Losing to Giants is good for cowboys long term

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What have the Texans and Dolphins done?! Houston has gone no further than Dallas has over their existence and Miami hasn’t won a playoff game since the Clinton presidency.

Also, it took the Lions and Bengals over 30 years each of being terrible to mediocre to luck into what so far has amounted to a combined total of 3 conference title appearances and 0 Super Bowls.
well, people pointed to teams that are down and low and made bad choices and stayed there, I am pointing to teams that were down and low, but seemed to be going int he right direction. Texans went to playoffs with a rookie QB, and won a playoff game. so there is the next step. we are 1-3 under MM and seem to be going the wrong direction. and now, 1-2 as a team with one of the worst if not the worst defense.

Lions played in the NFCCG.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I hope we lose out.
Maybe that will wake up the fans paying hard earned money to see this clown show at the star.
If fans quit paying, that might get Jerry's attention and lead to meaningful changes
we are not going to lose out, you have to be historically bad roster for that to happen, but we could end up top 5 perhaps...just need the team to implode.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why do yall think losing brings change? What am I missing?
They have some faith this front office actually has a vision now and will select good picks I guess. You just extended your QB and WR to big extensions. If we are now in tank mode, that is seriously bad. Tank mode is when you are cleaning house and starting over from scratch. We aren't there, we just aren't good but paying our core like we are.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You know why this is DUMB? Because in one breath you can’t stand Jerry and the FO and you think they are horrible at everything. Then in the next breath you say you want the team to lose so they will make some moves? So do you trust them or not? You believe in them enough to make good decisions? If not, wanting team to lose is not a good thing!!! If so, then tell us how good of GM Jerry is and can be.
I don't trust them. its called luck. its better chance of hitting on a player in top 10, than in the 20s with the likes of Mazi smith and Taco Charton and LVE. even a blind squirlle finds a nut now and then. they found Parsons with luck.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
hmmm, going 1-7, empty seats. jerseys on the racks.....
When has losing records ever hurt attendance or ratings? We had 3 straight 5-11 seasons to start the 2000s. Didn't matter. Terrible years in 2010 and 2015, didn't matter. People will still show up, even if it's opposing fans buying on the secondary market.

Jones family will never ever sell this team. This is their identity and what they live for. It goes beyond the money they'd receive. They have money to last them 100 lifetimes. It's about control of most likely the most valuable and popular franchise in the world.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t even think the fan base is low. The money isn’t adding up. If people truly were fed up we’d see some money being effected but we aren’t.
that's because die hard fans like us, suffer, sometimes in silence, sometimes on this board, but Jerry doesn't cater to die hard fans. they are called "die hard" for a reason, so he know he has them. but he is trying to expand the pie, cater to the fringe fans, the casual fans. there is so much of that in Dallas and he caters to them very well. when you go to the stadium, its about the stadium experience regardless of out come. but he also caters to the national fans, grabbing a few here and there and expanding the interest in the cowboys. he once said, even bad news is good for the cowboys, so even generating hate of the cowboys, keeps people talking about the cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When has losing records ever hurt attendance or ratings? We had 3 straight 5-11 seasons to start the 2000s. Didn't matter. Terrible years in 2010 and 2015, didn't matter. People will still show up, even if it's opposing fans buying on the secondary market.

Jones family will never ever sell this team. This is their identity and what they live for. It goes beyond the money they'd receive. They have money to last them 100 lifetimes. It's about control of most likely the most valuable and popular franchise in the world.
the only time I have really seen this franchise turn around and go the right direction is right after the three 5-11 seasons, when he was trying to get funding for a new stadium. he relinquished control to parcells who actually showed him how to put a roster together and build a culture. then Jerry got his funding. he thought he had learned. Parcells getting too much credit and the meddling began. cowboys rode the fumes of Parcells teams&culture for almost a decade after.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Even though having the cowboys loose does get me a bit blue (not as much as it did) i do think we need to implode and fail miserably.
I just hope JERRY JONES RETIRES soon
Jerry will not retire. he reluctantly stepped in the background when he hired Parcells who had a big ego too. but then he changed again. now 29 years, he has to prove he knows what he is doing. its a mission for him now. so death or total senility is the only way out of Jerry Jones

Darkhound

Reaction score
Jerry will not retire. he reluctantly stepped in the background when he hired Parcells who had a big ego too. but then he changed again. now 29 years, he has to prove he knows what he is doing. its a mission for him now. so death or total senility is the only way out of Jerry Jones
Agreed. I do not WISH HIM DEATH, BUT this team is doomed as long as he "runs it"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They have some faith this front office actually has a vision now and will select good picks I guess. You just extended your QB and WR to big extensions. If we are now in tank mode, that is seriously bad. Tank mode is when you are cleaning house and starting over from scratch. We aren't there, we just aren't good but paying our core like we are.
its because this team is not put together well. they think short term. they think marketing. they think in Jersey's sold. I swear they signed Zeke, he got #15, but all they are selling on Dallascowboys.com pro shop are #21 zeke Jersey's probably because they had a large inventory left over.

they are not very cap smart, because they can create cap room to sign FAs that actually make a difference, but we are always in the 3rd wave of FA, crumbs and left overs. and the results show.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
now you made me cry :eek:
I want progress as much as you do.

Its kinda playing on me, 3 x 12- 5 seasons.
Then the glaringly obvious issues at this moment in time.
It's anothet sideways step to fix em.
Then reset the dial for next year/next season.....
Why can't we ever keep building on what we gain....ever and make a deep play off run.

Bleerghh I give up.

Blue64

Reaction score
I want us to lose to the Giants thursday night. sorry, go ahead. hate on me.

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
You know Jerrah is not going to change McCarthy mid season.

And change is not going to happen with the front office, so forget that.

They signed a QB who is incapable of winning when the chips are down, he’s got that deer in the headlights look.

You really want this team to change, stop caring and speculating… cause as long as this team is on the lips of fans and the media… Jerrah wins and all Jerrah cares about is making money win or lose.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You know Jerrah is not going to change McCarthy mid season.

And change is not going to happen with the front office, so forget that.

They signed a QB who is incapable of winning when the chips are down, he’s got that deer in the headlights look.

You really want this team to change, stop caring and speculating… cause as long as this team is on the lips of fans and the media… Jerrah wins and all Jerrah cares about is making money win or lose.
well, it happened once before, when Wade went 0-7 and the team quit on him.
so if we lose to the giants....and then then next 2 or 3, it will snowball. fans will get more impatient. and Jerry has to make a move. he can't bring in a new coach. nobody in their right mind would come in mid season....he owes the money to MM anyway. just this year, so he may dump him and promote somebody internally.....like Zimmer or another sucker because they are all on one year contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lucky the Giants no longer have Saquon Barkley. They still may be able to run the ball on us.