Losing Gregory = A Blessing in Disguise

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
While I am not glad he's gone, I am glad the Cowboys still have plenty of cap space to go get somebody that can have just as much impact. It's hard to believe Von Miller is only a little more than three years older than Gregory. I would be all-in on him especially since Miller himself seems to have initiated the Dallas connection. He wants to be here, but understandably he will also go where the money is.

The Cowboys have proven they can be creative in good ways (Gallup's deal) and bad ways (Gregory situation) this week. Surely they can find a way to get Von Miller to wear the star.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is not a Randy Gregory hate post or anything like that. I was actually hoping that the Front Office would get him signed. However, we see how things have turned out. I say that this could, indeed, be a blessing in disguise because it forces Jerry to make a major signing. This debacle is clearly embarrassing for the Front Office, and Jerry's ego will not allow him to just take it lightly. Hence, I think Jerry goes all out to sign Von Miller, and maybe even Bobby Wagner. Just my two cents.
We need to replace Gregory with a similar talent.
Hope it happens!

Flamma

Reaction score
That's a lot for a huge question mark.

Way too much hype for this guy. But his deal doesn't surprise me. Teams are willing to pay for just some flash at DE. They probably remember the game against the Patriots where he abused their right tackle. He didn't have too many games like that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Randy has the lungs of a Rasta. There ain’t no way the mile high altitude will be good on his lungs, lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Every time we lose a good player fans try and spin it’s a blessing in disguise or there’s a silver lining to it. Never fails! lol

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
So my understanding is that Denver offered the same amount and guaranteed money as the Cowboys? If that’s true, didn’t Gregory take a pay cut cause taxes are higher in Colorado?

Rodney308

Reaction score
Every time we lose a good player fans try and spin it’s a blessing in disguise or there’s a silver lining to it. Never fails! lol

I think I said, "COULD BE"; like maybe, like possibly, like perhaps; but yeah I do believe that good can come out of any situation.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think I said, "COULD BE"; like maybe, like possibly, like perhaps; but yeah I do believe that good can come out of any situation.

When you lose Cooper, Cedrick Wilson, Collins and Connor Williams which leaves you stuck with McGovern who’s worse I don’t see anything good coming out of losing another good player. Gregory had six sacks and three forced fumbles.

Verdict

Reaction score
This is not a Randy Gregory hate post or anything like that. I was actually hoping that the Front Office would get him signed. However, we see how things have turned out. I say that this could, indeed, be a blessing in disguise because it forces Jerry to make a major signing. This debacle is clearly embarrassing for the Front Office, and Jerry's ego will not allow him to just take it lightly. Hence, I think Jerry goes all out to sign Von Miller, and maybe even Bobby Wagner. Just my two cents.
Not paying Gregory all that money over that many years is a blessing in disguise. He was not worth that based on many factors.

lqmac1

Reaction score
He had 6 sacks on the year. 5 of which came in two games.

Take away the bye week and the 3 games he missed and you’re left with 11 games. In those 11 games, he got one sack.

Getting QB pressures is equivalent to hanging your hat on becoming a millionaire by playing the lottery.

Dude has never reached double digit sacks and had 0 when Lawrence came back. Good riddance

Creeper

Reaction score

I agree with this, but Jerry could also leak a story the Cowboys are interested in Miller knowing it will get a lot of attention and take the focus off the backstabbing he got from Gregory. but in the end, Jerry knows he will never shell out big money for a player to replace Gregory. He will try to convince us that Chauncey Golston made a huge leap in the offseason and is ready to be the starter in Gregory's place.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
I really never liked him. This is just my humble opinion, I don't like undisciplined individuals. I strongly believe that having good or great work ethic can take you places specially if you are on a team, it is contagious. Having players like him, who was constantly having off field issues, dumb penalties, etc should not take you or your team too far. I know he has tons of talent but, again for me work ethic > talent.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I agree with the cause and effect i.e. Jerry forced to sign a big name.
But we can do better than a used up Von Miller.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If we can swap Gregory for Von Miller, I will call it a win for us.:thumbup:

Still doesnt change that fact that Jerry and his idiot boy got punked infront of the entire NFL, talk about embarrassing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Good riddance . Undisciplined, selfish . Ungrateful. Something always wrong with him . Another long term risky project initiated by Jerry Jones . Mostly a failure . Similar to Jaylon’s project .
:clap:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good riddance . Undisciplined, selfish . Ungrateful. Something always wrong with him . Another long term risky project initiated by Jerry Jones . Mostly a failure . Similar to Jaylon’s project .

Oh, the love. Can you feel it?