Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

GINeric

Reaction score
I think what people mean by saying he sucks is that whenever they play the best teams, he wilts and plays horribly. He rolls up the stats and awards against bad NYG and Wash teams and then can't find a WR who’s not an opposing DB in the playoffs and against the elite teams. He is what he is….and turns out that 2016 was probably the best shot we had with Dak, back when we had a solid running game and Dak was still mobile. He will never get to the promised land on his arm alone.

Dak has an average record vs winning teams. But you'd be surprised by most of the quarterbacks in the NFL records vs winning teams compared to Dak's. Dak is actually in the top 10 of quarterbacks in the category of "records vs winning teams".

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but I think that whole "he can't beat good teams" thing is a little over exaggerated.

Everything that you stated that happens to Dak, seems to happen to alot of our other teammates as well. They don't show up when it counts the most. Dak is guilty of that as well, I'm not exonerating him.

With that said, if we had a better running game, AND could stop the run, we'd go deep into the playoffs.

If Dak can become an All-Pro AND MVP candidate last season WITHOUT a functioning running game to aid the offense, just imagine what we could do as a TEAM if we had a running and could actually stop the run....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Man, that is such a horrible throw right there.

Lance rolls out to his right and stares down the WR the entire time, never looks off the safety.

There is also 3 defenders to that side, 2 of them are playing man coverage and a 3rd is dropping back into a "free rover" position and is moving laterally along the goalline watching the QB the entire time.

There is absolutely no way, I repeat NO WAY, any QB should attempt a throw in this position..........This is the type of play you show a high school QB to teach him what not to do, YIKES:facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak has an average record vs winning teams. But you'd be surprised by most of the quarterbacks in the NFL records vs winning teams compared to Dak's. Dak is actually in the top 10 of quarterbacks in the category of "records vs winning teams".

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but I think that whole "he can't beat good teams" thing is a little over exaggerated.

Everything that you stated that happens to Dak, seems to happen to alot of our other teammates as well. They don't show up when it counts the most. Dak is guilty of that as well, I'm not exonerating him.

With that said, if we had a better running game, AND could stop the run, we'd go deep into the playoffs.

If Dak can become an All-Pro AND MVP candidate last season WITHOUT a functioning running game to aid the offense, just imagine what we could do as a TEAM if we had a running and could actually stop the run....
Nailed it! :hammer:

Problem is many don't want to see it.

Qcard

Reaction score
Prescott was due mainly to Wade Wilson and at least some part Jason Garrett.
Yes….I agree but Linehan stood on the table

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...Jones, Linehan was,as well as the quarterback.

According to Jones, Linehan was "on the table" for the Cowboys to draft Prescott. Linehan had him rated with the top quarterbacks in the draft, Wentz and Goff, and he pushed for the team to rate him higher than it did.
Linehan studied the Mississippi State offense as well as the quarterback. His impression was that Prescott was making more whole-field reads than most spread quarterbacks. But he knew three elements would be transitional for him: Playing under center, running a huddle and learning/making more expansive play calls.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
uhm..... you know this is Lance's 4th season, yes? So Im assuming he has been sitting on that bench and learning, just like Tony. Difference, he will never be as good as romo, or dak for that matter. When you get a shot, you better play well. He has played almost this entire pre season and hasnt looked great in any game.
But he never got the mileage Tony, or most any other NFL QB, got in college. Not even half.

ghst187

Reaction score

Agee but also add there at the end that they chose to show up play their best games in the playoffs instead of their worst games.

GINeric

Reaction score
Nailed it! :hammer:

Problem is many don't want to see it.

Those same "many" can see it but they don't want to admit the real issues with this team because it would kill their narratives and agendas of blaming one person.

Only dumb, stupid and VERY low IQ people would blame one man for what happens in a team sport that consists of 53 players and multiple coaches.