Video: Love of The Star: Cut Dak, Start CeeDee, Trade Parsons | Lance has Warts

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I hope they do nothing with any of the QB's contracts until after this season.
If Dak fails in the playoffs again, then why would anyone want him back?
If he does great in the playoffs, gets to the NFCCG, but if they lose, and no fault of his play. Then sign him to an extension.

Then does Jerry take a chance on Trey and gives him a contract, maybe even just a 1 year contract to prove himself.
They can also draft a QB if one is there.
Why wait if you can just do that now, I hear you clearly about waiting. You wait and really the 60 that we thinks he wants will be 60+, who knows, Tua will probably get like 58 lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Then get to walking ....... I was a fan of this team before Jerry ....... and I will be a fan when he is dead and in the ground.

And people like you, rockport, CT, Rambo, blueblood, and the other 3 or 4 are not gonna get away with bullying the fan-base that is tired of this nonsense.

I wish I could meet every one of you ...... and jazzcatt ........ it would make me so happy.
nobody ever wants to meet coog!!!! Sheesh lol jk

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Dak does NOT play bad in the playoffs. Other than the INTs (which can arguably be broken down to Dak and others contributing to them), Dak plays pretty good during the playoffs. I agree Dak demanding such high pay is hurting the team though.
Lmao.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So the answer here is just getting to the playoffs and getting bumped in the first round is okay so long as Trey Lance is at quarterback and not Dak Prescott.

Because you just said it doesn't matter if the results are the same. Also, if Lance turns out to be a QB capable of leading this team to the postseason, do you think he re-signs in 2025 cheap?

Y'all act like agents and the NFL Players Association doesn't exist. This team had Dak on his rookie contract for 4 years and didn't spend on free agents and now you're acting like he's the one guy keeping this team from adding anybody.
It’s hilarious some of the things they say. The lengths they’ll go to try and justify their hate for Dak is impressive.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Then get to walking ....... I was a fan of this team before Jerry ....... and I will be a fan when he is dead and in the ground.

And people like you, rockport, CT, Rambo, blueblood, and the other 3 or 4 are not gonna get away with bullying the fan-base that is tired of this nonsense.

I wish I could meet every one of you ...... and jazzcatt ........ it would make me so happy.
Why would it make you so happy?

visionary

Reaction score
Dak does NOT play bad in the playoffs. Other than the INTs (which can arguably be broken down to Dak and others contributing to them), Dak plays pretty good during the playoffs. I agree Dak demanding such high pay is hurting the team though.
Cant waste time with ignorance like this

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
There's a great plan. Replace Dak with someone even worse.

A sure-fire method to stop losing in the playoffs is to not even get there. Problem solved! Pure brilliance.
1. Are we guaranteed to get someone worse or is it a possibility that we might get someone worse?
2. Is not making the playoffs worse than making the playoffs and getting tossed out in the first round like clockwork?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Who's gonna sign with no film? He'll take the money if he can get it. Top draft picked benched for Mr. Irrelevant....I'm sure teams will be knocking down his door
They have not signed Lance beyond this season. If no other team would offer him a contract, why would the Cowboys? Bidding against themselves?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s not what he thinks but what other teams think. Do you think anyone will pay him right now? The ceiling for Lance’s contract, at the extreme most, would be Geno Smith but more likely be backup money. I seriously doubt any NFL team will pay Lance more than 5-7 million and/or make him a starter. Lance hopefully is smart enough to know the fastest way to a starting position, therefore a starting salary, is with the team he’s on now with the offense he already knows.

Now if we extend Dak then if I’m Lance I’m looking for another team after this season because outside of injuries he’s not seeing the field.
The Cowboys are paying him $5.5 million for this season and he’s not even going to play. If his agent is smart, and he is, he’ll advise his client to wait until he’s in a position to find a place he has a chance to develop. He doesn’t know who the Cowboys’ head coach is in 2025. He doesn’t know who the Cowboys’ OC is in 2025. So he can’t count on being on the next regimes roster in 2025. It’s the same reason Jerry won’t offer him a deal now for next season. Jerry doesn’t know who the head coach or OC is next year either.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I hope they do nothing with any of the QB's contracts until after this season.
If Dak fails in the playoffs again, then why would anyone want him back?
If he does great in the playoffs, gets to the NFCCG, but if they lose, and no fault of his play. Then sign him to an extension.

Then does Jerry take a chance on Trey and gives him a contract, maybe even just a 1 year contract to prove himself.
They can also draft a QB if one
Everytime we lose a game, no matter if Dak played well, he will get blamed soley for the loss from alot of posters. LOL. They refuse to see it as a team game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Everytime we lose a game, no matter if Dak played well, he will get blamed soley for the loss from alot of posters. LOL. They refuse to see it as a team game.
They believe that Dak also plays defense and offensive lines.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the whole video cuz it’s pretty long. I think:
Sign CD to whatever we need to.

Cut Dak or let him play out this year and walk. No way pay him 60 APY

Trade Micah because we can jumpstart the QB search with picks he would get us. And Micah’s play decreases as the season goes on and he completely disappears in the playoffs. Also I’m worried about his maturity and selfishness.

Sign Lance to a contract for 5-10 APY, closer to 5 as possible. Use Lance and Rush as bridge QBs while we churn the QB position.

In a perfect world I wish we could sign Dak for 25-30 million APY. He could win if the team was solid enough but at 55-60 APY the team couldn’t support him. I don’t think Dak is a scrub, he plays bad in the playoffs, but if we had a strong running team and a defense that could stop the run then maybe we could overcome his mental issues in the playoffs. But at 55-60 that would be impossible to put a team around him to succeed.
I agree on Dak.
As per Micah the Mouth, keep him as he is a blue chipper.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak does NOT play bad in the playoffs. Other than the INTs (which can arguably be broken down to Dak and others contributing to them), Dak plays pretty good during the playoffs.
This statement is crazy.

He was fantastic in 2016.
In 2018 we were down 23 to 7 before that stat machine got rolling.
In 2021 down 23 to 7 before the stat machine got rolling.
In 2022 we scored 12 points I guess we didn't fall far enough behind to get rolling.
In 2023 down 27 to 0 before Green Bay put out the bench.

IMHO things keep getting worse every year and we pretend like it isn't happening.