Lots of speculation RG3 has a torn ACL

Kangaroo

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4951483 said:
Those injuries are very worrying. Two ACLs and two concussions already. I remember when Troy had concussion issues.

Which is why you do not run your QB that much in the NFL they end up broke

Cowboys22

Reaction score
kjcmeb;4951461 said:
Schefter - Robert Griffin expected to undergo surgery this week on torn LCL and at that time doctors will determine if any damage has been done to ACL.

This is total BS. When was the last time you heard they had to go in to determine if an ACL was damaged? I don't buy this story one bit. They know the ACL is torn but don't want the news out there until the story dies down a bit. He had an MRI four weeks ago and they could determine the damage. Old scar tissue wasn't an issue then. My bet is they see the damage to the ACL but don't want to announce it yet.

newlander

Reaction score
Cowboys22;4952372 said:
This is total BS. When was the last time you heard they had to go in to determine if an ACL was damaged? I don't buy this story one bit. They know the ACL is torn but don't want the news out there until the story dies down a bit. He had an MRI four weeks ago and they could determine the damage. Old scar tissue wasn't an issue then. My bet is they see the damage to the ACL but don't want to announce it yet.

....Give this man a CIGAR....seriously I am totally convinced you are right: they're covering their butts, especially Shanny who blew it. Kirk Cousins will be their qB for most of next year:RG3 tore that ACL too, almost guarantee it: hope I'm wrong: good kid who made a mistake, shouldn't have to pay that much for it IMO.

slaga

Reaction score
Kangaroo;4952236 said:
Which is why you do not run your QB that much in the NFL they end up broke

You do realize Griffin was injured both times when he was scrambling from the pocket don't you? He has not been injured, at least with the Skins, on designed runs. The Skins OL does not do a good job blocking for a pocket passer.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
slaga;4952886 said:
You do realize Griffin was injured both times when he was scrambling from the pocket don't you? He has not been injured, at least with the Skins, on designed runs. The Skins OL does not do a good job blocking for a pocket passer.

Silly skin fans support their team destroying their franchise QB. There is a reason your team will never have nice things.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
slaga;4952886 said:

So what? The more he runs, the more he is exposed to a hit. It doesn't matter if it is a scramble or a designed run. The fact that his injuries this year came on scrambles doesn't mean he is impervious to getting hurt on a designed run.

RS12

Reaction score
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Commanders QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys22;4952372 said:

It is. You can tell with a manual manipulation when the ACL is gone. You could almost tell from the video that his tore the ACL completely. I know they're claiming it's a partial tear of both, but I have a hard time believing it's not a full ACL construction ahead of him.

It's a pain, but the repair should actually make the knee as strong as it was before when it comes to his lateral movement. It's just the distraction and the time getting the musculature build back up, and then the mental hurdle of trusting the repaired leg again. I'm sure he'll be back and a thorn in our side at some point next season.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
I have a good amount of experience with how radiology doctors read MRI's. There's no doubt in my mind that they would've been able to tell the severity of the tear from just the scan. They are just buying some time.

Smith22

Reaction score
RS12 said:
Commanders QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

6 to 8 months seems rather quick. time will tell. the guy wont last more than another 5 to 6 years if he doesn't become more of a pocket passer.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android

1fisher

Reaction score
RS12;4953226 said:

I'll be shocked if he makes it back in 6-8 months from total reconstruction.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
1fisher;4953525 said:
I'll be shocked if he makes it back in 6-8 months from total reconstruction.

Me too, especially since it is the second repair to the ACL. If they rush him back just because AP recovered in that time frame, they are setting him up for a career inhibiting/ending 3rd ACL tear...IMHO.

slaga

Reaction score
Cowboys22;4952967 said:
So what? The more he runs, the more he is exposed to a hit. It doesn't matter if it is a scramble or a designed run. The fact that his injuries this year came on scrambles doesn't mean he is impervious to getting hurt on a designed run.
I am saying he is more apt to get hit as a pocket passer behind the Skins OL than he is on a designed run. From watching him this year, RG3 has a tendency to get out of bounds or slide on designed runs and is more agressive and takes more chances when he scrambles. I don't have a problem with a handful of runs a game as long as he slides or gets out of bounds and avoids any unnecessary contact. He needs to learn to slide sooner so the defensive player has a chance to slow up. He waits too long before he slides right now IMO.

He is a rookie and will learn I hope. If not, I agree that he will not last.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
From Mike an Mike

Not only is it a tear but a reconstruction of a previous tear. Yes...this is the second time the knee has blown out and it most likely will not come back as strong or better than ever (ESPN Doctor). It is a possibility that it will never heal properly. He said do not expect an AP type of miracle since that is the extreme exception and not the norm. Said something like 3/4 of NFLers with this type of injury never return.

crazytown41

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4953583 said:
From Mike an Mike

Not only is it a tear but a reconstruction of a previous tear. Yes...this is the second time the knee has blown out and it most likely will not come back as strong or better than ever (ESPN Doctor). It is a possibility that it will never heal properly. He said do not expect an AP type of miracle since that is the extreme exception and not the norm. Said something like 3/4 of NFLers with this type of injury never return.
Think that doctor was just being melodramatic for the show. Dr.Andrews is the best of the best and ACL surgeries have gone a long way

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Here's to wishing RG3 a speedy and full recovery from whatever is wrong with his knee. He's a high character young man, it's a shame this happened to him. I believe he's young enough to make a full recovery, Shanahan must change the offensive philosophy if they want this kid to be there longer than a few years...

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
crazytown41;4953592 said:
Think that doctor was just being melodramatic for the show. Dr.Andrews is the best of the best and ACL surgeries have gone a long way

Agree. But you must realize this is more than just a tear. This is a blowout of a previously repaired tear.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Two acl injuries of the same knee 3 years apart. Worse damage then the first time?