Losing to Giants is good for cowboys long term

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I want us to lose to the Giants thursday night. sorry, go ahead. hate on me.

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
I hope we lose out.
Maybe that will wake up the fans paying hard earned money to see this clown show at the star.
If fans quit paying, that might get Jerry's attention and lead to meaningful changes

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That’s the thing. You can develop a losing culture it’s why those teams with the first overall picks typically suck. You get use to losing it can continue to happen.
Is it possible to have a worse, more toxic culture than this ?
I mean no accountability from the top down.
Entertainment over winning.
It's pretty bad.

coult44

Reaction score

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
You know why this is DUMB? Because in one breath you can’t stand Jerry and the FO and you think they are horrible at everything. Then in the next breath you say you want the team to lose so they will make some moves? So do you trust them or not? You believe in them enough to make good decisions? If not, wanting team to lose is not a good thing!!! If so, then tell us how good of GM Jerry is and can be.

coult44

Reaction score
I hope we lose out.
Maybe that will wake up the fans paying hard earned money to see this clown show at the star.
If fans quit paying, that might get Jerry's attention and lead to meaningful changes
What changes? Again, y’all are as dumb as you say Jerry is if you still believe he will fire himself!! Get it through your thick skulls, he is not going to and never will!!! As far as im concerned, if you wish or hope this team loses the rest of their games, your the worst kind of DA fan their is!!! And you’re litterally as stupid as he is! This is a community of Cowboy fans, you just admitted you are not one. Why stay?

coult44

Reaction score
Too many Joneses in line to inherit this team.

Only thing we could possibly hope for is that a couple of them want to sell it and get out of football but we could all be dead by the time that happens.
You or yours wouldn’t do any better.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Yeah, because losing has always inspired the Cowboys FO to make hard decisions and major changes.....

Oh, wait...

Darkhound

Reaction score
Even though having the cowboys loose does get me a bit blue (not as much as it did) i do think we need to implode and fail miserably.
I just hope JERRY JONES RETIRES soon

Blackrain

Reaction score
You or yours wouldn’t do any better.
That might be true and if it was I would have the sense enough long before 30 years went by to hire somebody that was a lot better than me at assembling and running a football team .

The difference is having a conscience and realizing there's a huge group of people that depend on you to do your job that you're disappointing on a yearly basis.

Jerry has no conscience the only thing he serves is his bank account.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

the year was over in Jan. No, there will be no long term good that will come from this. Almost 30 years of being irrelevant and people think one loss or 1 losing season will change JJs way of thinking. The desperation is strong.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
What changes? Again, y’all are as dumb as you say Jerry is if you still believe he will fire himself!! Get it through your thick skulls, he is not going to and never will!!! As far as im concerned, if you wish or hope this team loses the rest of their games, your the worst kind of DA fan their is!!! And you’re litterally as stupid as he is! This is a community of Cowboy fans, you just admitted you are not one. Why stay?
Well, thanks for letting us all know how you really feel ! LOL
We can agree to disagree.
I think if the Cowboys start losing a lot of games, it might bring about change.
I agree with you that Jerry is slow to shake things up.
But just staying relevant and getting bounced the first round of the playoffs seems to be fine with him.
At least if they start losing there is a chance he will do something meaningful.
I am sick of the status quo.

Preoccupied

Reaction score

How much more long term !!!
Decades have come and gone already.