Video: Love of The Star: Cut Dak, Start CeeDee, Trade Parsons | Lance has Warts

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope they do nothing with any of the QB's contracts until after this season.
If Dak fails in the playoffs again, then why would anyone want him back?
If he does great in the playoffs, gets to the NFCCG, but if they lose, and no fault of his play. Then sign him to an extension.

Then does Jerry take a chance on Trey and gives him a contract, maybe even just a 1 year contract to prove himself.
They can also draft a QB if one is there.
Wrong hes a FA the day after the last game , at that point he will shop his services and go elsewhere or his choice to resign here.. they don't get 2 shots at the prize and Dak and his agents will want a bidding war, history shows QBs will get the bag, he will have no less than 5 options at 55+ ..book that....

It only makes sense now for the FO to the decide Daks deal first than the others, if not ,dak leaves trade them ALL.that high risk poker its either keep the window open or bulldoze the house..

It's an interesting dilemma...literally in a catch 22 conundrum. I don't think there's a right answer it's going to be tough they have to decide do they want to continue this run or do they want to start over...but Daks deal needs to be decided first, they know it.. they might do it more now after seen TL get that bag as how can fans blame them for going dak 56 if Lawernce bot 55?? Perception has changed IMHO

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong hes a FA the day after the last game , at that point he will shop his services and go elsewhere or his choice to resign here.. they don't get 2 shots at the prize and Dak and his agents will want a bidding war, history shows QBs will get the bag, he will have no less than 5 options at 55+ ..book that....

It only makes sense now for the FO to the decide Daks deal first than the others, if not ,dak leaves trade them ALL.that high risk poker its either keep the window open or bulldoze the house..

It's an interesting dilemma...literally in a catch 22 conundrum. I don't think there's a right answer it's going to be tough they have to decide do they want to continue this run or do they want to start over...but Daks deal needs to be decided first, they know it.. they might do it more now after seen TL get that bag as how can fans blame them for going dak 56 if Lawernce bot 55?? Perception has changed IMHO
He will not be a FA until mid March. The can negotiate anytime before that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What incentive does Lance have to sign now with a team that has no quarterback under contract for the 2025 season? Unless, of course, he thinks he isn’t worth anymore than that.
GM Jethro has no leverage against Dak, Rush or Trance at this point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In his mind he is do you not understand what I'm saying if you don't sign him before the season his mind is made-up he will test the market you no longer own his rights.. You show me where you think the Cowboys own his rights you're not allowed to sign any new deals last I checked until the new league season starts in March... But you lost his rights the day you don't sign him before the deadline at the beginning of the season because the players won't sign it he has no reason to want to sign it unless you give him like 65,000,000 and say sign this so you don't have to go shop your wares...

I don't know where they locate the actual rules but I don't think you're allowed to offer him a contract until March in which he will be a free agent,, I think once they missed the deadline before the season starts they can't negotiate before March that's just my understanding but show me some actual legal verbage that states otherwise..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think that's true but show me where it is I believe if you don't sign it before the season you're not allowed to make a deal with them until the new league year they will not have his rights once the season ends I realize technically doesn't end until March but there's some rules against signing people in certain times like why do they cut it off before the season starts isn't there a rule you have to get them signed to a long term deal before the season starts or you're not allowed to offer them anything until the next leap year? I mean that could be wrong show me where they have his rights before the others do? Show me where it says immediately after the season ends they can sign him to a new deal?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Lance has warts? Dak is a bloody toad. He is consistently bad against the better teams and in those game you don't even need him to carry anything, just don't be bad. But can't seem to do it.
There's a great plan. Replace Dak with someone even worse.

A sure-fire method to stop losing in the playoffs is to not even get there. Problem solved! Pure brilliance.

blueblood70

Reaction score

A sure-fire method to stop losing in the playoffs is to not even get there. Problem solved! Pure brilliance.
Exactly,

best case scenario is we find someone decent quickly and hope to get to 9-10wins but worst case scenarios we're going to be worse as a team ,it could end up being 5 to 10 years before we find somebody to match what Prescott and Romo did,

To be right back in the same position??... I think fans just want change for the sake of change,

they they wanna win the off season ie draft higher bigger names in FA for while but that doesn't equal big wins,

I mean I literally watched Washington and the New York Giants spend more money in free agency and have higher draft picks for the last five or six years and they're both fighting for last place in our division most of which is because Prescott is the one beating them all the time, they don't have a good enough quarterback... Tony Romo and Prescott's record against the NFC East is crazy lopsided... We had the better quarterback for the last couple of decades until maybe jalen hurts is equal or close but still that is why we're winning in our division so much it starts with the quarterback we've had the better quarterback regardless of what our fan base thinks they're better than most anything that our division rivals have brought out consistently.... Let's be real the Eagles got lucky with their lone Super Bowl win coming from a playoff run by their backup quarterback who will play pretty bad everywhere else he's been and for the most part got cut right after he never stuck I mean Nick Foles just got lucky they caught fire they had an easy playoff run including the Super bowl that jalen hurts went to I mean they got lucky to play the giants and then the quarterback list 49er team I mean let's be real here....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
my whining won't do anything but ruin the game for me

But that all you guys do on here ...... is whine that everyone else wont kiss Jerry Jones's backside like you boys do.

"whine whine whine ........ somebody don't like Jerry after 28+ years of nonsense ........ they are the problem, not my sweet Jerry!"

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But that all you guys do on here ...... is whine that everyone else wont kiss Jerry Jones's backside like you boys do.

"whine whine whine ........ somebody don't like Jerry after 28+ years of nonsense ........ they are the problem, not my sweet Jerry!"
I whine about fans that show constant hate on players or owner etc....I don't whine about the team that I've rooted for, for over 52 years. If I did, I'd be man enough to walk away. The haters come in here and ruin this board for the rest of us. I know many that got sick of it and walked away. I wish the haters would man up and move on. But, crybabies aren't men

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

So if someone chooses not to complain endlessly about something they have zero control over, it means they are kissing Jerry's backside? What kind of twisted logic is this?

I'm sick and tired of waiting for a sixth Super Bowl too. But what good does being miserable on a forum do?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I whine about fans that show constant hate on players or owner etc....I don't whine about the team that I've rooted for, for over 52 years. If I did, I'd be man enough to walk away. The haters come in here and ruin this board for the rest of us. I know many that got sick of it and walked away. I wish the haters would man up and move on. But, crybabies aren't men
:hammer:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Exactly. I am sorry to say that some people's constant negativity on here has made me stay away from this forum many times. One time I even considered leaving the site. One popular thing I have been called is a "Dak Over Dallas" fan. Which is hilarious. The only reason I am a Dak fan is the fact he is the Cowboys' quarterback. If he goes to play for the Titans or whoever next year I will stop paying attention to his career altogether. Simple as that.

It's fans like you that see the big picture and root for a team- and not fixate on one player or spews constant negativity- that keep me around here. Thank you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lance has warts? Dak is a bloody toad. He is consistently bad against the better teams and in those game you don't even need him to carry anything, just don't be bad. But can't seem to do it.
You’re always at the keyboard ready to attack Dak threads aren’t you.

Havic

Reaction score

Does it really matter if the results are the same? Early playoff exit. Lance could get this team to the playoffs with a small contract and can build around him. 60mil APY with Dak Is NOT THE ANSWER.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it really matter if the results are the same? Early playoff exit. Lance could get this team to the playoffs with a small contract and can build around him. 60mil APY with Dak Is NOT THE ANSWER.
Call Jerry and tell him, why cry about in here?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So the answer here is just getting to the playoffs and getting bumped in the first round is okay so long as Trey Lance is at quarterback and not Dak Prescott.

Because you just said it doesn't matter if the results are the same. Also, if Lance turns out to be a QB capable of leading this team to the postseason, do you think he re-signs in 2025 cheap?

Y'all act like agents and the NFL Players Association doesn't exist. This team had Dak on his rookie contract for 4 years and didn't spend on free agents and now you're acting like he's the one guy keeping this team from adding anybody.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I did, I'd be man enough to walk away.
Then get to walking ....... I was a fan of this team before Jerry ....... and I will be a fan when he is dead and in the ground.

And people like you, rockport, CT, Rambo, blueblood, and the other 3 or 4 are not gonna get away with bullying the fan-base that is tired of this nonsense.

I wish I could meet every one of you ...... and jazzcatt ........ it would make me so happy.