Lost is back! (Season 5)

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2776594 said:
There's so much biblical references that I think that's where the show is going. Aaron being Jacobs son in the bible..Jacob being "god" and Aaron being "jesus" in the show. Man #2 with the black hair is the devil. I'm pretty convinced. He takes the form of Locke and wants to have a battle between good and evil.

Anyone notice that everytime he encountered the Losties when they were children or adults that he touched them? It was evident when he did it to Locke, but it seems like once he touches them they are marked or persuaded. You could also make a case that Jacob saved Sayid's life by pulling him to the side and distracting him while the car came and killed his wife.

Nice observations and I'm right along with you in thinking all this.

Here's something really interesting about the opening scene though. Jacob is cooking a "Red Herring" and we all know what that means.

What if Jacob is the evil behind The Island. He uses it for his own gain and Man#2 is tired of seeing this happen again and again and wants to put an end to it. So he uses Smokey and all of the Island's resources to find this one loophole. But Jacob knows about the loophole and has orchestrated the Losties that he "touched" to change the future, meaning he will be alive again. So Jacob has countered a loophole with a loophole of his own.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2776594 said:
There's so much biblical references that I think that's where the show is going. Aaron being Jacobs son in the bible..Jacob being "god" and Aaron being "jesus" in the show. Man #2 with the black hair is the devil. I'm pretty convinced. He takes the form of Locke and wants to have a battle between good and evil.

Anyone notice that everytime he encountered the Losties when they were children or adults that he touched them? It was evident when he did it to Locke, but it seems like once he touches them they are marked or persuaded. You could also make a case that Jacob saved Sayid's life by pulling him to the side and distracting him while the car came and killed his wife.

You could say he saved Sayid's life or led to his wife's death, really. She turned to say something to him because he wasn't with her and I'd like to think a trained assassin would have seen a car barreling down the road at him. It was the only way to get him back on the island really.

Ozzu;2776569 said:
Another thing that just occurred to me reference the whole Locke deal. Remember when Jack was asked about Locke in the finale and he said something to the effect "Don't count him out"?

That was so out of character for Jack, that both me and my wife looked at each other with confused faces.

Yeah, Jack says, "I wouldn't give up on him.", but I don't think he knows Locke is "alive". Remember Locke came and was trying to get people to go back, which is what Jack had been trying to get everyone to do. Locke also sent a suicide note to Jack that said, "I wish you would have believed." because Locke had told them not to leave the island.

So at this point, after being back on the island and feeling he has a purpose there, he really does think Locke was right all along.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Ozzu;2776551 said:
Well, they had some HR people and stuff in the Miami area when they recruited Juliet I think. I guess maybe they have a dock there somewhere? It'd have to be some place they have complete control over or people would ask questions.

This is probably one of those questions the creators never really thought up an answer to and yet here we are discussing it. :D

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Herarat_Aviation

Yeah it probably will never be answered...But Miami sounds good.

Just one of my many little questions I have about Lost...which to me make it a great show. :)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
TheCount;2776747 said:
Yeah, Jack says, "I wouldn't give up on him.", but I don't think he knows Locke is "alive". Remember Locke came and was trying to get people to go back, which is what Jack had been trying to get everyone to do. Locke also sent a suicide note to Jack that said, "I wish you would have believed." because Locke had told them not to leave the island.

Jack didn't try to get everyone else to go back to the island until after Locke came to visit him. Actually, not until after John had died.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Smoke Monster From 'Lost' Given Own Primetime Spin-Off Series

Smoke-Monster-R.article.jpg

The smoke monster, a fan favorite.

BURBANK, CA—Executives at ABC announced Monday that the network will premier a new Lost spin-off series this fall based around that show's popular smoke monster character.

"Somewhere between the smoke monster's first appearance on Lost— when it was depicted as a strange unseen force uprooting trees—and that episode in season three where it grabbed Mr. Eko and smashed him against the ground until he was dead, this character became the breakout star of the show," said Stephen McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment. "And that's exactly why we're so excited about Where There's Smoke. We get to see the monster's light comedic side in a show about life, love, and good friends having good times."

"Because after all, Where There's Smoke, there's laughter," McPherson added.

Smoke-Monster-Jump-R.article.jpg

Lea Thompson (Caroline In The City) costars with the ominous cloud (Lost) in its new ABC sitcom this fall.

Lea Thompson (Caroline In The City) costars with the ominous cloud (Lost) in its new ABC sitcom this fall.
ABC sources reported that the series will transplant the evil black cloud from the island of Lost to the suburbs of Chicago, where it works as a sports radio host, surrounded by "a whole new group of crazy characters." Actress Lea Thompson has signed on to play the monster's long-suffering wife, who must put up with her husband's screwball antics while raising the couple's two rambunctious children, Tanner and Smoky, Jr.

Veteran TV producer Chuck Lorre, of Dharma & Greg and The Big Bang Theory fame, will helm the show, which he said will focus mainly on the deadly creature's adjustments to suburbia and fatherhood, and its comically contentious relationship with its boss, a fussy radio station manager played by Richard Kind.

"The whole concept began with us asking, 'So what happens to the monster after it kills somebody and disappears down that ancient temple vent? What kind of life might it have?'" Lorre said. "And what we realized is that audiences really relate to this character and would like to see it in everyday situations, shooting the breeze with buddies at a local watering hole or murdering its son's soccer coach and depositing his lifeless body in a tree."

"And of course, you'll be hearing lots of its classic catchphrase, 'Brrrrr, chk-chk-chk-chk, muuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrhhh,'" Lorre added.

Lost producer Jack Bender has confirmed that the smoke monster will no longer be part of his show's regular cast. However, ABC has promised that Where There's Smoke will feature a number of guest appearances from Lost regulars. Sources said the pilot episode will feature an appearance by actor Michael Emerson as a slobby houseguest named Benjamin Linus who overstays his welcome, much to the chagrin of the smoke monster's wife.

Though the project has been in development for almost a year, negotiations reached a standstill last winter when representatives for the mysterious, billowing actor expressed concern that their client would risk being typecast as "just a smoke monster" if the role were carried into a new series.

"We're always sensitive to these kinds of things, but we actually think this new vehicle will make people realize [the monster] is a sophisticated actor with a great deal of range," said McPherson, who agreed to pay the show's star $2 million per episode after scenes between the smoke monster and a nosy, ethnic next-door neighbor tested well with audiences. "People love the smoke monster, and people love to laugh. This series is a can't-miss."

Added McPherson, "And I'm not just blowing smoke here."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/smoke_monster_from_lost_given_own

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2792241 said:
Smoke Monster From 'Lost' Given Own Primetime Spin-Off Series

Smoke-Monster-R.article.jpg

The smoke monster, a fan favorite.

BURBANK, CA—Executives at ABC announced Monday that the network will premier a new Lost spin-off series this fall based around that show's popular smoke monster character.

"Somewhere between the smoke monster's first appearance on Lost— when it was depicted as a strange unseen force uprooting trees—and that episode in season three where it grabbed Mr. Eko and smashed him against the ground until he was dead, this character became the breakout star of the show," said Stephen McPherson, president of ABC Entertainment. "And that's exactly why we're so excited about Where There's Smoke. We get to see the monster's light comedic side in a show about life, love, and good friends having good times."

"Because after all, Where There's Smoke, there's laughter," McPherson added.

Smoke-Monster-Jump-R.article.jpg

ABC sources reported that the series will transplant the evil black cloud from the island of Lost to the suburbs of Chicago, where it works as a sports radio host, surrounded by "a whole new group of crazy characters." Actress Lea Thompson has signed on to play the monster's long-suffering wife, who must put up with her husband's screwball antics while raising the couple's two rambunctious children, Tanner and Smoky, Jr.

Veteran TV producer Chuck Lorre, of Dharma & Greg and The Big Bang Theory fame, will helm the show, which he said will focus mainly on the deadly creature's adjustments to suburbia and fatherhood, and its comically contentious relationship with its boss, a fussy radio station manager played by Richard Kind.

"The whole concept began with us asking, 'So what happens to the monster after it kills somebody and disappears down that ancient temple vent? What kind of life might it have?'" Lorre said. "And what we realized is that audiences really relate to this character and would like to see it in everyday situations, shooting the breeze with buddies at a local watering hole or murdering its son's soccer coach and depositing his lifeless body in a tree."

"And of course, you'll be hearing lots of its classic catchphrase, 'Brrrrr, chk-chk-chk-chk, muuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrhhh,'" Lorre added.

Lost producer Jack Bender has confirmed that the smoke monster will no longer be part of his show's regular cast. However, ABC has promised that Where There's Smoke will feature a number of guest appearances from Lost regulars. Sources said the pilot episode will feature an appearance by actor Michael Emerson as a slobby houseguest named Benjamin Linus who overstays his welcome, much to the chagrin of the smoke monster's wife.

Though the project has been in development for almost a year, negotiations reached a standstill last winter when representatives for the mysterious, billowing actor expressed concern that their client would risk being typecast as "just a smoke monster" if the role were carried into a new series.

"We're always sensitive to these kinds of things, but we actually think this new vehicle will make people realize [the monster] is a sophisticated actor with a great deal of range," said McPherson, who agreed to pay the show's star $2 million per episode after scenes between the smoke monster and a nosy, ethnic next-door neighbor tested well with audiences. "People love the smoke monster, and people love to laugh. This series is a can't-miss."

Added McPherson, "And I'm not just blowing smoke here."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/smoke_monster_from_lost_given_own

"Where There's Smoke...":laugh2:

That should be one of the episode titles for next season. Definitely Smokey-centric.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2792690 said:
"Where There's Smoke...":laugh2:

That should be one of the episode titles for next season. Definitely Smokey-centric.

There should be more of Smokey for sure!

:D

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I think they are all in virtual reality, and thats the real Dharma Initiative - a program designed to investigate the human psyche. You only 'die' once you reach peace with yourself. Michael, Charlie, Ecko, etc. Thats how everything can be explained 'scientifically'.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2822252 said:
I think they are all in virtual reality, and thats the real Dharma Initiative - a program designed to investigate the human psyche. You only 'die' once you reach peace with yourself. Michael, Charlie, Ecko, etc. Thats how everything can be explained 'scientifically'.

So basically they are in The Matrix? That would be Amaz-Awful.

If you've seen some of JJ's other work, he's not in the least bit concerned about explaining things scientifically.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I can't let this thread die!

So, looks like with Comic-Con around the corner some LOST season 6 stuff is already starting to poke its little head out. Now I know this is some damn nerdy stuff for some of you, but well I am so addicted to the show I need something to talk about. Might as well enjoy it with fellow Cowboy fanatics!

Looks like a new Alternate Reality Game (ARG) is about to start...check out this new video that is also at abc's website:

[youtube]0Ojpy4yiMv4[/youtube]

Also here's another weird video that can be found at abc:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=lostmysteries&v2

Interesting stuff...let's see where this goes.

ologan

Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2852074 said:
I can't let this thread die!

So, looks like with Comic-Con around the corner some LOST season 6 stuff is already starting to poke its little head out. Now I know this is some damn nerdy stuff for some of you, but well I am so addicted to the show I need something to talk about. Might as well enjoy it with fellow Cowboy fanatics!

Looks like a new Alternate Reality Game (ARG) is about to start...check out this new video that is also at abc's website:

[youtube]0Ojpy4yiMv4[/youtube]

Also here's another weird video that can be found at abc:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=lostmysteries&v2

Interesting stuff...let's see where this goes.

I certainly don't remember any series on ABC that had anything to do with this. It's got to be a 'plant' by the Lost folks.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Some very interesting things have popped up today at Lost's comic-con panel.

I guess I should post a spoiler warning...

FUTURE LOST SPOILERS....

Well, I guess the detonation of the Jughead has caused a new timeline. Most fans are probably going to be pissed, but I believe they can pull it off and not make the last 5 years of this show a waste.

Here's a few videos from comic-con that definitely hint at a changed future...

http://spoilertv-comiccon.blogspot.com/2009/07/lost-comic-con-video.html

So, Hurley has had "great luck" since winning the lottery and Oceanic Airlines has had a "perfect safety record for thirty years" since 1979.

Sorry folks, but Faraday's and Jack's plan worked and flight 815 never crashes. Let the buring at the stake of the creators begin...

:chainsaw:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Oh man. I was hoping they wouldn't do that, but then again, Locke is my favorite character. So, he'll be alive and kickin'. That's always good.

Ugh. I can't wait til it starts up again.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Ozzu;2853907 said:
Oh man. I was hoping they wouldn't do that, but then again, Locke is my favorite character. So, he'll be alive and kickin'. That's always good.

Ugh. I can't wait til it starts up again.

Hell yeah. Locke being alive again was one of the reasons I actually would of liked this story approach.

But damn, who knows where this will go. That would suck for John if he's back in that wheel chair again, working at the dreaded box company and getting conned by his dad.

This is one of the only times that I truly have no idea where the show is going. But I guess that seems to be one of the things that the creators are looking for.

Looks like Charlie is back too, as Dominic Monaghan (sp?) was a surprise guest at the panel today. I want to see me some more Eko if they're bringing dead losties back into play.

jadelee

Reaction score
That's really good news for me as am a big fan of Locke! Will be waiting forward for starting a new season.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Part 2 of "Mysteries of The Universe - The Dharma Initiative" has been released. Very interesting...hopefully the Alien stuff is a red herring, but if The Temple is a crashed UFO and Smokey is advanced alien technology I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

both parts:

[youtube]i_K6tSOahf0&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]gho9qnlvOgY[/youtube]