Lots of speculation RG3 has a torn ACL

skinsscalper

Reaction score
fifaguy;4953741 said:
Two acl injuries of the same knee 3 years apart. Worse damage then the first time?

From what I understand, what complicates repairing the second tear is the scarring and tissue used to repair the first tear. Were they able to use the same tissue? Did they have to use new tissue and scrap the old repair. Did the scarring from the first repair complicate re-attaching the new ACL? This is contentious as could possibly be for the RGIII. I don't have the love fest for the kid that many do. He's a freaking Commander for cryin' out loud! With that being said, it would be sad if his career was jeopardized for the sake of trying to win one football game in a year when they had little chance of going all the way. That's sports, I suppose.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Can only hope for a speedy recovery and great rehab. Makes me sick he wasn't take out of the game earlier.

I have no doubt he has the mental fortitude to attack his rehab and be back quickly. My worry going forward is will this be a chronic condition

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Risen Star;4954009 said:
I'd be more worried about whether he can ever be a real NFL QB.

I have been wondering if your HC can be a real HC for a few years now. :D

Come on man. Not appropriate.

Healthy...RG3 over Romo every day and you know it. :eek:

burmafrd

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4954090 said:

well skins fans always did have a problem with recognizing reality

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

How many playoff wins does RG3 have? :D

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score

I would agree that at this point RG3 has more upside, but no way is he a better QB today.

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score

Plenty appropriate. Your fan base is ****ting bricks. His dynamic ability to take off for 70 yards could be forever hampered. Your franchised is cursed. We once thought how are we going to take this guy for 10 years doing what he does and it's quite possible he could be done in three and never be the same. Considering all you gave up for him I just have to LOL.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score

:lmao2:

based on what? RG3 is what he is...meaning injuries will be the reoccurring theme of his short career.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
A lot of denial in Commanders land. People acting like this was nothing major and that he will be back day 1. Taking comfort in the doctor saying it went well. Let me tell you something, they could have cut of his leg and the surgery would have went well. There is no telling how the knee reacts until they put pressure on it during rehab and he is months away from that point. Even if the doctor told RG3 and the skins that it's 50/50 they surely wouldn't tell the fans and media that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric_Boyer;4954122 said:
I would agree that at this point RG3 has more upside, but no way is he a better QB today.

[strike]RG3[/strike] .... KC1

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo could suffer a small series of strokes and not put up 185 yards passing combined and a 50% completion percentage in two games.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
BigD;4954124 said:
Plenty appropriate. Your fan base is ****ting bricks. His dynamic ability to take off for 70 yards could be forever hampered. Your franchised is cursed. We once thought how are we going to take this guy for 10 years doing what he does and it's quite possible he could be done in three and never be the same. Considering all you gave up for him I just have to LOL.

Anyone that thought he was going to run that same offense for 10 years in the NFL doesn't really know football. His only chance at a long career is to transition into a Steve Young type QB who only takes off when there is no one open and there is green daylight ahead. They may keep a few of the pistol formations in the playbook for special occasions like a 2 point conversion or a 4th and 1 but he cannot run it as the base offense and make it in the NFL for long. I think with this latest injury, the skins will be looking to transition him into a more conventional QB as early as next season if/when he comes back. He will still run plenty for the next few years, but it can't be like it was this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys22;4954260 said:
Anyone that thought he was going to run that same offense for 10 years in the NFL doesn't really know football. His only chance at a long career is to transition into a Steve Young type QB who only takes off when there is no one open and there is green daylight ahead. They may keep a few of the pistol formations in the playbook for special occasions like a 2 point conversion or a 4th and 1 but he cannot run it as the base offense and make it in the NFL for long. I think with this latest injury, the skins will be looking to transition him into a more conventional QB as early as next season if/when he comes back. He will still run plenty for the next few years, but it can't be like it was this year.

Thank you. The first sentence said it all.

You can't paint by numbers your entire career.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4954239 said:
A lot of denial in Commanders land. People acting like this was nothing major and that he will be back day 1. Taking comfort in the doctor saying it went well. Let me tell you something, they could have cut of his leg and the surgery would have went well. There is no telling how the knee reacts until they put pressure on it during rehab and he is months away from that point. Even if the doctor told RG3 and the skins that it's 50/50 they surely wouldn't tell the fans and media that.

While absolutely 100% true, I would put my money on the kid getting back and being just as good, maybe not for week 1 but surely by midseason. I just think he has the work ethic, character, and attitude that will get him through this. I think the biggest question is going to be how he reacts to having his reigns pulled in which will have to happen for him to be a 10-12 year player.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
One more thing, this new story that the ACL was intact but it was repaired anyway, is 100% total BS just like the cloudy MRI story. They have known since about 3 minutes after that knee buckled and he went into that little room that the ACL was gone. Its a simple test for stability and the doctor can tell almost 100% right then and there on the field. The MRI is done for confirmation and to determine the extent of the damage so they can plan the surgery. This latest bit on news is nothing more that a CYA for the doctor and the coach. They let the kid play with torn ligaments and he went out and fully ruptured his knee because it was unstable. I'm sorry, I don't buy any of it. If the ACL was intact and only partially torn then it was only a sprain and would not need total reconstruction. They simply cannot admit the truth because their judgement would be topic #1 and Goodall would probably have to step in and do something.

newlander

Reaction score
Cowboys22;4954272 said:
While absolutely 100% true, I would put my money on the kid getting back and being just as good, maybe not for week 1 but surely by midseason. I just think he has the work ethic, character, and attitude that will get him through this. I think the biggest question is going to be how he reacts to having his reigns pulled in which will have to happen for him to be a 10-12 year player.

....he'll come back physically by next Sept or OCt. and be VERY good but....he still has a long way to go to be a pocket passer and by then where will Kirk Cousins be in that offense? He's flying under the radar here boys: I'm telling you, and have since this time last year that he's the real deal. He can win in that offense by driving the bus in parcells-speak. He's smart, efficient and can make ALL the throws. As bad as they mismanaged RG3, they were genius in drafting COusins in 4th round, despite the criticism they took at the time. I know some of you don't want to hear it, but it's true.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Risen Star;4954258 said:
Romo could suffer a small series of strokes and not put up 185 yards passing combined and a 50% completion percentage in two games.

Are you still ignoring his performances when he was healthy to harp on his performances when he's injured? Good lord, you never learn....

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
He's a China Doll. He'll come back, but he'll tear it up again. He's fragile. Three firsts & a second for a China Doll.

visionary

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer;4954122 said:

at this point you cant even know for sure if Bob the third will ever get back on the field let alone say he has more upside than romo