different reasons and that is becoming a problem.

A lot of college players can get by on their brawn but once they get to this level, their brawn is seldom that much of a difference. Now, they have to learn to use their brain and for some players that takes longer. Players like Kuechly and Lee are the exceptions.

Sydla

Reaction score
IT is amazing people sttill doe this every year.

Judge a draft less than a year in.

Bash a guy in his rookie season.

How is it possible people have not learned anythinggggggggggg

I think there is more than enough evidence at this point to at least opine that we may have made a mistake with Hill. He couldn't get active despite an opportunity at DT. He only then became active when Crawford got hurt. He logs limited minutes in games and then it turns out he may have some of those same issues off the field that he had at UCF that people were concerned with.

This thing is certainly not trending the right way.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Will IMO is over rated. I mean take the top picks away and you really have average players to below. I'll give him some love but those calling him a draft genius? Really?
Your display picture is a Mcclay pick. Funny post

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I love me some Will McClay, but this can't happen again if we're going to pay big money to multiple players.

Trysten Hill is a B-U-S-T. They need to cut bait there fast. There's no "other" side to that dude. One tackle. He sucks.

Connor McGovern has a history of injuries, and might never see the field here. He wasn't beloved at Penn State at all.

Pollard is nice.

After years of fantastic drafts and one Taco "oops", this draft looks dry as a bone. Not good.
Only a fool gives up on a draft pick Les than a year after being drafted in the 2nd round.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What? You want to cut bait on Trysten Hill after half of his rookie season?

You already know that Joe and Wilson are already wasted? Not to mention McGovern?

Wow. You are either a prophet or you are a misguided, emotional football fan. Not sure which.
Let me help you out. Dude is no prophet. lol, You hit the nail on the head with the alternative option.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score

Pollard is nice.

I wonder what scouting sees in these jags?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Pollard is nice.

Your hysteria is not a good look.

and you don’t know any of that. Purely speculative.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
So when you said "Connor McGovern has a history of injuries, and might never see the field here. He wasn't beloved at Penn State at all."...
He said he got dominated against good defensive linemen in pass protection.
...^^^^This was just spelled wrong?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
You can thank RM for Hill. We will be better when he’s no longer in the draft room.