Losing interest in the Cowboys and the NFL

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paps plays in his own Universe. We know this.
Pappy's universe is strong and batting.1000 on all his projections.
Come Spring the Paps universe has a home for all of you!:cool:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This past Sunday I watched the last 2 minutes of the lions game and maybe 6 minutes of the Philly game. This is what happens when the ownership runs the franchise into the ground not mention the dummies running this league...so I took some edibles and watched Netflix.
No problem. Just don’t come back next year when we’re healthy and some new talent.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This past Sunday I watched the last 2 minutes of the lions game and maybe 6 minutes of the Philly game. This is what happens when the ownership runs the franchise into the ground not mention the dummies running this league...so I took some edibles and watched Netflix.
tenor.gif

Shane612

Reaction score
Maybe it's time jerry did something stupid again to keep your interest....
:laugh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

A lot of fans lose interest in the Cowboys when they are bad and gain interest when they are good. Some of us remain interested even when things go sour like they have this season. We've hung in there through years as lean as this one, always looking for the bright side and hoping next year will be the year when we return to glory. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened since after the 1989 season.

Not saying I blame anyone for losing interest. It's just not how my brain works when it comes to my team.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Dallas is my team...for 50+ years. Through good and bad. My enthusiasm might be a bit low...but I don't just jump ship in tough times. And there's been plenty.

"likeable". An interesting choice of words. I wish more "fans" would follow your advice...and leave the rest of us to cheer on and be fans of the team.

Are you even joking me? I didn’t say I’m switching favorite teams. I was born and raised a Dallas fan. I said I’m finding another team to cheer for throughout the playoffs.

I didn’t say to “jump ship”.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m enjoying watching football in general.

cowboys games right now are just meh. I will watch them if they’re on. But I just don’t get pumped up or excited like I usually do.

not until next season again
This season has been a major disappointment for us Cowboys fans...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This past Sunday I watched the last 2 minutes of the lions game and maybe 6 minutes of the Philly game. This is what happens when the ownership runs the franchise into the ground not mention the dummies running this league..
but yet youre still here?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've been "hanging in there" too long, so, I'll never give up on this team!
At least, not while still drawing breath . . . Lord, please help me!! :omg:
Being here is the first thing I do in the morn. Is this nuts, or what?:grin:

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m glad I’m not the only one!

I can’t bring myself to not watch the games, but my general interest for the Cowboys (and NFL as a whole) has dipped - considerably. Things just feel off to me, and not only because the team is terrible.

I haven’t missed a game in nearly 2 decades, but I’ll tell you this: I wouldn’t get too worked up if I missed games at this point.

That even applies to talking about the Cowboys. This forum seems like a dead zone the last few weeks.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
It's pretty natural to lose interest in the games when your team is out of it and there are only a handful of games to play. I and most of the fan base were pretty excited about the Cowboys coming into the season.

We'd finally moved on from Garrett and McCarthy was widely viewed as an upgrade. Then COVID hit and robbed the staff of a lot of the extra offseason training that's afforded to new staffs. And injuries started to pile up during the regular season.

That's the thing that's probably dragged down interest the most. Hard to get excited to watch Andy Dalton run for his life for 4 quarters behind that rickety OL.

brickman

Reaction score
This past Sunday I watched the last 2 minutes of the lions game and maybe 6 minutes of the Philly game. This is what happens when the ownership runs the franchise into the ground not mention the dummies running this league..

I’ve felt like this most of the season. I said this weeks ago and got roasted by some telling me that I could leave and I wasn’t a fan anymore.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Football has also been neutered by COVID-19 including its direct association with football injuries and no intact pre-season. This team has been legitimately decimated by an inordinate amount of injuries throughout the season, while also starting out having to change almost the entire coaching staff; replacing the head coach; while also implementing a new defensive scheme. So I don't see how we can ENTIRELY blame the ownership.

2020 has been football apocalyptic on the Dallas Cowboys and some other teams.