Love the moves so far!

75boyz

Reaction score
We have a new leader fellas. MARCH 12, 2022. Dumbest post so far this year. Who will be next? You were doing ok, then BOOM you let the other side of your brain talk nonsense!
The Rams and the Bucs are the past two SB winners. Who the hell cares about how old their players are? Winnnnnnnnnnning Championships is all that matters. Nothing else comes close.

Reality...

It's a strange drug I tell ya.

TheCritic

Reaction score
We have a new leader fellas. MARCH 12, 2022. Dumbest post so far this year. Who will be next? You were doing ok, then BOOM you let the other side of your brain talk nonsense!
The Rams and the Bucs are the past two SB winners. Who the hell cares about how old their players are? Winnnnnnnnnnning Championships is all that matters. Nothing else comes close.
No need to be disrespectful. Now hush and go sit down!

Nexx

Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.

Completely disagree with the overrated portion. We were a good QB away from being Super Bowl Contenders.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah!.

We’ll see if you’re just as excited when we’re picking in the top 15 in 2023. Get your popcorn ready!

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Tell me how this team is going to be better in 2022. Maybe going right direction for 2023 and beyond. But not this year.
Lets see what happens in the draft and free agency....that is how 2022 may be better. Cooper pouted too much this past year and wasn't a team player. That type of player can be replaced, and the result can be a positive.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Tell me how this team is going to be better in 2022. Maybe going right direction for 2023 and beyond. But not this year.

I disagree. Too early to tell. The value management for Cooper was pathetic but getting him off the books allow them to fill positions that matter. They already have their top WR. Need to get MUCH better on OL and DL. Also need help at S and LB. Cooper was a luxury item. Let’s see what they do with the cap space.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hard to imagine you sign a QB to a 40m deal, and then waste away another year of his contract to build for the future. Then again, this is the perfect excuse for Jerry...

Why does GM-for-life Jerry need an excuse? Is he in danger of being fired? :rolleyes:

Grenic

Reaction score
Cutting all that dead weight and moving off overpaid players? Oh hell yeah! Glad they are not going the Rams/Bucs route and loading up on old talent.

Wish we could get rid of Zeke but at least he's on notice. He has no choice but to produce to his contract or else!!

Last year's Cowboys were overrated, not really a 12-5 team (6-0 NFC East record doesn't impress me). But we are going the right direction this offseason.
Drugs are bad bad bad

TheCritic

Reaction score
We’ll see if you’re just as excited when we’re picking in the top 15 in 2023. Get your popcorn ready!
Actually I believe we will have a better team than last season even if the W-L record doesn't reflect it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yet they only scored 23 points brah
That's all it took to beat us. They went conservative in the 2nd half because they have Jimmy G at quarterback and even then he still threw a pick. No reason to play aggressive against a team that's not putting any points up. Anyone who watched that game knows damn well if it came down to the Cowboys having to get a stop they weren't going to do it. You saw the game right? How many poorly timed penalties did you need to see to think we had no chance in hell to win that game.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Boo this man.

princess-bride-boo.gif

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Coop was the problem. it was the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot who's responsible for the Boys lousy second half that cost Coop in Big D.

Nexx

Reaction score
That's all it took to beat us. They went conservative in the 2nd half because they have Jimmy G at quarterback and even then he still threw a pick. No reason to play aggressive against a team that's not putting any points up. Anyone who watched that game knows damn well if it came down to the Cowboys having to get a stop they weren't going to do it. You saw the game right? How many poorly timed penalties did you need to see to think we had no chance in hell to win that game.

your starting QB was barely 50% completion percentage. under 6 yards per completion. he threw 1 td. he the biggest reason why they lost. if you dont think he wasnt you are delusional.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Actually I believe we will have a better team than last season even if the W-L record doesn't reflect it.

Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. I honestly don’t see us being better. We’re going to lose too many good players and likely downgrade at those positions. Not having Cooper on the field will make our offense easier to defend. The one and done in the playoffs not only deflated the fan base but the organization which could result in a hangover heading into next season. This has been a bad offseason so far. A lot of distractions with the Sean Payton talk, the cheerleader scandal and Jerry Jones supposedly fathering a love child. This has all the makings for a rough 2022 season. I’ll be somewhat surprised if we make the playoffs. The Cowboys haven’t made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since 06 and 07. The trade that they didn’t make us a better team.