Looks like we are the 5 seed

Jarntt

Reaction score
Read your link. Common opponents is second. Jets help us out.
Read what was written as I discussed that. Common opponents aren't in our favor and still aren't in our favor even if Philly loses to both us and SF and then we both win out and finish tied at 14-3

rambo2

Reaction score
Well, if they manage to lose two and we somehow win out, the AZ will be what keeps us from the #1 seed, so yeah, I'd say it hurts.
Arizona could beat Philly also.

rambo2

Reaction score
Read what was written as I discussed that. Common opponents aren't in our favor and still aren't in our favor even if Philly loses to both us and SF and then we both win out and finish tied at 14-3
Philly could lose to 49ers, Cards, Seahawks, and Giants. All common opponents.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Philly could lose to 49ers, Cards, Seahawks, and Giants. All common opponents.
of course, that is obvious, but that isn’t the discussion. They have the common opponent edge now and still would if they lose the next two. They could lose all their games

gmb1

Reaction score
Anything is possible of course, but There is very little chance we win the division because of the Conference records of us and Philly. Philly can lose to both SF and us and still win the division even if we both end up 14-3, because they are currently 6-0 and we are 6-3 against the conference. After our game Philly plays the Giants twice, AZ once and Seattle in a Seattle. Not saying there isn’t a chance of course but it is less likely than I was thinking before I looked at the tiebreakers. So for Dallas to win the division we really need the Eagles to lose 3 out of the last 6. The Arizona game killed us.

If both 14-3: records would be the same. Head to head would be split. Division record would be the same. the only thing I’m not sure about is the record in common games which would be the division tiebreaker before conference record but after using the “playoff simulator” it appears that would be tied or in their favor.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Division tiebreakers:
https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures
Naw, the Philly game killed us. And then Philly got all these other lucky wins.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't get the urge to call it right now. Still a lot of time left.

Flamma

Reaction score
Right. H2H, Division, and common opponents would be tied. We'd lose the conference tie breaker.

Flamma

Reaction score
Either the 49ers or the Eagles will get the #1 seed. Because like someone else said, we'll probably drop another game. It just aggravates me because the difference between a 1 seed and 5 seed is so huge.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
well screw it. We know 5 seeds dont win SBs, so Im out for the season. ill see you next year!

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Fun discussion but all we need to do is focus on beating Philly and letting the season play out. Not wishing injury on ANYONE but this is the NFL and the landscape changes every week. Perhaps we're a wildcard and top seeds lose? Who knows. Control what you can.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Either the 49ers or the Eagles will get the #1 seed. Because like someone else said, we'll probably drop another game. It just aggravates me because the difference between a 1 seed and 5 seed is so huge.
Yes. 5th isnt gonna work.

impossible odds.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'd prefer 14 wins to anything else.