Looks like we are the 5 seed

GORICO

Reaction score
Anything is possible of course, but There is very little chance we win the division because of the Conference records of us and Philly. Philly can lose to both SF and us and still win the division even if we both end up 14-3, because they are currently 6-0 and we are 6-3 against the conference. After our game Philly plays the Giants twice, AZ once and Seattle in a Seattle. Not saying there isn’t a chance of course but it is less likely than I was thinking before I looked at the tiebreakers. So for Dallas to win the division we really need the Eagles to lose 3 out of the last 6. The Arizona game killed us.

If both 14-3: records would be the same. Head to head would be split. Division record would be the same. the only thing I’m not sure about is the record in common games which would be the division tiebreaker before conference record but after using the “playoff simulator” it appears that would be tied or in their favor.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Division tiebreakers:
https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures
that second one is the one i looked at also....so i guess if we win next week we are in first but if we both win out we lose.....very cruel said the article---i agree

GORICO

Reaction score
We all knew this loss would come and bite us in the a______
but maybe Arizona might do it to Sheagles???...our only hope is Sheagles have more losses than us for us to win division...and it could happen...how

many times have we seen teams meltdown at the end?....start hot...and Sheagles had a lot of fortune not to have loss more games before today

that fortune changes

GORICO

Reaction score
How about we just let it play out from week to week and enjoy the ride? So many teams are already eliminated.

Anything can happy and has already happened. Wild card teams have won the SB before.
i like Chasing attitude---- lets enjoy the ride and in the end we raise Lombardi trophy....it is possible....it is NOT impossible

GORICO

Reaction score
giphy.gif
funny Vaquero----we do this every year....and regardless of the past....we do have a chance....and that is good enough for me....cause last 20 something

years when we have even been #1 in Conference we exited first game in playoffs....i dont care what seed we are.....we got a chance....and i say Go-Cowboys...i

plan to root harder and louder and stronger than ever before...yes i will have the aid of Valium while you'all get to drink booze...GORCIO get very nervous

game day....i had to apologize to several chatters for remarking i hope eagles and 49ers have several seaon ending injuries so our chances increase...but

that is both immature and cruel

Adreme

Reaction score
but maybe Arizona might do it to Sheagles???...our only hope is Sheagles have more losses than us for us to win division...and it could happen...how

many times have we seen teams meltdown at the end?....start hot...and Sheagles had a lot of fortune not to have loss more games before today

that fortune changes
The thing is stacking up the last 4 games the Eagles are more likely to win out than the Cowboys are. Just based on the strength of the competition. The Eagles have one game I would say they have less than a 75% chance to win and the Cowboys have 2 of them so even in the best case its still a rough path.

rambo2

Reaction score
The thing is stacking up the last 4 games the Eagles are more likely to win out than the Cowboys are. Just based on the strength of the competition. The Eagles have one game I would say they have less than a 75% chance to win and the Cowboys have 2 of them so even in the best case its still a rough path.
The Eagles should lose to Dallas and Seattle. They will be underdogs.

GORICO

Reaction score
Adreme---total agreement...but is it not more fun to win against the odds??....very poor gambling strategy....but..and i am no Hockey fan....but i did watch 1980

USA hockey team when Al Michael's famous quote..."Do you believe in miracles"??...when the rag-tag USA team beat the Monster USSR team...Dak has pulled

himself up every time he has fallen.....and we have seen how many times that has happened....but something changed after our loss to 9ers...20 TD's -2 INT's

and he has had a few dropped TD passes in that time frame too...those 9ers in all honesty scare me a bit...they have close to the best on both offense

and defense and we too have played like we do too at times....for once lets do it against all odds.....i like our chances...even if they said only 3%

rambo2

Reaction score
Dallas has opened at -3 next week. Doubt Seattle is a favorite vs Philly though. Vegas gave us 9.5 against them on Thursday
I thought that Dallas would be -4 and Seattle would be -1.5 the following week.

Adreme

Reaction score
The Eagles should lose to Dallas and Seattle. They will be underdogs.
And the Cowboys will likely be underdogs both @Miami and @Buffalo. At the very least they are toss ups, along with the Lions. Therefore let us assume that all 3 games are 50-50 and the Seattle is 60% to win and for all remaining games that the chance of Cowboys/Eagles to win is 75%. Therefore the odds of the Cowboys going undefeated is about 9.3%. Following that same logic the probability of the Eagles going undefeated, after losing to Cowboys, is 16.9%.

rambo2

Reaction score
And the Cowboys will likely be underdogs both @Miami and @Buffalo. At the very least they are toss ups, along with the Lions. Therefore let us assume that all 3 games are 50-50 and the Seattle is 60% to win and for all remaining games that the chance of Cowboys/Eagles to win is 75%. Therefore the odds of the Cowboys going undefeated is about 9.3%. Following that same logic the probability of the Eagles going undefeated, after losing to Cowboys, is 16.9%.
If Dallas beats Philly, they should be favored over Buffalo.

Adreme

Reaction score
On a neutral site sure but going to Buffalo, a tough place to play, at best that game is going to be a toss up.

GORICO

Reaction score
I thought that Dallas would be -4 and Seattle would be -1.5 the following week.
eagles got their rumps spanked hard...just like we did when we played 9ers.....that Brock Purdy is playing like an MVP....and he is mr irrelevant

from the draft...last player taken.....and i think it is Shannahan offense and their players...of course....but what we do know for sure....nothing is 100%

in NFL.....if we can stay healthy we have a chance...which is same thing we say every year....but Dak is different QB then he was pre-loss 49ers?

20 TD's in 7 games and 2 INT's and a couple of TD drops too ...should be like 24-2....i was disappointed at score of Seahawk game...but we can

say with NO DOUBT....Dak if he must can carry a team....we could not say that before

Mark

Reaction score
Even if they don't.

In a climate-controlled environment, I think DAL rolls over BUF. However, the uncontrollable variable in Orchard Park on Dec. 17 is going to be the weather in Western/Upstate NY. If the region is getting one of those lake-effect snow storms off the Great Lakes for which it is infamous, it could be tough sledding (no pun intended) for the Southerners. The Bills know how to play in snow, bone-chilling cold & swirling winds.

@ Dolphins is more worrying. They have a highly-potent offense (currently second in scoring behind DAL). They're undefeated at home. And they play on natural grass, a surface upon which the Cowboys inexplicably tend to underperform.

Adreme

Reaction score
Kind of like the 49ers going to Philadelphia. 49ers -3
That was a game that just about everyone had SF in. It has been shown over time that being at home is worth about 3 points. Everyone was going to bet on SF if the Eagles were favored by 3 or that was even a split because every person who watched both teams play could see SF was far far better. Just checking the lines right now, there are 2 available for that game. Ceasers has it as a toss up and Draft Kings has Buffalo favored by 4 (might take that action right now).