Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

ghst187

Reaction score
Trey Lance is the latest in a long line of shining examples of why “just because scouts get paid a lot of money to do their jobs, doesn’t mean they are perfect (or sometimes even good) at it”. So far, two teams have spent a collective four draft picks (with several being first rounders) on this guy who just can’t play and never will. This is why everytime I read someone posting “I trust the scouts who get paid to do this” as refuting someone’s criticism here it makes me laugh.
And frankly, I think if we AI’d the Zone’s scouting posts and compared them to the actual picks and player results we might be surprised at who wins.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lol
The same list of excuses that are used for dak
Deja vu all over again
this was about Lance, but you manage to just have Dak on your mind 365x7x24x60x60.... you are obsessed. can't eat, sleep, drink, sit, without thinking about Dak. Why?

you all are like this. anything turns into a Dak competition

Sky is blue...Dallas wears blue...Dallas D....oh, Dak
its a beautiful stary night, Stars...dallas has a star, Dallas D...oh Dak

get over your lance love. lance sucks.

disclaimer: This post wasn't about defending Dak, his play, his salary demand or anything of the like. its just saying that Lance sucks. its about Lance

Qcard

Reaction score
323 yards passing.....90 yards rushing

Harassed all day....no one making plays...nor getting open.

Throwing to guys named Racey McMath...and Snoop

My God....talk about setting up a player for failure.
Yeah just imagine if Trey Lance was running though a defense with Khalil Mack, Asante Jr and Derwin...

Set up for Dak Hate?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Qcard

Reaction score
There's a less than zero chance you type a single word here ever again (under your current account) as soon as Dak officially leaves.

Dak fans are the fake ones.
Who is your next eye candy??

I was here for the Troy vs Walsh, Quincy vs Chad vs Henson and Prescott vs Non-Football entities :laugh: :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trey Lance is the latest in a long line of shining examples of why “just because scouts get paid a lot of money to do their jobs, doesn’t mean they are perfect (or sometimes even good) at it”. So far, two teams have spent a collective four draft picks (with several being first rounders) on this guy who just can’t play and never will. This is why everytime I read someone posting “I trust the scouts who get paid to do this” as refuting someone’s criticism here it makes me laugh.
And frankly, I think if we AI’d the Zone’s scouting posts and compared them to the actual picks and player results we might be surprised at who wins.
I would agree the Dallas Cowboys' scouting department deserves criticism for their initial evaluation of Trey Lance prior to the 2021 NFL draft. According to Jerry Jones, his scouts assessed Lance with 'high marks at that time', paraphrasing.

Jones' scouting department may have re-evaluated and came to a different conclusion about Lance after his two years in the NFL. Jones spoke more in the context of his opinion of Lance from that initial group assessment of Lance in 2021, when he acquired the quarterback last August. I would argue Jones went more with his GUT at that later time than what his scouts advised him two years before.

Below are Jones' comments (lengths 1:46 & 1:20) on the subject from last August. The complete video can be reviewed at this link.

Creeper

Reaction score
The thing about Lance last night is that he had a lot of good throws too. At times he looked like an NFL QB. He made some good decisions, some really good throws and an incredible run or 2. The throw over the middle to Stephens, that he fumbled, was a great throw. Stephens has to do a better job holding on to the football. If we saw that Lance all the time, we could tell Dak he is too rich for us and move on. But, unfortunately, we did not see that Lance all night. We saw a few horribly inaccurate throws that should have been easy plays, we saw 5 INTs, not all his fault entirely, but a few were absolutely his fault. The one in the end zone was just a horrible decision and throw. The one snatched out of Cam Johnson's hands was all on Cam Johnson. It was a good throw. Johnson has to protect his QB there and not allow the defender to take it away from him.

Now the Cowboys have to decide what to do with Lance next year. Maybe they believe 1 more off-season and he will be good enough to be a backup or starter. We'll see what he decides he wants for his next contract.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I would win but if you're talking about a collective average you guys would ding my accuracy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you have to mow the grass before coming to that decision?? :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
PF6lsYf.gif

Obviously, I should review this thread and see whatever else you have posted this fine morning, lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't hate any athlete. Well maybe Lebron now that I think about it.

I hate the trade for an athlete that will never play a single down for the Cowboys.
Thats why I said as much as you can "Hate," any athlete. I dont hate any of them, they are just people trying to do their best. But all we needed to do was win a game in our last 2 and Troy got hurt and Babe took over. He may have been the worst QB to walk the face of the earth, we lost both games, the Sainst won both games and we were sitting on the outside looking in.... exactly what we would look like if we lose Dak.... and Ive never been a dak fan boy, but Id rather win 12 games and have a shot, then be 7-11 or worse every year for a decade.