Lost is back! (Season 5)

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Can't wait for tonight. I freakin' love this show.

I've been watching the re runs on the Sci Fi Channel the last couple of weeks and I'm ready to go.

Anyone else watching?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Good show but the story line got a little weird. The whole moving the island thing....umm yeah ok.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Oh I'm definitely watching. My wife and I have been looking forward to the return of "Lost" for quite a while now.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2593660 said:
Good show but the story line got a little weird. The whole moving the island thing....umm yeah ok.

I hear ya...

I hate the fact that I'm hooked on a friggin' nighttime soap opera....but I definitely am. I'll be watching.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tomson75;2593772 said:
I hear ya...

I hate the fact that I'm hooked on a friggin' nighttime soap opera....but I definitely am. I'll be watching.

So you are ok that you are hooked on daytime soap operas? :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2593660 said:

Lost should have been over by now.

Read something how they only had it wrote out for so many seasons but because it became so popular they added on to things.

They were also originally only going to do the back stories of a few characters but expanded on it due to some popular characters and to make the series last longer.

For instance, originally Hurley was not to have a back story but he became a popular character so they expanded on it. Turns out that back story was pretty good and funny.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loyal fan but finally gave up on it last year. Far to many unanswered questions. So this will be the 2nd year with "Lost" in my household. I haven't missed it yet.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
How many more years of this thing are there supposed to be?

I watched the first season religiously... gave up on it in the second season, and then came back to it and watched it on and off last year.

If there's a definite end in sight, I might watch it again... but the show definitely needs to end soon. It's already too bizarre and convoluted.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;2593903 said:
How many more years of this thing are there supposed to be?

I watched the first season religiously... gave up on it in the second season, and then came back to it and watched it on and off last year.

If there's a definite end in sight, I might watch it again... but the show definitely needs to end soon. It's already too bizarre and convoluted.

Like I said...it originally would have been over already but they kept adding to it because of the popularity.

I think If I remember correctly it was originally only going to be a 3 season show.

Don't know how long it will last now but I have to imagine it is getting towards the end.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2593913 said:
Like I said...it originally would have been over already but they kept adding to it because of the popularity.

I think If I remember correctly it was originally only going to be a 3 season show.

Don't know how long it will last now but I have to imagine it is getting towards the end.

I'm not sure on the "over already" stuff, but yes, they wanted to have a beginning, middle, and end. There's one more season left after this one. Each season will have 17 episodes.

I do know that at one point early in season 3, they were in a holding pattern unsure if ABC was going to renew the show. So, the writing suffered a little bit right there, but once they were renewed for a set amount of time, it picked back up again.

I'm definitely excited about tonight. :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2593913 said:

I get the feeling that, once it ends, it's going to be a confusing ending that doesn't really make much sense because of how convoluted it's gotten.

Kinda like X-Files. During it's heyday, there were some really cool questions posed by it that you couldn't wait to find out if there was an "answer" for them... but by the time it finally ended, no one was paying attention anymore and the original cast members were pretty much gone and you'd forgotten about all the questions you had back when the show was interesting.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Danny White;2593943 said:
I get the feeling that, once it ends, it's going to be a confusing ending that doesn't really make much sense because of how convoluted it's gotten.

Kinda like X-Files. During it's heyday, there were some really cool questions posed by it that you couldn't wait to find out if there was an "answer" for them... but by the time it finally ended, no one was paying attention anymore and the original cast members were pretty much gone and you'd forgotten about all the questions you had back when the show was interesting.

I disagree. The writers have said that they will be answering just about every question over the next couple of seasons. Even things that were just shown in passing like the massive foot statue with only 4 toes at the end of season 2.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Did not get to see it tonight because my stupid piece of crap Directv HD-DVR decided to lock up and not recording anything that was set to record today. Thankfully it's on again Saturday.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I hate timetraveling, but I have faith in the writers. In various interviews, they've already stated the pitfalls of time travel and have laid out the ground rules.

The best thing is that they know exactly when the show will end and have mapped out its future unlike other TV shows that just roam aimlessly for a couple seasons before getting canceled.

and i can't wait for next week.

ologan

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2595109 said:
Did not get to see it tonight because my stupid piece of crap Directv HD-DVR decided to lock up and not recording anything that was set to record today. Thankfully it's on again Saturday.

I just finished watching it on the computer. Great episode. Go to the ABC site,and you can watch them all on your computer. I forgot a lot of stuff from the past,so I started watching from scratch again a few days ago.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about Lost is the waiting. I am already dragging and it's only Saturday.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2599966 said:
The most annoying thing about Lost is the waiting. I am already dragging and it's only Saturday.

at least it isn't as bad as the earlier seasons where we'd have to wait like 8 weeks in between episodes