Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Think about if Lance had completed that last pass, how different everyone would be feeling about him right now.

Remember how long Tony sat on the bench? And he had a full college career.

I'd love Lance if we had just drafted him with that pick and we could PS him and develop him.

Look at the tape, Lance, and see what you did wrong.
uhm..... you know this is Lance's 4th season, yes? So Im assuming he has been sitting on that bench and learning, just like Tony. Difference, he will never be as good as romo, or dak for that matter. When you get a shot, you better play well. He has played almost this entire pre season and hasnt looked great in any game.

Qcard

Reaction score
QB wise?

Probably someone still in college.

An 8-9ish record should put us in a decent position to take a QB.
Well you better hope one of our offense coaching staff members finds the prospect because this Front Office have no clue how to evaluate QBs.

Cowboys lucked into Romo via Sean Payton

Cowboys lucked into Prescott via Scott Linehan

Which current Cowboys Coach do you trust to push Jerry and Stephen to pick a guy in 15- 25 draft range from 8-9 season?

Qcard

Reaction score
PF6lsYf.gif

Obviously, I should review this thread and see whatever else you have posted this fine morning, lol.
Booo.....Avengers Unite :laugh: :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean this was the problem with Lance when we traded for him…he needed to turn the corner quickly because now he is due a new contract…not many QBs get 8 years to figure out how to play the position. Kurt Warner maybe? Hahaha.
49ers said he can’t play and our arrogance said he can lol.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I took the boy to the game yesterday. I came to the realization that going to the games is no longer fun for me. It's just a giant crap-show, and there's no need to play the music that loud every chance they get. It's a football game, not a concert.

Qcard

Reaction score
OMG. That is a BUNCH of sheep. :laugh:
This Forum needs an enema!! New grazing pastures

If Prescott leaves the fallacy is that somehow the original stain on this franchise (QB1 Battle arguments) will somehow disappear... :lmao2:

There is nothing new under the sun just greener pastures....Ewers vs Sanders vs Milroe vs Beck vs another 30 years of perfecting this union :lmao::lmao:

SackMaster

Reaction score
Yeah... but Lance is also playing WITH a bunch of guys who will not be playing in a week as well.
Yet when it comes to the Ints, 4 of the 5 had NOTHING to do with who Lance was playing with:

1. Threw it low and behind the receiver, not the receiver's fault.
2. Lance did not see the defender watching his eyes and jumped in the passing lane. Not the receiver's fault.
3. The DE dropped back in zone coverage and Lance never saw him. Not the receiver's fault.
4. The jump ball pass. You could argue that a "starter" does not allow for the Int, but who knows.
5. The pass was so far off target that Calvin Johnson could not save that pass. Not the receiver's fault.

So, by my count:
2 Ints due to poor accuracy
2 Ints due to not seeing a defender
1 Int on a jump ball that may or may not be due to the players he was playing with.

None of them were the receiver tipping the ball up. None of them were freak plays like Romo throwing behind Witten just for it to bounce off Witten's heal for the Pick 6.

So ... any more excuses?
:huh:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Trey still lacks experience, but one thing is for sure when his contract is up QB2 money is all he's getting. I think Will Grier played better in the final game last season for context. Dak could get extended and Trey could back him up next season at a Cooper Rush price.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well you better hope one of our offense coaching staff members finds the prospect because this Front Office have no clue how to evaluate QBs.

Cowboys lucked into Romo via Sean Payton

Cowboys lucked into Prescott via Scott Linehan

Which current Cowboys Coach do you trust to push Jerry and Stephen to pick a guy in 15- 25 draft range from 8-9 season?
Prescott was due mainly to Wade Wilson and at least some part Jason Garrett.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yet when it comes to the Ints, 4 of the 5 had NOTHING to do with who Lance was playing with:

2. Lance did not see the defender watching his eyes and jumped in the passing lane. Not the receiver's fault.
3. The DE dropped back in zone coverage and Lance never saw him. Not the receiver's fault.
4. The jump ball pass. You could argue that a "starter" does not allow for the Int, but who knows.
5. The pass was so far off target that Calvin Johnson could not save that pass. Not the receiver's fault.

So, by my count:
1 Int on a jump ball that may or may not be due to the players he was playing with.

None of them were the receiver tipping the ball up. None of them were freak plays like Romo throwing behind Witten just for it to bounce off Witten's heal for the Pick 6.

So ... any more excuses?
I agree with everything except calling that a jump ball pass. The ball was level with his head and the cb was behind the wr. The cb went over the top of Cam Johnson and took it away from him.

GINeric

Reaction score

So, by my count:

So ... any more excuses?

First of all, I never gave an excuse. I just made a statement that happens to be very true. With that said I don't disagree with your breakdown.